F-16s:100(59: Block-15s+ 50: Block-52s)
J-31: 100

AEW&Cs: 11-16

Although everyone would be laughing at me, but still:
JF-17:250-300
F-16s:100(59: Block-15s+ 50: Block-52s)
J-31: 100

AEW&Cs: 11-16

No.. this is the thread for these things. How will that happen though.. over how many years.
Think beyond just wishlists. That is how you learn better knowledge.

220-250 jf-17's : 50-75 b-3 with reduced rcs. B3 At least as potent as block 52.

90-130 f-16s : Acquire used f-16's as they become available. Upgrade these with MLU's and eventually Aesa radars in early 2020's. Infrastructure already there.

Slowly phase out all f-7's and mirages by 2016. Keep project rose aircraft until 2022-2025.

75-125 FC-20's : These are your high end machines.. : 58 Acquired by 2016. First two squadrons need to be as lethal as f16 B 60.

Obtain 40-50 :j-11's or j-15's (If available) strictly for naval use. Force multiplier for navy.. Guarantees you an oil supply via ship.
Also guarantees your enemy to think 3 times to even consider Karachi blockade.

Obtain 20-30 J-31's by 2020. (Don't give your opponent any advantage)

Induct 15-20 L-15 trainers. (Optional)

10-12 c130's or equivalent. (Optional)

6 Airial refuelers : All planes have IFR.

8 AWACS aircraft.

This with a strong air defence (hq-9, hq-18, spada, and man pads) guarantees your people security.

This is all possible if our leaders lose their stubborn acts, and our economy grows. If this current government doesn't deliver we're screwed and nuclear threshold is our only defense.

Now enough about me @Oscar @Dazzler I'm sure we all would love your opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good thoughts, but it is going to be all over again what we already know.

I believe back in 2005 PAF wanted to buy 72 new BLK52s, but was then reduced to 36. 36 BLK52 F-16s is the figure that congress approved, with option for another 36. PAF bought only 18 out of the 36 approved.
I would say, if the approval is already in place, PAF should exercise the option and get the remaining 18 F-16s BLK52s.

Also, PAF needs to be a net centric organiztion, one such where each aircraft in the air know where the other aircraft is. A centrally coordinated air-defence with High, Medium and low altitude SAMs.

F-7s should be retired soon, as they have short legs and less hardpoints.

You have the most important muscle power of all(nukes).
All the rest is just for show,who is ever going to attack a nuclear power.

I wouldnt worry about the military force,economy and stability is more important.
With all the minerals you have,you could be a G20 country within no time.

There were a war in 1999, though it is limited under the nuclear umbrella.

Also, PAF needs to be a net centric organiztion, one such where each aircraft in the air know where the other aircraft is. A centrally coordinated air-defence with High, Medium and low altitude SAMs.

F-7s should be retired soon, as they have short legs and less hardpoints.

The bold part has already been achieved to a very high degree..and very high redundancy.

And the F-7's are basically manned SAMs.

The bold part has already been achieved to a very high degree..and very high redundancy.

And the F-7's are basically manned SAMs.

The PG's are still deadly fighters, PAF boys love it. In AD role, it has exceeded PAF's expectations and this plane is going nowhere.

The PG's are still deadly fighters, PAF boys love it. In AD role, it has exceeded PAF's expectations and this plane is going nowhere.

Well, lets see how further ideas are thrown into the mix.
I would still prefer getting a F-7MF or the X concept shown previously as an interceptor.

This thread is dedicated to posting scenario's for the PAF if the economy from 2005 was continued and there was still marginal growth in the country. You aren't ****** rich, but things can be afforded. Please come up with your ideas here.

Attempts at trolling will lead to a thread ban..

..or worse.

As a start. Had the 2005 Earthquake not hit.. or even if it did..
The PAF should have stuck to 36 F-16Block 52s along with some 70 odd F-16 MLU's. In addition, they could have purchased the Qatari Mirages for Strike and DACT. Instead of the ZDK, more SAAB's should have been procured along with LIFT like JL-9.
The PAF should go to 200 JF-17s and perhaps look to upgrade the F-7PG's into F-7X configuration.

@Oscar Sir, before we talk about what the PAF should be, let us start by constructing the mission statement for PAF, as that will determine how to best provide for it.

I think that PAF should be geared towards a short term defensive posture with the ability to defend our domestic skies, as an adjunct to the deep strike capability provided by the ASFC forces.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you explain this?

We have a credible nuclear deterrent and no declared NFU policy. Any aggressor will know that. Hence we don't need PAF to have a strategic deep strike capability. As long as we can defend our skies and provide CAS as needed, we should be pretty well set.

We have a credible nuclear deterrent and no declared NFU policy. Any aggressor will know that. Hence we don't need PAF to have a strategic deep strike capability. As long as we can defend our skies and provide CAS as needed, we should be pretty well set.

But what did you mean by the deep strike capability of the SPD forces?

SPD as such has no 'deep strike capability' of it's own. It only has the nuclear warhead. The deep strike transporter is with the ASFC and other such commands. Alot of people interchange the roles of ASFC and SPD. Although SPD is technically under ASFC< but it has nothing to do with the deployment and launch of the missiles as such.

A few moments before launch, an SPD officer comes and attaches the warhead. Before and after that moment, the missile and preparation is all done by ASFC units.

Just thought that this needed clearing up.

Now since we have ascertained the roles of ASFC and SPD, let's look at the commands of the three forces under the ASFC. PAF and PA have the well established nuclear commands, the naval command is very nascent. So the PAF can't really be secluded from the nuclear strike option.

Back
Top Bottom