What's new

Where is kolkata class destroyers??

What vessel is it on the far left side of the pic? Looks like a ship with a ski ramp.
Kahi ye "voh" to nahin?

Nice catch bro. I can clearly see two ACCs in the pic. one on the extreme right is Virat for sure. Not sure about the one in the extreme left. May be IAC 1....

She was laid down at MDL in 2003, launched in 2006, due to be commissioned by 2010 but during sea trials some major defects were found both in the initial design and construction, which are being rectified. She is due to be commissioned by the end of March 2014.

What vessel is it on the far left side of the pic? Looks like a ship with a ski ramp.
Kahi ye "voh" to nahin?

"voh" matlab?

Nice catch bro. I can clearly see two ACCs in the pic. one on the extreme right is Virat for sure. Not sure about the one in the extreme left. May be IAC 1....

Not IAC-1 ....... The ship on the extreme left is INS Vikrant-1 . Our first AC , decommissioned in 97 and now preserved as a maritime museum in Mumbai.

She was laid down at MDL in 2003, launched in 2006, due to be commissioned by 2010 but during sea trials some major defects were found both in the initial design and construction, which are being rectified. She is due to be commissioned by the end of March 2014.

The only news about the sea trial is that some technical problems were found .

Where did you get that the defects are in the initial design and construction ???

Thanks @kurup - but still, the old lady Vikrant did not have a ski jump. The picture shows an AC type vessel with a ski ramp on it. Any comments on that?
@Ashoka The Great @Bullet500

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks @kurup - but still, the old lady Vikrant did not have a ski jump. The picture shows an AC type vessel with a ski ramp on it. Any comments on that?

Yeah, u r right. Vikrant had an angled deck and not the ski jump. Also, this ship is at Cuffe Parade and that's why i am wondering how come other ships are there where as they should be at MDL dockyard.

This is how she looks now a days
Vikrant_Museum_Ship.jpg

Here is the picture of Vikrant . It did have a ski-jump ramp added to it as a later modification in the 80s to enable for the efficient use of sea harriers .

6818123755_3a965cec87_z.jpg

Also here is the island structure of vikrant . Compare it to the one in the picture with kolkata's (All those antenna???? like structures above island) . Fits perfectly .

INS_Vikrant.jpg

Bhai thats not iac1 for sure. But doesn't look like vikrant either to me.

IAC-1 as it is still in kochi . It is surely vikrant .

For those who still have the doubt , enlarged from the picture

untitled.png

Back
Top Bottom