What's new

2400 Sikh pilgrims arrive for Baisakhi Festival

Most people shy away from taking this journey because of the perception Pakistan carries in the international arena.

Do a few round trips of Pakistan and the questioning starts at the Indian airport and doesn't end until you reach home.

This is the major issue for most people.

Thousands of Sikh pilgrims arrive to a warm welcome

“Pakistanis are wonderful hosts. This is my second trip to Pakistan and I am happy to see that the government has provided pilgrims even more facilities than last year,” Sukhwinder Singh, a 60-year-old pilgrim from India, said.

21.jpg

Parabhjot Singh, a 13-year-old pilgrim, said, “It is a great feeling to come to Pakistan for the first time. I came for a religious event and am amazed to see such a lovely reception for us.”

“We are here to celebrate 315th birthday of Khalsa faith and the love we have received on arrival cannot be explained in words,” said Indi Kaur, a 35-year-old pilgrim from Amritsar.

Jarmoun Singh, another pilgrim, said, “I have been visiting Pakistan for Baisakhi Festival for the last 4 years. Every year, the ETPB provides us better facilities than before.”

The pilgrims are full of praise. Bless them.

5347a0ed6ae37.jpg

Baisakhi is the beginning of the solar year in the Indian state of Punjab. – Photo by AFP

Most people shy away from taking this journey because of the perception Pakistan carries in the international arena.

Do a few round trips of Pakistan and the questioning starts at the Indian airport and doesn't end until you reach home.

This is the major issue for most people.

Pakistan only give visas to 2400. Got to do with facilities etc Pakistan is not as rich as Saudis to provide Haj like experience. Still free meal etc is good enough.

Anyway Punjab is very safe, especially where sikhs will visit. Hardly any bomb blast there like in ever.

How dare they bring there filthy religion to the land of the pure.

I don't believe this to be a real account i.e. just for messing about. Moderators please?

Back
Top Bottom