What's new

What's the basic reason Kashmiris hate us (Indians)?

Kashmir is disputed territory.

Kashmiris don't want Indian rule.

Its that simple.

perhaps you (or other people reading this), can (and want!) to clarify...

Pakistan[2], currently, according to what *i* read in recent years in the newspapers and on news-websites, allows "their Kashmiris" more self-determination rights (autonomy rights &/ privileges )[4], by allowing the Kashmiris that team up with 'team Pakistan'[1][2] to become just a neighbor state to Pakistan,
than

Indians administrating a piece of land that shares borders with at least both Pakistan and India.

Here in Europe we had a series of peaceful nations splitting up and continuing as seperate governments of different pieces of land and/or jurisdiction.

....( [3] :-):toast_sign::D )....

[1] (Kashmiris sharing the same religion as the Indian majority religion living in the country called India).

[2] {following the model/pattern of de-centralized political/military/etc power-hierarchy}

[3] {wow, the first web puzzle i not only discovered myself, but have some talent for as well... i like this coloring ability of the posts editor that this defence.pk website offers)..
let me know if i or anyone else ever posts one of these (anywhere) in a manner that spreads fear/hatred/anger/old-grudges/bad-vibes/etc/etc into a population.. i always do my best to correct my own mistakes.. this one post of mine took about 30 minutes to write and do the color-debugging/info-normalizing as well
}.

[4] (like that which a Province of a Country (a geographical area with ofcourse it's own history and dialect) gets in many places on Earth (this decade, of course))[2]

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe the world largest democratic country should try to resolve this hatred via democracy. Apparently, the original accession of J&K to India wasn't a democratic process, but by the will of a ruler.

And this was true for ALL the 565 big and small Kingdoms that merged with India.

What was so special about Kashmir that special privileges must be provided ?

By that same logic, Alaska was purchased by the US and not by a democratic process should be set free. Same with Hawaii and other parts of the US which was not under White occupation.

I saw that video of Kashmiris stone-pelting at Indian army trucks. It set me wondering.

Don't tell that it is about race or ethnicity. It can be proven that the hatred is not due to race or ethnicity. Race or ethnicity may be the exacerbating factor but not the originating factor of the hatred. If race or ethnicity had been the reason, Kashmiri Pandits wouldn't have been loyal to India. And don't tell that India is occupying other's land. If that's the case how do you explain Kashmiri Hindus wanting to be with India?

Again misinterpretation. So again I am editing the question. The question should be why do Muslim Kashmiris dont want to be in Indian union?

Why Kashmiris are opposed to J&K's accession to India? What's the reason?

Majority of Kashimiri's want independence, Basically because they never wanted to be a part of the Indian union in the first place, Except their ruler at that time who was from a minority community

Majority of Kashimiri's want independence, Basically because they never wanted to be a part of the Indian union in the first place, Except their ruler at that time who was from a minority community

On the contrary the very fact that majority of Kashmiri's vote under the Indian constitution for leader who swear by the Indian constitutions and elect their own state govt. show that they believe in One India and the Indian constitution. No greater proof of the wishes of the majority is required.

Difficult to answer in a violent atmosphere. Many ppl will join a mob thinking If you cant defeat them , join them.
I am in a popular Indian resort city and a lot of shops in prime locations are under kashmiri muslims. Every morning i see them joking/chatting around with the locals. And i wonder are these the same guys who will return to kashmir valley and pelt stones and throw grenades ?

Let me chip in too :
1. JnK is overwhelmingly Muslim : yes its a factor (..but definitely not the only one). when you see your co religionists enjoying (well sort of) their "own" country, you have a tendency to join that. more so, if your "current" country is not "kind enough". but then I wonder why did the "muslim kashmiris" frugged the pole vaulters from the western side during 65 (operation Gibraltar)...may be they were still indecisive.
2. Presence of Army and AFSPA: any region which has a prolonged exposure to an army will lose its "normal" existence. it will begin with small frictions (directed from any side to the other, but mostly an errant soldier with an empty rum bottle does the trick), it drags on, and then assumes gigantic proportions when "talk/peace/solution/negotiations" are just words and cease to have any practical meaning.
situation is already bad and then you introduce AFSPA to safeguard the soldiers from wrong accusations. fair enough". how about an equivalent "AFSPA" to save the local populace from the drunk soldiers (armed with AFSPA) out to have some fun with a village belle ? none exists...how unfair ?
3. Development : although its on par with what the rest of india (do not count metropolises in it). jobs are still scarce, supply of food and other essential items gets hampered in frequent curfews. think about it when did you endure a situation when you cant feed ur child some milk beacause a frugging curfew is on.
the youngsters get out in serach of jobs. get some low paying easy jobs in call centers but they are looked with suspicion (cant blame the people though, after being fed with endless news of Kashmiri insurgency in the media, I would also be paranoid).
4. Alienation: it seems JnK is a country within a country. you have to think twice if you even dare to think of visiting that heaven for ur honeymoon (or just a family visit). its normal to interact with a malayalee, a telegu, a gujju or a Bengali.....heck even a northeasterner....but then kashmiris are so rare in the rest of india. only a handful are found here and there working in low paying jobs and living in huddled together.
these people see the "freedom" the rest of the india enjoys. they compare they don't have the same in Kashmir.
they realize the ppl of india are oblivious of their problems. this resentment will grow.

Lack of jobs is a poor reason. J&k is one of the better off states of India. Maybe their is a emotional disconnect due to religion ?
Movie Lion is a eg of a adopted Indian guy in Australia. But inspite of having the best std of living , he has to connect to his birth mom in India. Blood is thkr and all that.

this one post of mine took about 30 minutes to write and do the color-debugging/info-normalizing as well
This post took you 30 minutes to compose. I read it 3 times but I cant make head or tail out of it.

Maybe you can try to
(1) reduce the no of colours and highlight the important points by putting them in bold
(2) do coherent numbering. It is all over the place. It starts with 2 then 4 then 1,2 then 3 then 1,2,3,4
(3) Write in simple clear english and not as a puzzle. You are writing in a forum. If others are not able to understand your views they will not comment

Majority of Kashimiri's want independence,
proof please, religious minority does not make majority. Its the ppls religion that has changed not the land. Pakistan was created for muslims they are welcome to move there if they are interested. Country as a whole is under no obligation to pander to any section of the ppl in whichever part of the country, its the majority which decides. Ownership belongs to entire country. The same thing could be said of tamils in lanka. did LTTE represent them? Just bcos they are in majority in northern part are they entitled to do what ever they want ? Can they stop the original natives from visiting their ancient lands?

You can throw tantrums during family dinner about food , throw the dishes around and starve yourself to death. You will get to eat what others get.

Regarding your fact less irrational observation,
Area Population % Muslim % Hindu % Buddhist % Other
Kashmir Valley ~6.89 million 96.4% 2.5%* – 1.1%
Jammu ~5.38 million 33.5% 62.6% 0.1% 3.8%
Ladakh ~0.27 million 46.4% 12.1% 39.7% 1.8%

ppl in 15K km2 can build a wall around themselves we are ok with it. But they cannot deny the rights of other ppl.

Areawise,
Area km2 Percentage Area
Kashmir 15,948 15.73%
Jammu 26,293 25.93%
Ladakh 59,146 58.33%
Kashmir_border.JPG

I saw that video of Kashmiris stone-pelting at Indian army trucks. It set me wondering.

Don't tell that it is about race or ethnicity. It can be proven that the hatred is not due to race or ethnicity. Race or ethnicity may be the exacerbating factor but not the originating factor of the hatred. If race or ethnicity had been the reason, Kashmiri Pandits wouldn't have been loyal to India. And don't tell that India is occupying other's land. If that's the case how do you explain Kashmiri Hindus wanting to be with India?

Again misinterpretation. So again I am editing the question. The question should be why do Muslim Kashmiris dont want to be in Indian union?

When Muslims becomes majority, they need to hate all other face and ensure their cleansing. In Bangladesh, Hindu population has decreased to 7% from 31% in 1971. In pakistan figure has comedown to 1% from 21%. From Kashmir, Hindus were completly cleansed.

So do not ask this sort of question whose answer is known to every one.

Difficult to answer in a violent atmosphere. Many ppl will join a mob thinking If you cant defeat them , join them.
I am in a popular Indian resort city and a lot of shops in prime locations are under kashmiri muslims. Every morning i see them joking/chatting around with the locals. And i wonder are these the same guys who will return to kashmir valley and pelt stones and throw grenades ?

In my city also, they come to sell dry fruites and behaves very humbally. They comes for years in every season and many of them know me by face. But as you said they becomes different guys in Kashmir.

They hate Pandits too .
For most hatred stems from Religion . Nothing to do with love of land .
Pandits and Dogras are Hindus but we have different cultures . Our exodus opened our mindset . We met new people visited new places which broadened our horizons .

Compare that to Kashmiri Muslims and you will find the answer .
This will go for centuries the stories they have it won't die ever what Indian have done to Kashmiries. Even if they seprate them india will never be on their good site even if they build beautiful buildings best schools hospitals give million rupees to every Kashmiries we still see the grudge between french and Germans engish and french polish and Russians chines and Japanese Vietnam and USA it's won't work.. India sud work for the people who wants to live peacefully it won't happen if RSS terrorist wants to convert everyone.
The real terrorist was https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikandar_Butshikan

There is a huge influx of wahaabi ideology in the valley. Many of them have become extremist Islamists...Thanks to the unhindered supply of mullahs trained by the saudis.

There is a huge influx of wahaabi ideology in the valley. Many of them have become extremist Islamists...Thanks to the unhindered supply of mullahs trained by the saudis.

Back
Top Bottom