What's new

5 countries invited to bid for Croatia fighter buy

Sir, since you are very well informed about NATO standard, please do comparison between JF17 and NATO standard to understand us where JF17 standing, otherwise i think either NATO standard is a myth created by west or JF17 really misses the target. Please tell us Where JF17 as per NATO or i will consider your statements not as per PDF standard. Thank you

I do not know the details, but I do know that Gripen A was not sellable to NATO countries,
because it did not meet NATO standards, but Gripen C was designed to meet them.

I doubt that there exists a document "NATO standards for fighters"
NATO is attempting to be more efficient, this means that they standardize a lot of things.
Which jet fuel should be used, lubrication etc.
Communication (Link-16). Encryption. Approved Missiles. Ammunition for the cannon.
Communication busses to hard points. S/W protocols.
They publish standardization documents for each category, collectively these are the NATO standards. Not all are applicable to JF-17. Standards for 155 mm artillery rounds is one example.

Even if JF-17 technically meets the standards, that needs to be shown.

I do not know the details, but I do know that Gripen A was not sellable to NATO countries,
because it did not meet NATO standards, but Gripen C was designed to meet them.

I doubt that there exists a document "NATO standards for fighters"
NATO is attempting to be more efficient, this means that they standardize a lot of things.
Which jet fuel should be used, lubrication etc.
Communication (Link-16). Encryption. Approved Missiles. Ammunition for the cannon.
Communication busses to hard points. S/W protocols.
They publish standardization documents for each category, collectively these are the NATO standards. Not all are applicable to JF-17. Standards for 155 mm artillery rounds is one example.

Even if JF-17 technically meets the standards, that needs to be shown.
Brother, in the real world, there is no NATO standard exist and this is military hardware coverup use by US to sell equipment to Europe. Now Europe if start move away from US, then they need atleast 30 years and huge $$$ and Europe gives them self to US hands and can't move against US will and that is the fact

The Gripen C is dependent on the same engine as Tejas Mk1A.
The Gripen E is dependent on the same engine as Tejas Mk 2.
GE has offered production of 40-60% their engine and assembly in India.
The US has approved export of US made parts for Gripen to India.

I assume we are talking about GE F404 and F414 engines

Brother, in the real world, there is no NATO standard exist and this is military hardware coverup use by US to sell equipment to Europe. Now Europe if start move away from US, then they need atleast 30 years and huge $$$ and Europe gives them self to US hands and can't move against US will and that is the fact
That stupid comment only resulted in you beeing added to my ignore list.
Rafale, EF and Gripen all meet NATO standards.
Enjoy...

It is my wild guess that may be croatia will buy these planes from a sixth country. And that sixth country is not Pakistan India or China.

no no, fact that rafale didnt replace all mirage2000 is a proof that rafale isnt a 4.5 gen aircraft.

are you telling me middle east, europe are poor? typhoon didnt had issues with export

regarding JF-17. what do you mean lack of customers?, in short spam of 8 years jf-17 has 3 customers that is equal to rafale in 3 decades, rafale was without an export customer for 25 years

What a load of f*cking crap.

Rafale is replacing 7 type of aircrafts in the French Air Force & Navy and the remaining Mirages in the French Air Force (2000D and 2000-5F & C) are being used to their last potential and are used in complement of the Rafale.

The Rafale can well replace these aircrafts in their main role,here's not the problem. The 2000-5F & C are going to be retired of service by 2020 while the 2000D are undergoing mid-life upgrades to remain in service until 2030.

To date 180 Rafale were ordered by France. 132 for the AF and 48 for the Navy. Another tranche of Rafale will be bought to replace the remaining Mirages in the AF. (including the Mirage 2000N for nuclear role)

The Rafale standard F1 was fully operational in 2004 in the Navy,while the Rafale standard F2 entered in service in 2006 in the AF.

France developped alone its own multirole aircraft and bear all the costs of developments and productions,not the case for the Typhoon which were shared by several nations.

Actually,how many JF-17s were sold to foreign customers ? 19 ? (Nigeria 3,Myanmar 16)

Qatar and Egypt both bought 24 aircrafts with 12 being negociated in option.

India bought 36 aircraft and the final order might be much more than 36. Especially that there are chances for India to opt for the Rafale M.

Sayonara,Arrivederci,Adios,Adieu.

rafale is a 4.5 gen either as both have just 2 customers(same as jf-17 with Nigeria and Myanmar) infact if i count the first 7 years of its operation there were zero export customers, so i doubt rafale is even a 3rd gen AC
as France still has not replaced all of its mirages with it, this is also true for typhoon, as Austria have retired them and is opting for f-16s

you have to act like a fool to talk to fool

they need a NATO standard aircraft
do you see a mig 29/su 35?

for thunder to prevail in western market, Pakistan will need to entirely revamp it to western standard meaning replacement of the engine and most of radar and avionics.
even if pakistan achieve this, small NATO countries will not buy it because USA will simply block the sale due to fact that atlleast some of equipment is built in Pakistan, as things stand now i will surpise if they even block a purely pakistani piece of equipment like a Super Mushak

on the contrary i think even advertisement of jf-17 in western block is waste of money and should be done, let alone expecting a sale

JF-17 has a very limited market because most countries have disbanded their air force, the market lies in Africa, part of south east asia(which is not out of far due to chinese sea issue), latin america(worsening economy) and in tuff block of muslim countries divided by strong USA and russian presence

so i doubt JF-17 is going to get many export customers, my guess 3-4 countries and around 100
in Myanmar, Nigeria, may be Azerbaijan, srilanka(if it doesnt scumb to india), Egypt(a near sale now unlikley),an odd African Muslim block country, may a latin american country, unlikely but possibly a GCC country

but it wasn't built for export, it was built for PAF
but again how many countries got the ideal gripen in vast NATO allied countries market, not many(hungry/Czech on lease the very many excess of Swedish aircrafts, Thailand ~13, south africa, future brazil)
Jf17 is acquired by poor third world countries so they can pretend to have modern fighter jets.

Jf17 is acquired by poor third world countries so they can pretend to have modern fighter jets.
Yeah 35 mill for a block II, minus spares,infra, training is pretty cheap.

Romania should ask for credit to buy a sqd... considering pathetic condition of its military ...
specifically airforce.

Romania should ask for credit to buy a sqd... considering pathetic condition of its military ...
specifically airforce.
Thnx but we

specifically airforce.

Thnx, but we buy F16's with our money,not aid like some. ....Credit from whome, ? A country with half our budget?

Thnx but we

Thnx, but we buy F16's with our money,not aid like some. ....Credit from whome, ? A country with half our budget?
U do? with ur tiny defence budget ... and ur mig21s and 5 or so old block ADF 16s bought from portugtal for 18 mil a pop including training and logistical support cost ..

@flamer84 Even a cheap JF is out of ur reach at over 35 million a pop.. minus other costs.. :rofl:

Our paramilitary is more capable than ur army..:D

As for others.. well they bought em for 5.5 billion dollars.... which is more than ur entire defence budget.

Last edited:
U do? with ur tiny defence budget ... and ur mig21s and 5 or so old block ADF 16s.... our paramilitary is more capable than ur army..:D

As for others.. well they bought em for 5.5 billion dollars.... which is more than ur entire defence budget.
Not everyone is stup I'd to spend a quarter of the national budget on defence.

Sure... but not everbody wants to be dominated by a larger country... unlike romania and her russian love story.

And oh... FMS arent AID..otherwise... ur in the same bracket..

And we just paid over 1.2 bil for Vipers and 1000 hellfires...

Sure... but not everbody wants to be dominated by a larger country... unlike romania and her russian love story.

And oh... FMS arent AID..otherwise... ur in the same bracket..

And we just paid over 1.2 bil for Vipers and 1000 hellfires...
And we will pay 5.12 billion $ for Patriot and HIMARS,1.85 billion for 4 corvettes,2.3 billion for APC'c,etc....Probaly less than you for Vipers because we're going to manufacture them in house, hehe :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom