Kadoo if made by a pro, lazeezum!
Daal maash
Gajar aaloo matar sabzi
Aaloo Vala Naan
Vaysan Vala Naan
Curry pakora
Kachnaar

And the list goes on and on and on.

However all aforementioned dishes must be eaten with a wheat parontha a glass of sourly salty lassi and chatni/sauce. I specifically prefer chatni made of anaar daana, podina, green chili and yogurt all grinded by hand - - - - - -.

List those Pakistani dishes that are made from strictly vegetarian ingredients with the exception of milk. Post pics and state the recipe.

Although this thread is Pakistan-centric this is one question for which there is little chance of any Pakistani answer.

Still hoping . . .

P. S.: And is it as delicious as the non-veg cuisine of Pakistan?

- PRTP GWD
@Meengla

- PRTP GWD

Oh Bhai. I can't tell zucchini apart from cucumber, or lime from lemon, or even broccoli from cauliflower, so please don't embarrass me with this. I will say though: I love Indian and Pakistani food. If I were to choose veggie dishes, then definitely South Indian and Sri Lankan dishes would be my favorite. In case of meat dishes, Pakistan is the unparalleled champion of the world of spicy foods!

List those Pakistani dishes that are made from strictly vegetarian ingredients with the exception of milk. Post pics and state the recipe.

Although this thread is Pakistan-centric this is one question for which there is little chance of any Pakistani answer.

Still hoping . . .

- PRTP GWD
@Safriz

- PRTP GWD

You are asking meat eaters about Vegetarian dishes. Obviously we dont know much.
I dont remember when was the last time i had a meal without meat in it. Other than breakfast.

You are asking meat eaters about Vegetarian dishes. Obviously we dont know much.
I dont remember when was the last time i had a meal without meat in it. Other than breakfast.
OK. List Breakfast vegetarian dishes only.

- PRTP GWD

Still hoping . . .

- PRTP GWD
@Spring Onion @Mugwop @Dubious

- PRTP GWD

And is it as delicious as the non-veg cuisine of Pakistan?

- PRTP GWD
Oh yes. Basically, traditional cusine of Punjab is vegetarian. Sarso ka saag, chaney, makai ki roti. However, Punjab being the melting pot of cultures got good karahi from Baluchs, excellant food from KAshmiris and recently the Shinwari (Pushton) food resulted in use of black pepper salt then other mirchis.

Still hoping . . .

- PRTP GWD
@Maarkhoor @RealNapster

- PRTP GWD

Still hoping . . .

- PRTP GWD
They must be almost same.. Just I noticed we put less oil, put butter when necessary (Indians put it thinking it might improve taste), heavy on garlic ginger, and also spices (but we use less haldi and other spices).

Sorry but I surmise that except in Punjab and Sindh, vegetarian dishes are nonexistent in Pakistan. There may be some vegetarian supplement (akin to pickle) for the purpose of tasting but nothing essentially vegetarian. @Imran Khan will tell.

- PRTP GWD
This is totally false. In khyber phuktunkhwa roadside venders sale homemade vegetables with rotis. And also always vegetables and pulses are Avalible. In balochistan too in every restaurant you find vegetables.

Still hoping . . .

- PRTP GWD
@Asimzranger

- PRTP GWD

There is a dish my grand mother makes. My mother don't know this at all before marriage. After marriage she learned it.
It's called bhindi piyaz kerala, the name can actually tell you what it is. Sometimws cooked with meat or without meat. Equal amount of vegetables are fried and then cooked in chopped tomatoes and spices and termerind sauce. Eat with roti.
Also saag was a very common and appreciated dish.
Palak was eaten a lot but with chicken or mutton. Usually people eat Palak mutton with boiled rice or even pulao. I have not seen Palak Paneer yet in Pakistan in Punjab. If they make it in karachi don't know. But we simply don't know Palak Paneer.
Aloo ke peratha.

Oh Bhai. I can't tell zucchini apart from cucumber, or lime from lemon, or even broccoli from cauliflower, so please don't embarrass me with this. I will say though: I love Indian and Pakistani food. If I were to choose veggie dishes, then definitely South Indian and Sri Lankan dishes would be my favorite. In case of meat dishes, Pakistan is the unparalleled champion of the world of spicy foods!
You talk as if it is your achievement not eating vegetables. Actually it is not.
Eating meet again and again would give you many proteins but you would lack lots of vitamin and minerals and fibers. Unless you substitute it with fruits. Eating chicken (specially the steroid filled Avalible in pakistan) is really harmful and you certainly are not rich enough to afford Mitton daily. Plus beef was not seen a perefernce in punjab unless in dishes which are made out of beef. A human need a balance of meet, vegetables, fruits, and other stuff.

Still hoping . . .

- PRTP GWD
@JohnWick

- PRTP GWD

Still hoping . . .

- PRTP GWD
@Myth_buster_1 @Path-Finder @RAMPAGE @JafarQureshi @litman @Sinnerman108 @HttpError @Cookie Monster @PakGuns @Baz @ColonelSanders @Khanivore @Mangus Ortus Novem

- PRTP GWD

Still hoping . . .

- PRTP GWD
@Trango Towers

- PRTP GWD

Back
Top Bottom