What's new

Whatever

Sup big bro, get myself a girl as in get married? I am now agnostic, not necessarily atheist. Marriage is a problem for me, because here in America you aren't going to get a decent girl without a degree. Their parents won't accept it, and I still have a long way to get my degree. I also honestly don't see myself being able to do that that arranged marriage thing, if something doesn't work out and we split I wouldn't want to remarry someone else. Being in college it's just much easier to go to gf route. That way you have no responsibilities and can split and move on anytime. As far as why I no longer believe, part of it I explained in syria war thread. The other part is simply not compatible with life here and I can't see how something like that is true anymore, my instinct keeps telling me not to believe it.
Marriage? NO! Get a girl as in gf.

If someone would've told me a year ago that you'd go agnostic, I would never have believed them. I myself became weary of religion. The extreme behavior of our people played a big part in that. I no longer believe in hadith that do not pass my morality test. Two things keep me from losing all my faith. One being the refusal of my mind to except that there is no creator and the second one is the peace i get from praying, specially reciting Quran.

Sometimes i wonder if the confused state of my faith makes me eligible for being a Muslim. The worst part of it is that you cannot talk about it with someone without fearing judgement or things that are even worse.

Marriage? NO! Get a girl as in gf.

If someone would've told me a year ago that you'd go agnostic, I would never have believed them. I myself became weary of religion. The extreme behavior of our people played a big part in that. I no longer believe in hadith that do not pass my morality test. Two things keep me from losing all my faith. One being the refusal of my mind to except that there is no creator and the second one is the peace i get from praying, specially reciting Quran.

Sometimes i wonder if the confused state of my faith makes me eligible for being a Muslim. The worst part of it is that you cannot talk about it with someone without fearing judgement or things that are even worse.

I'm the same exact way as you, I do believe in a creator but not in Islam. I'm not afraid to tell anybody, but my family. I think they would be shocked/upset because I was the only religious one in the family. They wouldn't understand my views if I tried explaining to them. Then comes Ramadan and so on, I don't want to fast in the future but again my Muslim friends/family will feel really weird if I don't. I will likely have gf before end of this year, simply can't go on this way and I'm very busy with studies have no time for religion. Also want to get my earings pierced but I will be probably be kicked out if I do that, lol.

My advice is stay agnostic for now, wait until more things clear up. Really the 'Muslim Ummah' bs, is a cradle of retardation as we see. And religion in general, I'm sure you already know....

@RAMPAGE if you want I am only an email away. If not read these:

There is no god but god - reza aslan
Amina Wadud's books
Religion and Psychology - Carl Jung
Beyond God the Father - mary daly
The idea of the holy - otto

I promise you, they will help. There are only 1%of people that actually understand Islam and the quran. Don't let fools who are merely using the name of the religion (99% of muslims) throw you off from the religion.

Last edited:

Amina Wadud's books

I promise you, they will help. There are only 1%of people that actually understand Islam and the quran. Don't let fools who are merely using the name of the religion (99% of muslims) throw you off from the religion.

Where is "The God Delusion" by Dawkins in that list? :D

Where is "The God Delusion" by Dawkins in that list? :D

You can add that. You can be just as religious without having to believe in god :P it's about the understanding and that requires one to read everything you agree with and everything you disagree with.

holy shit, 80 viewing the chitchat thread.. hazzy gone munafiq is big news.

@halupridol @S.U.R.B.
Specially for the non vegetarians.... :P

Chicken vocabulary
1. Who is the father of chicken?
Chicken ka bab.
2. Who is the mother of chicken?
Chicken Kima.
3. How do you tell a chicken to call you on your mobile?
Kalmi kabab.
4. What happens when a chicken takes bath?
Chicken showerma.
5. Chicken in trouble?
Chicken soup.
6. Chicken getting injection?
Chicken teeka.
7. Chicken doing flattery?
Butter chicken.
8. Chicken @ retirement?
Chicken 65.
9. Chicken on a winter night?
Chilly chicken.

Could not stop laughing at the sarcasm :lol:

:cheesy::lol: .... forwarding.
Thanks for the share.

atheism is a creed in itself. Forget spiritual you can't be religious at all without an understanding of the concept of religion and human psychology.

Interesting discussion, but I will not take the bait since religious discussions are against the rules of PDF, and certain people are watching me like a hawk on amphetamines to punish any slip ups on my part. :D

(I received a warning "gift" on the start of the sixth year of membership here.)

Last edited:

Amina Wadud's books

Seriously? You stalking me now?

Dont worry. We're even! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom