What's new

Whatever

@masterchief_mirza @PAKISTANFOREVER @Pan-Islamic-Pakistan @Verve @Mangus Ortus Novem @Dalit and the rest...

You guys going to the mosque tomorrow to read eid? Still not certain whether this social distancing and attending prayers is safe. Its not easy to social distance in mosques - even if you sit 2 metres apart. If you need to wash or go to the line to prayer you cannot but rub shoulders. Difficult one.

I am also not going. It is simply not safe. Due to virus, even jummah is not fard anymore.

We need to be careful. Currently we are experiencing a second wave of covid. States in the US have begun shutting down again.
The problem is the government is trying desperately to delay or push this back to September October so as to allow a vaccine to develop.
Our regular mosque is overcrowded and it would be difficult to observe social distancing - some people may even be offended if they didn’t get the customary hug and shake of hand - I think the best choice is a stay at home.

The problem is the government is trying desperately to delay or push this back to September October so as to allow a vaccine to develop.
Our regular mosque is overcrowded and it would be difficult to observe social distancing - some people may even be offended if they didn’t get the customary hug and shake of hand - I think the best choice is a stay at home.

Unfortunately our government doesn't even seem to care. Maybe they think it will be less they have to pay for social security for the elderly.

When governments fail, it is time for citizens to take it into their own hands. Better to stay safe and let it blow over.

@masterchief_mirza @PAKISTANFOREVER @Pan-Islamic-Pakistan @Verve @Mangus Ortus Novem @Dalit and the rest...

You guys going to the mosque tomorrow to read eid? Still not certain whether this social distancing and attending prayers is safe. Its not easy to social distance in mosques - even if you sit 2 metres apart. If you need to wash or go to the line to prayer you cannot but rub shoulders. Difficult one.
I'm avoiding it this year. Just too much risk at present in certain locations in UK. I would check the local data and make a decision based on that.

I will go. Our mosque booked a large hall so that people can be accommodated with social distancing. Anyone with corona symptoms won't be allowed to enter the hall.

14034713_1076409102446402_3885146693539902691_n.jpg

@vi-va my friend, below graph is encouraging... though I don't have sector breakdown so difficult to draw conclusions... but I sense China is in GrowthMode ... even a 3% growth would be massive consider the Global slump...

Please, do share other data if you have it... I hope Pakistan can utilise the Chinese GDP growth and come out of slump due to pandemic...

China%20PMIS%207.31.jpg

@vi-va my friend, below graph is encouraging... though I don't have sector breakdown so difficult to draw conclusions... but I sense China is in GrowthMode ... even a 3% growth would be massive consider the Global slump...

Please, do share other data if you have it... I hope Pakistan can utilise the Chinese GDP growth and come out of slump due to pandemic...

China%20PMIS%207.31.jpg
My two cents, please correct me if I am wrong.
Pakistan wasted too much time on irrelevant things, national interest is the way to go. Other countries use religion to harm Pakistan national interest.
Even Bangladesh leverage both US market and China market better. While Pakistan should do the same.

With so many man power, labor intensive industry is the way forward. China did the same in past 30 years. Now a large portion of labor intensive jobs flowing out from China every year, most of them flow into Vietnam which is China's rival and rest goes into ASEAN, Bangladesh.

Why is that? Self-discipline, organizational, overtime for little compensation, no labor union, commercial friendly policy, and corruption.

Yes, corruption is good for economy, it provide motivation if the leader knew how to guide the direction of the corruption. Without corruption, the bureaucrats won't do anything in most developing countries.

Pakistan should mend ties with Iran, and fence Afghanistan border. Invest hugely on infrastructure, such as power grid, power stations, water, irrigation, telecommunication, etc. It will create jobs and improve connectivity, efficiency.

There are tens of millions of young Pakistan males, those are resource. If Pakistan missed the bus of out flow of China industry in next 10 years, probably miss forever.

My two cents, please correct me if I am wrong.
Pakistan wasted too much time on irrelevant things, national interest is the way to go. Other countries use religion to harm Pakistan national interest.
Even Bangladesh leverage both US market and China market better. While Pakistan should do the same.

With so many man power, labor intensive industry is the way forward. China did the same in past 30 years. Now a large portion of labor intensive jobs flowing out from China every year, most of them flow into Vietnam which is China's rival and rest goes into ASEAN, Bangladesh.

Why is that? Self-discipline, organizational, overtime for little compensation, no labor union, commercial friendly policy, and corruption.

Yes, corruption is good for economy, it provide motivation if the leader knew how to guide the direction of the corruption. Without corruption, the bureaucrats won't do anything in most developing countries.

Pakistan should mend ties with Iran, and fence Afghanistan border. Invest hugely on infrastructure, such as power grid, power stations, water, irrigation, telecommunication, etc. It will create jobs and improve connectivity, efficiency.

There are tens of millions of young Pakistan males, those are resource. If Pakistan missed the bus of out flow of China industry in next 10 years, probably miss forever.

Yes, SunsetIndustries have been moving out...hence, the TradeBoom between ASEAN and China.

For Pakistan .... it needs to become both... what Canada and Mexico is to US... However, Pakistan alos needs to pan out in GCC/ME markets... ASEAN, EastAsia, Europe and the Americas as well... but it all depends if there is a PakNational Industrilisation/Economic Roadmap...

Otherwise, it is all daydreaming and slogans...

Yes, SunsetIndustries have been moving out...hence, the TradeBoom between ASEAN and China.

For Pakistan .... it needs to become both... what Canada and Mexico is to US... However, Pakistan alos needs to pan out in GCC/ME markets... ASEAN, EastAsia, Europe and the Americas as well... but it all depends if there is a PakNational Industrilisation/Economic Roadmap...

Otherwise, it is all daydreaming and slogans...
What Pakistan needs is social reform. What's prerequisite of Social Reform? A strong leadership.

Can Parliament System generates a strong leadership? Not likely. Even the west lack strong leadership in their government, the current system is decaying.

Military government is better on strong leadership, but I knew most Pakistanis pro Parliament System so much, it's something sacred.

So, what's the solution? Fabianism? Fabianism has it's limit, and I think iwe are seeing Fabianism's limit in South Asia.

India is doing different approach. Their Parliament System is greatly diminished by RSS and BJP. Legal System diminished, military system under BJP controlled. Good or not? Good for India, bad for Pakistan.

I don't see real reform happening, China's investment or loan has it's own limit. What's most important is active Pakistan real potential, which need Social Reform.

Ok, so what's the story in China, who did the social reform? The western media portrayed Evil-Chairman Mao.

When you do Social Reform, the more radical, the more controversial. Unavoidable.

Deng actually reversed some Mao's Social Reform achievement. Deng's historical position is much lower in my opinion. His success base on the diplomacy of Chairman Mao.

Who will be Pakistan reformer?

Back
Top Bottom