What's new

India's Cuisine Ranked Fifth In The List Of Best Cuisines Of The World

German food is my favourite western food. saur kraut and mash potatoes with pork shoulder fried and spiced sausages are very good.

Chinese and Thai are my favourite asian food.

Indian food should be on top of the list if you like having stomach cramps.

Enndians can fake anything. The whole country is based on principles of piracy and perversion.

India is ranked fifth on the global list of the best cuisines for 2022, according to Taste Atlas. The ranking is based on audience votes for ingredients, dishes, and beverages. Italy's food came in first place followed by Greece and Spain.

India received 4.54 points and the best rated foods of the country include "garam masala, malai, ghee, butter garlic naan, keema", the rating said. It has a total of 460 items in the list. Furthermore, the best restaurants to try Indian cuisine are Shree Thaker Bhojanalay (Mumbai), Karavalli (Bengaluru), Bukhara (New Delhi), Dum Pukht (New Delhi), Comorin (Gurugram) and 450 others, according to the list.

Japan, the United States of America, Turkiye, France and Peru were also among the top 10 countries with best cuisines. Chinese cuisine, which is the world's most popular, however, ranked 11th on the list.

This tweet with the list has grabbed many eyeballs on the internet. It has amassed over 36 million views with over 15,000 comments. Many people felt that the list didn't justify its rankings. Some said that the cuisine of their country is better than any other cuisine,

One user wrote, "This is a list you'd come up with if you'd never eaten food."

"Hi, I think there's been an error. England is on this list for some reason," said another person.

"Absolute nonsense," said another person.

A well-travelled user wrote, "I've traveled to 40/50 of these countries and I can tell you this is the most inaccurate list @TasteAtlas. You left off so many foodie countries like Morocco, Ethiopia, Myanmar, and many more. Including Lithuania and not Latvia or Estonia is just funny."

"Lebanon, Pakistan, Thailand, Jamaica should be in the top 10. How is England on the list? German food? What, kartoffelpuffer & bratkartoffeln?? How are people liking Bangladesh over Pakistan?! Too much stress in one tweet," remarked another person.

Post a comment"What is American cuisine? Oreo?" asked another user

@jamahir @Skull and Bones @-=virus=-
I am biased so I dont understand what is so special about Japan or Spanish. awarding first three to European/ Mediterranean countries that are almost the same is lame.
granted I dont grade every single Indian or Pakistani dish as outstanding but there are so many variations to chose from.

in my view Indo / Pak food by far is the best. there is so much variety there that it covers all the food palettes and possible taste buds. I have had chance of trying out the cuisines many times from these 4 countries and there is nothing that knocks out Indian food.

again it maybe my bias or taste buds that can very from person to person but realistically I would put Indian +Pakistani food to 2nd (being polite) and put all European food in first position understanding that there is a world out there that has different eating habits and doesn't apricate the mix of spices and herbs.. fair enough.

foot note:- I added Pakistani food cuisines with Indian food as well because there are a lot of crossovers .

Hindu food is horrible,,,, this is Indian Muslim food
please just stop embarrassing yourself.
I didnt know if Lentils, rice and vegetable dishes had a religion but I wont even go in that argument.
your post is inappropriate.

India's best rated food is" GARAM MASALA", "GHEE" etc.,
Do these guys even know what is food? is this some kind of joke?

BTW, Indian food is so diverse, people don't even know where to start or stop. Food culture in India varies wildly.
Obligatory admission - I hate better chicken, love biryani and ilish.
exactly my point

"Hindu" food kek it's all "Indian" food
and there's both veg and non veg.
you see?

this is why I always argue here that not every problem i Pakistan is because of GHQ
its this retarded mindset which is incurable. ISI and GHQ has no hand in it.

Last edited:
Most of these surveys are done with a bias and a motive. They have no scientific basis and survey size is so small that final result is mostly biased.

Food choice is region based and some of them have permeated across the cultural lines due to their appeal. No one forced anyone to have a food from another part of the world.

Some of them have been modified to suit the local pallets.
Domino’s now sells Paneer Tikka Pizza and others too do the same.

A lot of Chinese food sold in India is completely different from what Chinese would themselves eat. I find authentic Chinese food sold in China to be too bland to my taste. I am sure Chinese themselves love it.

Food from Asian subcontinent and East Asia is definitely most flavourful and with variety. That’s why it has entered the kitchens across the world.

People calling Indian food bad don’t know about what Indian food consists of. From Kashmir to Kanyakumari and from Arunachal to Gujrat, the kind of food eaten is so varied that only an ignorant fool would call the entire cuisine within a region so vast and varied, bad.

Post a comment"What is American cuisine? Oreo?" asked another user

:rofl:

And IndiaPositive, I did not receive the alert for you tagging me. Maybe you added my name to your OP after posting it and then opening it and editing.

Please posted Indian food on this thread that are mentioned via Youtube

Good that you mention that and what I will say here will perfectly describe the pointlessness of this ranking and the nationalist bickerings on this thread. There is a quiz show on Indian TV called Kaun Banega Crorepati which is the Indian version of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. There were three chefs as special guests on last night's episode. One segment was where they were given a plate and spoon and told to use a buzzer when one of them is the first to want to give history of a food item. One prompt was about the South Indian food called Idli which is a steamed batter bun that is eaten with "chutney" ( some sauce, usually spiced coconut sauce ) and with "sambar" ( gravy ). The most regular version of idli is the rice and lentils batter idli as below :
Instant-idli-sambar-WS-1.jpg

Now the chef who banged the plate first to speak about the idli said that the idli is not Indian at all but of Indonesian origin. A thousand years ago the Chola kingdom of the Tamils of South India expanded into various parts of East Asia including Indonesia and had some presences there and it was the Cholan princesses who went to Indonesia who brought the idli to Tamil land in India and that spread to other parts of South India and then in modern times to other parts of India.

Just like many ideas food too can come from far away but becomes enmeshed in a certain land and gets varieties over time. For example with idli there is a variety called Rava idli which is made from rava which is the local name for Semolina :
Rava_Idli_%286005561226%29.jpg

Another example is that of chillies that are so common in India now don't have Indian origin but brought to India by the Portuguese settlers and colonizers a few hundred of years ago but the irrational among the Hindus made it part of their many superstitions by constructing an arrangement of hanging lemon and seven chillies to ward off "evil eyes". So the Portuguese who brought chillies to India don't have this superstition but Hindus do. :rofl: The below tweet by a rational and progressive Hindu depicts this nonsense :
Please read the Twitter thread below the above tweet because you will connect the context to this thread and find the travel that food and food ingredients do across the world and this then makes this PDF thread pointless.

in my opinion the best cuisine is what and when Mark Weins eats on his food trips and interstingly he eats every type of cuisines with equal passion and respect...

pls dont insult other, this is about food which is more or less same for human lives and depends on ones acquired taste..

Last edited:
...connect the context to this thread and find the travel that food and food ingredients do across the world and this then makes this PDF thread pointless.
mashallah !

bhai ko food thread pe bhi problem hai, wah !

DearestHugeArchaeocete-max-1mb.gif

---------------------------------------------------------

not entirely surprising, though

you are, after all, a "man", whose highlight of the week is your 2 eggs meal 😆

you pathetic starving, dirty bhikari..😂🤣

Last edited:
-------------------------------------------
smelly malnourished virgin

wants desperately to be with "females" :cry:

but no one will have you

then you go "challo lonely ultra super fatties to de hi dengi"

turns out, the way to the 🫶 is through food 🍔 that costs money in our horrible capitalist world

and now you're mad at everyone because you in between a rock and a hard place

na puxxdi, na pahay, BC... upar wale ne dimaag tak na dia.. :sarcastic:

🍟🌭🧀🍕🥪🌮🥘🍰🍰🧁🎂🫘🥣🥣🌭🍔🍔🍔

This list is shit. India should be on top. And what are Greece and Spain doing at number 2 and 3 ?
Let me guess, this is one of those crap lists that 'discovers' a new hot cuisine every year and in a patronising way includes it in the top 10. Like we had an obese trans guy winning a beauty contest for women a few weeks back.

There are almost 30 states in India. Each has its own cuisine. Bigger states have more than one. Here in Karnataka where I live there are 3 distinct ones. No one living outside India can even begin to comprehend the vastness of Indian cuisines. Even Indians who haven't travelled much inside India aren't aware.
This.

It won’t be long before the true breadth and depth of “Indian” cuisine become part of mainstream global awareness. It’s so incredibly vast and varied. Pakistanis think they “understand” Indian food because they have access to the derivative of perhaps a single type of Indian cuisine and some crossovers.

On Indian Chinese food, there’s no question. I think we were right to change up the original version. I don’t enjoy the Chinese Chinese food nearly as much. Somewhat bland.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom