What's new

Why Pakistan Army is Quiet on Drone Attack

then why spending 8bn$ on defence janab ? jab yehi jawab sunny hain to fazool main pesy kiyoo lagay ? why not spend this huge amount somewhere better ?

Why Not Get A Psychiatrist For You

òhh so you want someone fix my brain as per ISPR requirements ?so i believe what scrap they say and chant SHUKRIYA RAHEEL SHAREEF ?

BTW where is mujahid e azam raheel these days ?:lol:

Grumpy_Cat_001_ofcbnl.jpg

According to the Taliban spokesman his phone was off now he said we don't know if he is lying low or he is in trouble.... wait for the Taliban to issue a statement

It's my first ever reply to any kind of post on this forum. I have been a silent but regular observer of this forum from last few months and never thought to write anything on whatever the topic is.
But today let me write my feelings down here. I couldn't hold myself today. Let me express myself here. Because I believe I'm not a single person, I am representing many common Pakistani voices. So hear me as a common Pakistani.
I'm a simple Pakistani,belongs to lower middle class, a University lecturer, and very patriotic person. Returned from U.K. After getting higher education to serve my country.
I never put my nose on what I don't know that's why I never said a single word ever on this forum.
16-12-2014 APS attack was the worst day of my life but I never gave up on hope, I cried a lot in my room but had high hopes with my nation, political parties, armed forces, judiciary and media houses. I thought we as nation are in a very early stage and we are just as a kid and will grow up stronger. We just need time.
Before that, OBL operation by Americans was very embarrassing for me as I was in UK at that time.

And to be very honest I was never down, I was always optimistic. But for some strange reason, I'm literally depressed since I have heard about this new drone attack news. Not because of Mullah been killed in it. He wasn't my "Mamy da putt" but because of what western powers are doing with us ? What the hell is going on? Who's running our country ? I mean it's totally unbelievable. Are we even a country ? A nation ?
I'm fed up of all this crap. We should have some dignity or its better to die as nation. No point of living this shameful life.
I might sound very emotional but yes I'm saying it right. Are we Nuclear power ???? I'm ashamed for being a Pakistani who got nucks but no balls. I'm ashamed for being bullied by everyone just because we are beggars ???
I'm so stressed and hopeless.

Respected TTA and other members who believe we are third world country so we can NOT really do anything. I beg to differ. Yes you guys do make a point here. USA is economically powerful than Pakistan. Yes Pakistan is a third world country. But that is plan of USA, to under pressure third world countries to remain the so called 'world's superpower'. So now you mates want to see Pakistan as a third world country for the rest of the time?
Then that's how USA is successfully achieving its goals. I am not saying to have a undeclared war or any fight with USA. But some courage....sometimes ....on some issues is needed. Always getting afraid to their strong economy will do nothing but make you more weak and depended on USA. And you will never raise your head and live your life with dignity.
This chain needs to break one day. Slowly and gradually. But for this Pakistan has to learn to say NO to USA. Compromising everytime won't really help Pakistan to get better economy one day and then fight back.
Or maybe finding the alternative way, somewhere in between, where Pakistan doesn't have to bow down to USA.And USA's need is also fullfiled.
In this particular case, Pakistan could have ask for collective work and carrying an operation to get Mullah Mansoor.
Or any other in-between way.
On one hand we know and say USA isn't a trustworthy friend. So what guarantee do we have, this was the last drone?

Also, On one hand US want us to make taliban sit on table on the other she is ordering us to kill them .

It's my first ever reply to any kind of post on this forum. I have been a silent but regular observer of this forum from last few months and never thought to write anything on whatever the topic is.
But today let me write my feelings down here. I couldn't hold myself today. Let me express myself here. Because I believe I'm not a single person, I am representing many common Pakistani voices. So hear me as a common Pakistani.
I'm a simple Pakistani,belongs to lower middle class, a University lecturer, and very patriotic person. Returned from U.K. After getting higher education to serve my country.
I never put my nose on what I don't know that's why I never said a single word ever on this forum.
16-12-2014 APS attack was the worst day of my life but I never gave up on hope, I cried a lot in my room but had high hopes with my nation, political parties, armed forces, judiciary and media houses. I thought we as nation are in a very early stage and we are just as a kid and will grow up stronger. We just need time.
Before that, OBL operation by Americans was very embarrassing for me as I was in UK at that time.

And to be very honest I was never down, I was always optimistic. But for some strange reason, I'm literally depressed since I have heard about this new drone attack news. Not because of Mullah been killed in it. He wasn't my "Mamy da putt" but because of what western powers are doing with us ? What the hell is going on? Who's running our country ? I mean it's totally unbelievable. Are we even a country ? A nation ?
I'm fed up of all this crap. We should have some dignity or its better to die as nation. No point of living this shameful life.
I might sound very emotional but yes I'm saying it right. Are we Nuclear power ???? I'm ashamed for being a Pakistani who got nucks but no balls. I'm ashamed for being bullied by everyone just because we are beggars ???
yahan jazbaat - dignity - sovereignty - freedom - honor nhi AID chalti hai hazoor civilian aid ya military aid bolo konsi chayee :lol:

It's everywhere. Sadly. Scots, English take crap at Irish in UK. Sikhs, West Bengalis, Tamils, Telagu,Bihari, assorted plus in India and these are vertical dividers. I won't go into the horizontal caste "prejudice" which gnaws it's way through Indian society. You should know that. By comparison Pakistan is a homogenous nation.

So let's not make especial case for Pakistan. Crap goes both ways between Pashtun, Punjabi, Sindhi or Baloch etc. Back to topic please or open another thread. Thanks.
No, I did not want to divert the thread towards racism, I am merely asserting that civilian death is considered okey in the border as they are not from the majority group, i.e. punjabis(who have to hold on power). Sure there is racism everywhere, who is denying it. This is one of the reason other than US-pak assymetrical relationship of course.
I can bet the reaction would have been different if the bombs fell in punjab.
Did not want to bring India, but I can give examples of recent attacks by maoists(mostly poor tribals who do not have a political voice) did not force us to use indiscriminate use of offensive air assets against them. Same goes for kashmiri militants(again no political voice representing them). Even with caste/color/language prejudice that existing in our society, somehow the state of India (as opposed to Indian citizen) has been showing quite a bit of restraint, at least till now.
Contrast that to pakistan using fighter aircraft and allowing america to use drones(which are indiscriminate by its very nature, no matter how intelligent the bombs are).

Last edited:
What are you doing in USA at the first place if you have such a potty mouth for USA ? Namak Haram.

I knew some brainless people will target me for this. Your language tells me about your brought up. And dude you don't analysis things with seeing the country you're living in. That's hypocrisy.

Ps: don't quote me again.

Its so good to see that Pakistanis are finally having urge to put an end on this pathetic behavior of ours.

May Allah bless you. We are the protectors of Pakistan. You, Me and Us. We can't stand this humiliation anymore. I am very optimistic about Pakistan. Pakistan will find a way, we will not give up. We love our country more than anything. Lets shout and tell those Yanks:-

WE ARE NOT IMPRESSED BY YOUR DRONE STRIKE NOR WE FEARED FROM IT. WE WILL MOVE ON OUR LAND WITHOUT ANY FEAR AND PROTECT IT IN EVERY WAY WE CAN.

WE ARE TOO BIG TO BE TREATED AS ENEMY AND FAR MORE DANGEROUS IF WE BECOME YOUR ADVERSARY.

its perfectly right reaction. Here is a column on today's Evening standard asking same question.

Sam Leith: Who’s to blame when we use drones to kill?
So farewell then, Mullah Akhtar Mansour, the Taliban leader killed in Pakistan on Saturday by a US drone strike. I’m happy to concede that, on the whole, having the leader of the Taliban blown into chunks the size of dry-roasted peanuts may be seen as a boon to the world. But it doesn’t make you an apologist for terrorism to express deep unease about how he came to be that way.

First we had the so-called Bush Doctrine — pithily expressed in the words of 2000AD’s Judge Dredd: “Next time we get our retaliation in first.” We hand-wringing liberal pantywaists expressed reservations at the time about the good sense and legality of this idea. But that was, at least, state to state: it looked a bit like a declaration of war in the old sense. The idea of using drones to kill our individual enemies in the sovereign territory of other nations: that’s something different, and it seems to have gone through on the nod.

That’s an attack by a state on foreign citizens — and pretty much the first job of a government is to protect its citizens against outside powers. Or, to reframe that: if anyone is blowing Pakistani citizens to smithereens, it’s supposed to be the Pakistani government. The old idea is that the contract between citizens and the state gives the latter a monopoly on violence.

To say that the Pakistani government gives the Americans either express or tacit permission to drop bombs on its people, however unsavoury they are, doesn’t quite get us off the hook. (And in this case the Pakistanis are saying pretty firmly that they didn’t.) There’s no obvious legal or political basis for that permission to be given. The monopoly on violence is non-transferable. Pakistani citizens don’t have any sort of relationship with the American state, and the latter isn’t answerable to them.

It’s hard to conceive of a firm legal framework under which it would be. If you’re a Yemeni whose wedding party was blown up in an unfortunate misunderstanding, who do you complain to? Was the murder committed in Yemen, where the bomb landed, in the airspace from which it launched, or in the air-conditioned room in Virginia where the button was pressed? This may make a fine mental workout for theorists of international jurisprudence but it’s not much comfort to the bride and groom.

Read more

Blow to Taliban as leader is killed in US airstrike

To simplify: if the French decided that they didn’t like the look of a man in Luton and dropped a bomb on him, we’d be entitled to be hacked off. And we’d be entitled to be doubly hacked off if our Prime Minister said he’d given them the go-ahead. So for the authorities in Pakistan or Yemen or anywhere else to acquiesce in drone strikes is to delegitimise themselves. It is to appear at best weak and at worst treacherous in the eyes of their own people — with what consequences we have yet to see.

And for those with the drones, it’s a dangerous principle to cede. Once you publicly give yourself permission to kill individuals on the sovereign soil of other states, you’ve sold the pass for good.

The next time Russian boots appear on the ground in Ukraine, for instance, it’ll be a fat lot of good wagging our fingers.

http://www.standard.co.uk/comment/c...lame-when-we-use-drones-to-kill-a3254461.html

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom