What's new

Whatever

@undercover JIX

So as not to derail the other thread.

What do you guys mean by using Yazdan Panaah Baad as a greeting?

Is it common usage in Pakistan.

I have never heard any Muslim using it, so I'm wondering if its specific to a sect (which I asked you) or region or ethnicity.

Thanks for helping. Its genuine curiosity.

@undercover JIX

So as not to derail the other thread.

What do you guys mean by using Yazdan Panaah Baad as a greeting?

Is it common usage in Pakistan.

I have never heard any Muslim using it, so I'm wondering if its specific to a sect (which I asked you) or region or ethnicity.

Thanks for helping. Its genuine curiosity.

in Pakistan we do not use this at all.
I do not know if Zoroastrians use it within closed gatherings, in Pakistan.

just mentioned it because mera payara bhai @Joe Shearer is Zoroastrian...i think...

95479087_2617354478545721_7795842907595866112_n.jpg

I think I “caught” diabetes.. at 30... fked up.

Blood sugar was 224 last night... morning it was at 185.

@padamchen

Have you been officially diagnosed or are you thinking based on these self-tests? Have you used anything that may have temproraily raised your sugars? such as corticosteriods e.g prednisolone. There are various ways to test for diabetes, e.g HbA1C etc. Are you showing any symptoms? Such as, Thirst, frequent urination (at night too) etc. From experience in clinic, I've seen considerable number of people diagnosed with type-2 get back to normal with life style changes. Get your BMI within normal range, each healthy. Assuming your weight is over what it should be, aim for a 5-10% reduction in weight to start with.

Whatever desi totkas, people suggest dont let go of medicines. Start walking / running, IA you will see the difference.
My sibling is a dentist (yeah not a doctor).... suggests it is prediabetes... both my parents have it.

Have you been officially diagnosed or are you thinking based on these self-tests? Have you used anything that may have temproraily raised your sugars? such as corticosteriods e.g prednisolone. There are various ways to test for diabetes, e.g HbA1C etc. Are you showing any symptoms? Such as, Thirst, frequent urination (at night too) etc. From experience in clinic, I've seen considerable number of people diagnosed with type-2 get back to normal with life style changes. Get your BMI within normal range, each healthy. Assuming your weight is over what it should be, aim for a 5-10% reduction in weight to start with.
Glucometer test...
No meds, just had a huge 1.5 liter soda the night before.. tested again during fasting... 184..

Yes Im 6ft tall and weight around 100kg. So yeah overweight.

Urination, not too much, sometimes once at night.. i dont really drink too much water.. but ive been feeling thirst for a month.. didnt think much because I usually dont drink enough water.. at max 2-3 glasses a day..

Glucometer test...
No meds, just had a huge 1.5 liter soda the night before.. tested again during fasting... 184..

Yes Im 6ft tall and weight around 100kg. So yeah overweight.

Many things can temporarily raise your glucose levels. Here in the UK, we normally test on two separate occasions to confirm a diagnosis of diabetes. From what I seeing with you, I think it's just a case of being really vigilant now and taking action, especially given both your parents have diabetes. Definitely cut down on sugared cola. Go with zero-sugar if you need to drink these things. The main focus for now should to fix your diet and get your weight under control. Start off by aiming to lose 5-10kg in the near future, then aim to get to a weight around 80kg.

MS_0118_healthy-weight-chart.width-1534.jpg

Source for the chart:
https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-weight/height-weight-chart/

Urination, not too much, sometimes once at night.. i dont really drink too much water.. but ive been feeling thirst for a month.. didnt think much because I usually dont drink enough water.. at max 2-3 glasses a day..

Okay, just make sure everything is being properly monitored. Go see your primary physician and make sure you have at least annual checkups.

Many things can temporarily raise your glucose levels. Here in the UK, we normally test on two separate occasions to confirm a diagnosis of diabetes. From what I seeing with you, I think it's just a case of being really vigilant now and taking action, especially given both your parents have diabetes. Definitely cut down on sugared cola. Go with zero-sugar if you need to drink these things. The main focus for now should to fix your diet and get your weight under control. Start off by aiming to lose 5-10kg in the near future, then aim to get to a weight around 80kg.

MS_0118_healthy-weight-chart.width-1534.jpg

Source for the chart:
https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-weight/height-weight-chart/

Okay, just make sure everything is being properly monitored. Go see your primary physician and make sure you have at least annual checkups.
I hope it isn’t diabetes.. just a fluke.
But thank you for your help.

My sibling is a dentist (yeah not a doctor).... suggests it is prediabetes... both my parents have it.
I have seen pre-diabetes reverse, but it all depends on the kms you walk and how you build your muscles.

@Adam_Khan is a doc and there was one more ....

I hope it isn’t diabetes.. just a fluke.
But thank you for your help.
1.5lt soda? You trying to fry your pancreas, and kidneys in one go?

Back
Top Bottom