What's new

Why is English given so much importance in the subcontinent ??

Oh nice. :D

I'm from Hong Kong so I'm not the best at handling spicy food. Only Sichuan people are immune to chili really.

But if you want to try a spicy Sichuan dish, try "La zi ji" (chicken with chili):

DSC_2460.JPG

You're an Indian, so you should be able to handle the chili well, but it almost burned my tongue off when I tried to eat the large chili peppers. :P

omg!! tat thing looks dangerous........how can somebody eat that without ice cubes :eek:

Delhi wale hai ji
Angreezi toh athi hi hai uska kya hai :yahoo:

Maine ab tak sabse shuddh aur meetha Hindi Meerut mae suna hoon. Dilliwale bhi bahot peeche nahi hain, lekin kaafi had tak Urdu ke lafs ka istemaal thoda zyada karte hain. To Mian, aise soorat-e-haal mein, mera bayaan sahi tha ki nahin?:cheers:

Well the past British presence is definitely responsible for it but today i feel lucky to know English and it,s importance in Pakistan.It gives us the ability to communicate internationally .During my studies abroad i saw many students from different countries and they were not able to communicate and get social with most people because they did not know English.Today English language has a international status and it is a very plus point if you know English.

Maine ab tak sabse shuddh aur meetha Hindi Meerut mae suna hoon. Dilliwale bhi bahot peeche nahi hain, lekin kaafi had tak Urdu ke lafs ka istemaal thoda zyada karte hain. To Mian, aise soorat-e-haal mein, mera bayaan sahi tha ki nahin?:cheers:

Yeh toh baat sahi kahi appne
Delhi wale Hindi-Urdu-English-Punjabi mix kardate hai
All fault of Girls wannbe kahi ki :haha:

The Imperial Inn... Located in Philadelphia's Chinatown section. One of my favorite Chinese restaurants. :-)

pMeqogmJtqKue1-640m.jpg

Oooh it looks nice. :D

Most overseas Chinese people are Cantonese (because Guangdong is the furthest south and easiest to emigrate from), so I bet the food there is Cantonese as well. Easy for me to eat then. :P

Look at germany,china ,japan, spain, france, saudi,russia,sweden,norway and many other countries.....all are economically developed.....still everything done in their country is in their own language and people take pride in speaking their own language....some of these countries even despise english...then why only over here if somebody dosn know english then he is a loser???

1. A common nutral language with a pan India acceptability in a country of multiple regional languages.

2. English is the only global language, learning it adds real value.

Yeh toh baat sahi kahi appne
Delhi wale Hindi-Urdu-English-Punjabi mix kardate hai
All fault of Girls wannbe kahi ki :haha:

Haha...But I noticed that you blamed North Indians for having superiority complex associated with English. Just wanted to let you know South India is no better either, especially Bangalore! (aur isme Ladke kuch kam nahi hain...Inglis ki shaanpatti aur chamchagiri ko bakhoobi nibhate aayi hai humari Yuva)

Two words

"Slave mindset" !!!

I give you a prime example of a 'Mindset' here. This is the back cover of Pakistan International School Jeddah's standard notebook for students. We have successfully translated our 'Qaumi Tarana' in English and has successfully inducted it too. To me national anthem is a symbol of identity and look at this trash. I wander how this goes unnoticed even.

Attachments

• IMAG0098.jpg
    IMAG0098.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMAG0098.jpg
    IMAG0098.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 15
Haha...But I noticed that you blamed North Indians for having superiority complex associated with English. Just wanted to let you know South India is no better either, especially Bangalore! (aur isme Ladke kuch kam nahi hain...Inglis ki shaanpatti aur chamchagiri ko bakhoobi nibhate aayi hai humari Yuva)

Waise toh mein bhi Yuva hu 18
aur Angreezi kitni mehtrapoon hai janta hu
magar Hindi/Tamil/Telgu/Bengali etc ki achi Jankari har ek koh rakni chaiye
Aur Hindi/Tamil/Telgu bolte wakt bhi sar utha ke Bolni chaiye

I give you a prime example of a 'Mindset' here. This is the back cover of Pakistan International School Jeddah's standard notebook for students. We have successfully translated our 'Qaumi Tarana' in English and has successfully inducted it too. To me national anthem is a symbol of identity and look at this trash. I wander how this goes unnoticed even.
by name thts an international school,,hence foreign students.........urdu mein hota toh sabko samjh me ataa??

Back
Top Bottom