What's new

2400 Sikh pilgrims arrive for Baisakhi Festival

Know many people who have been to pakistan for pilgrimage.They all have talked about how well they were treated by other pakistanis thank you pakistan.

I know one Sikh elder who has been four times!

It's good i think pakistan should have open border policy when it comes sikh pilgrimage.

That is going too far, they should allow more than the small amount that they do currently but they should apply for visa normally so Pakistan can keep track of whose coming and going.

My mama and mami have been three times.

Ha! There you go. I hope they had a lovely time. The three things they talk of most are firstly the ease of language (Punjabi), how friendly everyone is (compared to media perceptions) and how comfortable they found their lodgings and the sightseeing. They were also impressed at how the holy sites had been kept.

Did your mama and mami visit Panja Saib?

Ha! There you go. I hope they had a lovely time. The three things they talk of most are firstly the ease of language (Punjabi), how friendly everyone is (compared to media perceptions) and how comfortable they found their lodgings and the sightseeing. They were also impressed at how the holy sites had been kept.

Did your mama and mami visit Panja Saib?
You know what mate you have summed it all up there that is exactly what they were impressed about.They did go to panja sahib nankana sahib and others.This is one trip on my bucket list.

You know what mate you have summed it all up there that is exactly what they were impressed about.They did go to panja sahib nankana sahib and others.This is one trip on my bucket list.

Nice. The elders always speak with such affection about Panja Sahib. You see it is set near the mountains and they love sitting high up and looking down on it. They also love how large and beautiful the complex is. It was also a place of refuge when those Taliban savages were on the march in Swat. But now that has ended and the Sikh folk of Swat went home.

I hope you can make the journey as well.

Being a sufi these sites mean a great deal to us, as we pay respect to the friendships the Gurus had with the Sufi saints of the past. It's also part of our faith as a whole to keep these places for our Sikhs and those visiting inshallah.

@yuba

@jatt+gutts

I wish the Sikh pilgrims an excellent visit to Pakistan. I hope they fulfill their wants and aspirations with which they came to their holy sites I am sure my countrymen will extend all hospitality to them. So many elderly among them.

P.S: those rainbow umbrellas do not belong at Nankana Sahib.. It would be better if umbrellas with traditional themes of Punjab are used as that would be more spiritually uplifting for the pilgrims. I am sure Nankana Sahib is managed by Pakistani Sikh Trustees. I just fear that these religious places of the Sikh friends are not turned into commercial properties.

Nice. The elders always speak with such affection about Panja Sahib. You see it is set near the mountains and they love sitting high up and looking down on it. They also love how large and beautiful the complex is. It was also a place of refuge when those Taliban savages were on the march in Swat. But now that has ended and the Sikh folk of Swat went home.

I hope you can make the journey as well.

Being a sufi these sites mean a great deal to us, as we pay respect to the friendships the Gurus had with the Sufi saints of the past. It's also part of our faith as a whole to keep these places for our Sikhs and those visiting inshallah.
My mama says the view on the way there was beautiful.Even on our side of punjab pir shrines that are packed i remember when i was young when i used to go to my nanke we used to go to this pir shrine to pay respects with my mum.

My mama says the view on the way there was beautiful.Even on our side of punjab pir shrines that are packed i remember when i was young when i used to go to my nanke we used to go to this pir shrine to pay respects with my mum.

Very nice. Yes the view on the way goes through the mountainous regions of Pakistan.

Hopefully if all goes well and pakistan gives me visa ill make this trip in the next few years.

I wish you well my friend. I'm sure there will be no issue.

We should demolish the unwanted buildings around the Gurdwara sahib and start a 20 year expansion plan. Streamline visas for Sikhs from N.America and Europe and a proper train service for the Indian Sikhs. It will not only comfort the pilgrims but also boost the local economy.

Hopefully if all goes well and pakistan gives me visa ill make this trip in the next few years.

Apply well before Bisakhi and use British passport if you hold one. You will get the visa quicker.

Know many people who have been to pakistan for pilgrimage.They all have talked about how well they were treated by other pakistanis thank you pakistan.

They are our guests, therefore deserve our hospitality.

Just give it sometime. With the $50 billion confirmed investment projects, the whole country will prosper gradually.

We should demolish the unwanted buildings around the Gurdwara sahib and start a 20 year expansion plan. Streamline visas for Sikhs from N.America and Europe and a proper train service for the Indian Sikhs. It will not only comfort the pilgrims but also boost the local economy.

Apply well before Bisakhi and use British passport if you hold one. You will get the visa quicker.

They are our guests, therefore deserve our hospitality.

Back
Top Bottom