What's new

India's Cuisine Ranked Fifth In The List Of Best Cuisines Of The World

Don't know about Amreeka, but I have eaten 'Indian' food in many European cities and it is uniformly crap. It is a bastardized Punjabi-Mughlai cuisine dumbed down to suit gora palette. Very very one dimensional made by the same type of chefs, who keep importing the same kind of chefs after them. Many of these are run by Bangladeshis or a mix of Indians/Pak/BD staff.

To make it worse, the veggie cuisine is dominated by the 'Udupi' kind of establishments, which is the worst of South Indian food. They are very good at scaling up, so they are every where and everyone thinks this is what south Indian food is like. The best south Indian breakfast is from Tamil Nadu and Kerala, which you will be hard pressed to find abroad.

In all my travels I have never found these items abroad, which to me represent the best of Indian cuisine:

• Goan Prawn Curry (Goa)
  • Malwani fish curry (Maharashtra)
  • Chicken Ghee Roast (Mangalore)
  • Chicken Chettinad (Tamil Nadu)
  • Guntur Chicken (Andhra / Telangana)
  • Mutton pepper fry (Karnataka/Kerala)
  • Coorgi Pandi fry (Coorg Pork fry)
  • Karimeen pan fried in Banana leaf (Kerala)
  • Malabar Beef Roast
  • Kosha Mangsho (Bengal)
  • Awadhi Biryani (Lucknow/Kolkata)
  • Saoji Mutton (Maharashtra)
  • Laal Maas (Rajasthan)
  • Mutton Dhansak (Parsi/Mumbai)
  • Dindigul Biryani (Tamil Nadu)
  • Authentic Delhi style Chhole Bhature
  • Authentic Delhi style Bedmi Puri and Pumpkin curry
  • Authentic Mumbai Chowpatty style Pav Bhaji dripping in butter
  • Appam and Stew (Kerala)
  • Idiyappam and Egg Roast (Kerala)
  • Boti Masala (Gowda style in Karnataka)
  • Thalassery Biryani (Kerala)
  • Bhoger Khichurhi with baigan bhaja (Bengal)
I could go on. People outside Indian have no friggin clue about Indian food

@-=virus=-
What the source backup of your claim??? Similarly I will claim that none of these dishes are famous in the world but mughal dishes are famous all over the world if I have no proof or backup to my claims no one believe me

What the source backup of your claim??? Similarly I will claim that none of these dishes are famous in the world but mughal dishes are famous all over the world if I have no proof or backup to my claims no one believe me
Everyone is free to claim that their cuisine is the best. That was not the point. You said in your earlier post that most of Indian cuisine is Mughlai cuisine. As an Indian living in India I am saying it is not. If you had said most of the Indian cuisine being sold abroad is Mughlai cuisine, that was a different thing, and even that is debatable.

All these names ‘Shahi’, ‘Murgh’, ‘Mughlai’ have a Mughal connotation / inspiration to it. Same with barfi, falooda.

Now of course our Indian friends might deny it.

Coming to the topic of Indian and Pakistani food. It’s difficult to ascertain the difference but Pakistani food seems to be low on masala than its Indian counterpart. And Pakistani food is quite heavy on non vegetarian.

Coming to the topic of Indian and Pakistani food. It’s difficult to ascertain the difference but Pakistani food seems to be low on masala than its Indian counterpart. And Pakistani food is quite heavy on non vegetarian.
I believe in cuisine regions. For me South Asia (excluding Afghanistan) is one cuisine region.
Similarly there is South East Asian, East Asian, Mediterranean, Arabic etc.

In restaurant food, the major difference I have observed in North Indian and Pakistani cuisine is that north Indian chefs used pre-cooked curries and when they get an order they customize it as per the recipe. But all dishes will contain either the red gravy (tomato based) or the brown gravy (onion based). In Pakistani restaurants the dishes tend to be cooked in bulk and kept in serving counters. There isn't any last minute preparation, perhaps with the exception of karahi.

All these names ‘Shahi’, ‘Murgh’, ‘Mughlai’ have a Mughal connotation / inspiration to it. Same with barfi, falooda.

Now of course our Indian friends might deny it.

There is no mughal cusine in central asia, their cusine is completely different. It is Indian mix of some foreign techniques(very less contribution).

Last edited:
I’m not gonna lie, I don’t think I can ever eat at a restaurant by an Indian Hindu. Just my thoughts. The closest I’ve been was to a restaurants run by this mom and pop Punjabi Sikh or Hindu family. Took a Gori on a date there as it was safer not to run into anyone from our community (we lived in a small state).

The others just look horrible. This was also 13 years ago. Seems like a lifetime ago

Back
Top Bottom