What's new

What you would want the PAF to be.

This thread is dedicated to posting scenario's for the PAF if the economy from 2005 was continued and there was still marginal growth in the country. You aren't ****** rich, but things can be afforded. Please come up with your ideas here.

Attempts at trolling will lead to a thread ban..

..or worse.

As a start. Had the 2005 Earthquake not hit.. or even if it did..
The PAF should have stuck to 36 F-16Block 52s along with some 70 odd F-16 MLU's. In addition, they could have purchased the Qatari Mirages for Strike and DACT. Instead of the ZDK, more SAAB's should have been procured along with LIFT like JL-9.
The PAF should go to 200 JF-17s and perhaps look to upgrade the F-7PG's into F-7X configuration.

Don't you think PAF major future procurement would be from china, so buying further Erieye's would be futile, 3-4 are perfect, rest what I want is PAF pouring more money in ZDK R&D, so a better by product in terms of radar and sensors rolled out from factory and with continued monetary support, ZDK-03 could match Erieye capabilities if not surpasses it

With limited budget and no immediate war with IAF, instead of churning out more JF-17's, they should strengthen it's structure, add more hard point, invest more in RD-93 so to put upgraded RD-93, as business relations with Russia are pleasant behind the scenes

Last but not the least, What would I want PAF to be

392-on-steroids.jpg

Don't you think PAF major future procurement would be from china, so buying further Erieye's would be futile, 3-4 are perfect, rest what I want is PAF pouring more money in ZDK R&D, so a better by product in terms of radar and sensors rolled out from factory and with continued monetary support, ZDK-03 could match Erieye capabilities if not surpasses it

All ideas are welcome.. just keep churning them out.

I would focus more on avionics and radar systems.. so that there is a job for you.

All ideas are welcome.. just keep churning them out.

I would focus more on avionics and radar systems.. so that there is a job for you.

I don't know why, but PAF should work with Turkey, they are making decent avionics, EW systems and are spending alot on composite materials research. What would we benefit with their partnership is their access to european R&D which reflects in to their products.

TURKEY-CHINA-PAKISTAN joint R&D on avionics and radar. That could bring wonders.

I don't know why, but PAF should work with Turkey, they are making decent avionics, EW systems and are spending alot on composite materials research. What would we benefit with their partnership is their access to european R&D which reflects in to their products.

TURKEY-CHINA-PAKISTAN joint R&D on avionics and radar. That could bring wonders.

Yar kyun Turkey ki cheezon ki quality kharab karna chahte ho..

Acha khasa they'll be doing this..
798px-I2C_data_transfer.svg.png

Then they go this..
LWBidl.jpg

PAF shall only go for development and procurement of JFT and only JFT, together with mid air refuel tankers

Some more improvement in engine and more fuel carrying capacity, would match it with top of the line multi role.

I think, 0.5 billion are enough to manufacture 200 JFT. There is no better value of money PAF can ever get, otherwise.

There is no future for mirages F-16. One is obsolete and other is **** to sanctions. Adding operational costs and effecting airworthiness and flying training.

In my opinion with its limited budget and economy constraint, PAF should take wise decisions for future. They should stick with the same number of older platforms(Mirage,F-16,etc) and purchase a mix of J-10 and Jf-17. No need to modernize the older platform anymore as they will run out of their extended service life soon.(Similar to Mig-21)

PAF should induct 100 j-10 to carry strike option as J-10 will be a better strike fighter than air defence and 200+ jf-17 for defence/intercepting purpose. Making jf-17 their frontline fighter is a very risky proposition.

I think improving the already existing jf17s and PAF should hasten it's 5 generation procurment plans
Last but not the least, What would I want PAF to be

392-on-steroids.jpg
You want PAF to be an adreneline junkie doomed to die of cardiac arrest? :confused:

We are allready working together,more then we all will ever know.

Yar kyun Turkey ki cheezon ki quality kharab karna chahte ho..

Acha khasa they'll be doing this..
798px-I2C_data_transfer.svg.png

Then they go this..
LWBidl.jpg

:omghaha:, Kaya yaad karwa dia sirjee,,, Last report indicated PAC building components for Turkish drones. This indicates a trust relation exist, what is needed is to tak it to next level, if NESCOM somehow co-produce relevant sensors with ASELAN or other top defense firms and then these sensors goes in to any moving thing, Be it AWAC, aircrafts tanks or APC's

You sure about that picture?
A little boy with a gun would hurt him badly:)

I think improving the already existing jf17s and PAF should hasten it's 5 generation procurment plans

You want PAF to be an adreneline junkie doomed to die of cardiac arrest? :confused:

What i tried to convey was, PAF needs some "serious muscle power"

For the upteenth time---the 2005 earthquake is just an excuse put forward by the pak air force.

The air force had decided well before the earthquake that there was no threat from india anymore. For that treason they did not diligently pursue the purchase of an aircraft on a fast track----specially for a country sanctioned for 10 plus years---all aircraft being obsolete---paf acted like there were no worries.

:omghaha:, Kaya yaad karwa dia sirjee,,, Last report indicated PAC building components for Turkish drones. This indicates a trusted relation exist, what is needed NESCOM somehow co-produce relevant sensors with ASELAN or other top defense firms and then these sensors goes in to any moving thing, Be it AWAC, aircrafts tanks or APC's

Oh bhai.. ASELSAN ke radio pe mein ne kaam kiya hai..voice , security and others are all our own.. Trust me.. the Turkish stuff is way way better than the other maal. At least it does not fry every other day. All these systems go through NRTC..
Sab khula hai for information in this country...the only thing is the people dont know where to look.
http://www.nrtc.com.pk/pdfs/9600.pdf
These are basically ASELSAN PRC 9600 series
Aselsan | PRC/VRC-9661 VHF/UHF Software Defined Radio

The same way.. you can easily find on the internet who has been importing spares for the F-16s during the embargo and who still gets stuff like tyres for them. Just as you can find out which small firm has been working with 3d accelerometers and Gyro's for our missiles. Its plain there.

For the upteenth time---the 2005 earthquake is just an excuse put forward by the pak air force.

The air force had decided well before the earthquake that there was no threat from india anymore. For that treason they did not diligently pursue the purchase of an aircraft on a fast track----specially for a country sanctioned for 10 plus years---all aircraft being obsolete---paf acted like there were no worries.

If you speak of any of them.. they are utterly convinced that there will be no war with India.

I would have liked to see PAF deploy around six squadrons of a mix bag of F-16s backed up by about eight units of JFTs.
A dozen Erieyes as they are compact and easy to disperse. Above that a few squadrons of twin engine jets like the F/A-18 would be ideal for the maritime strike roles.

u.s wont give F/A 18 even further f-16's should be excluded from any future planning, j-11 would be a much more practical options

You have the most important muscle power of all(nukes).
All the rest is just for show,who is ever going to attack a nuclear power.
I wouldnt worry about the military force,economy and stability is more important.
With all the minerals you have,you could be a G20 country within no time.

Back
Top Bottom