What's new

List of most educated countries in the world: Know where India stands

my2cents

Reaction score
Country
India

List of most educated countries in the world: Know where India stands​

India has secured a place in the list of the most educated countries in the world, which is dominated by nations in Europe. The list is topped by South Korea.

In a study conducted by an X handle called ‘World of Statistics,’ it was found that 20 percent of Indian citizens in the age group of 25 to 34 years have completed tertiary education.

According to the study, which defines educated individuals as those who have completed tertiary education, South Korea has the highest percentage. With 69 percent, the nation topped the list of the most educated countries in the world.
Following South Korea, Canada has the highest percentage of educated persons. Luxembourg, the richest country in the world with the highest GDP per capita, occupies the sixth spot with 60 percent of educated individuals.

Also Read
Know country-wise Canadian Student Visa approval rate
Surprisingly, the United States lags behind many European countries on the list. Germany, one of the major countries in Europe, also ranks lower on the list.

With 20 percent of its population having completed tertiary education, India holds the 43rd position on the list.

Below is the complete list of the most educated countries in the world:

1. South Korea: 69%
  2. Canada: 67%
  3. Japan: 65%
  4. Ireland: 63%
  5. Russia: 62%
  6. Luxembourg: 60%
  7. Lithuania: 58%
  8. UK: 57%
  9. Netherlands: 56%
  10. Norway: 56%
  11. Australia: 56%
  12. Sweden: 52%
  13. Belgium: 51%
  14. Switzerland: 51%
  15. United States: 51%
  16. Spain: 50%
  17. France: 50%
  18. Denmark: 49%
  19. Slovenia: 47%
  20. Israel: 46%
  21. Latvia: 45%
  22. Greece: 45%
  23. Portugal: 44%
  24. New Zealand: 44%
  25. Estonia: 44%
  26. Austria: 43%
  27. Turkey: 41%
  28. Iceland: 41%
  29. Finland: 40%
  30. Poland: 40%
  31. Chile: 40%
  32. Slovakia: 39%
  33. Germany: 37%
  34. Czechia: 34%
  35. Colombia: 34%
  36. Hungary: 32%
  37. Costa Rica: 31%
  38. Italy: 29%
  39. Mexico: 27%
  40. China: 27%
  41. Saudi Arabia: 26%
  42. Brazil: 23%
  43. India: 20%
  44. Argentina: 19%
  45. Indonesia: 18%
  46. South Africa: 13%

Tertiary education is 12+ above education.

The percentage is lower for developing countries because many older generations never enter tertiary education.

But for young people, I can say many of them are university graduates.

Despite the quality is questionable.

I think the end result is more important.

If a country is able to produce modern cars, computers, etc, and able to compete in the international market, I can say the quality of education is good.

That is matter.

If it's just a percentage number of university graduates, it's not telling the whole story.

Statistically, a country can have 90% of university graduates, but if it produces nothing in the real world, it can be considered as useless (aka 0%).

20% is pathetic number.

Also, sad to see China is only at 27%. This makes me feel that it’s a made up list and the real list will be released by CCP after one year from now.

@beijingwalker @etylo Whenever you have a video on the American video sharing platform (AKA YouTube), please share it here. Thanks.

20% is pathetic number.

Also, sad to see China is only at 27%. This makes me feel that it’s a made up list and the real list will be released by CCP after one year from now.

@beijingwalker @etylo Whenever you have a video on the American video sharing platform (AKA YouTube), please share it here. Thanks.
Seems about right at 27%. China can pump that number up to 50% if it wants to do what US does and pump out African feminism degrees and LGBTQIA degrees etc but China has good career prospects for those who go into technical colleges. My cousins work in railway industry as supervisor and another is a builder and they both went to college not Uni and both quite rich because they had the right business and people skills. Degrees are good but they are not everything like in some countries.

Uni jobs don't pay that much in China which is why everyones dream is to own their own successful business eventually and have a chance of getting wealthy

Back
Top Bottom