What's new

Whatever

The weekend could be good though; I am thinking of getting together with a few old friends ! :agree:

Ah yes, well that's what will remedy the stress, being around friends will uplift your spirit! Going to a resto or just go hang out at home? :)

I'm planning to go to Philadelphia on Saturday to meet up with my friend Ali and Gurneet; maybe go to a hookah bar and get persian or indian food? who knows. I'm open to south asian food, tired of eating home cooked food....!

was pondering over the reason why to understand the people one has to distance themselves from them... all the other fields one has to delve in, this one distance gives clarity :p

Oh man, bro, that sounds really deep. And yes, distance does give clarity,...!

weekend... hmm finish my 5 kg book on surgery principles so I do not stop forgetting them and meet some friends... rain means a drive somewhere otherwise not much...

A 5 kg book!? O my goodness, props to you to be able to read so much bro. And surgery too! Respect!

*bow*

u have no idea how tasty they are... i am some one who does not eat much... but what i eat is always good.. goat brain with black pepper and green peppers cooked in butter with hot naaans

Yummy!! Oh i bet that is good with garlic naan, too.

Oh man, bro, that sounds really deep. And yes, distance does give clarity,...!
my doctor gave me sedatives to get me less deep :P says i over think things to a level that i am an insomniac
A 5 kg book!? O my goodness, props to you to be able to read so much bro. And surgery too! Respect!

*bow*
oh I am not going to go into surgery as a speciality but I have done basic surgeries and love to read up on them... the principles can help me understand things that would benefit patients post op...
Eating goat-brain makes you go 'Baaa..baaaa' ! :tongue:
not eating it makes your brain weak :P
Mrs.Gufi is just around the corner....we know....! :agree:
or I am already married or I am engaged or I am not human... Or maybe I am a freer spirit then you are
Yummy!! Oh i bet that is good with garlic naan, too.
yes well you understand... respect

Bailey & Love's?
schwartz principles of surgery read bailey while i was in medical school thought to read this one with its dvd to visualise things better
@Nihonjin1051 there are 2 five kg books for surgery :p which i own.. .the rest there is a few others which deal with diagnosis for surgery etc which I will not go into

schwartz principles of surgery read bailey while i was in medical school thought to read this one with its dvd to visualise things better

Schwartz is a lightweight at about 1.1 kg, while the classic B&L's is about 4.5 kg. Your weight description threw me off. :D

@Nihonjin1051 there are 2 five kg books for surgery :p which i own.. .the rest there is a few others which deal with diagnosis for surgery etc which I will not go into

Oh you Physicians! Funny, that you mentioned the books, the other day I stopped by starbucks after work. I decided to do some work there and grab some chocolate mocha , the guy sitting next to me had a blue and red and white book called "FIRST AID, USMLE STEP 2 CK" i guess another doctor in the making eh? :) The guy had books upon books on the table he was sitting in.

Hardcore.

Schwartz is a lightweight at about 1.1 kg,
excuse me sir 1.1 :o that is so wrong wait
Schwartz's Principles of Surgery, Ninth Edition: 9780071547697: Medicine & Health ... Product Dimensions: 8.7 x 2.9 x 11.2 inches; Shipping Weight: 8.9 pounds ...
Amazon

Oh you Physicians! Funny, that you mentioned the books, the other day I stopped by starbucks after work. I decided to do some work there and grab some chocolate mocha , the guy sitting next to me had a blue and red and white book called "FIRST AID, USMLE STEP 2 CK" i guess another doctor in the making eh? :) The guy had books upon books on the table he was sitting in.
ahhh yes usmle step 2 first aid... the desperate last attempt at passing... good for passing, not recommended for getting above 220...
you know it is really late but i shall take a picture of some of my books one day and show you the fun doctors have studying :)

ahhh yes usmle step 2 first aid... the desperate last attempt at passing... good for passing, not recommended for getting above 220...
you know it is really late but i shall take a picture of some of my books one day and show you the fun doctors have studying :)

Yes, my friend, do so. I can take a picture of my desk for you one of the days. I warn you, there's always a cup of coffee.....lol...somewhere there.

:lol::P

@Syed.Ali.Haider @Gufi @Armstrong --- to be honest, sometimes, i go to Starbucks just for the People watching, lol. You learn so much about human relationships just by listening. And then they start observing you as well. lol.
well you get distant and observe also :P just not as distant as a forest, you go to the local watering hole....
and if they observe you also you are doing it wrong :secret:

Schwartz's Principles of Surgery, Ninth Edition: 9780071547697: Medicine & Health ... Product Dimensions: 8.7 x 2.9 x 11.2 inches; Shipping Weight: 8.9 pounds ...
Amazon

You are right, I mistakenly looked at the paperback version. Apologies. :D

Amazon

Does either beat Cecil's Medicine? I wonder. :D

@Syed.Ali.Haider --- you're in the medical field, sir? I do remember reading that you were a health educator somewhere in upstate NY? Or did i get it mixed up?

Back
Top Bottom