What's new

What you would want the PAF to be.

What is needed is something like mi-35/24 hind.Armoured and brutal.All it needs are armour to take HMG,kalashnikov fire and chaffs for RPG which in any case is wildly inaccurate.MI-24 was called 'satan's chariot' by mujahideen,it was so effective its said if USA didn't supply stingers it would have changed the result.
PA needs something like this.

Agreed. But this thread is about PAF, not PA.

a 15 years plan depending as the economy improves from $0.5 billion to a gradual increase of $1.5 to $2 billion yearly budget

restore saab 2000 AWACS to previous configuration
zdk 03 awacs

good radars

a potent SAM system ( a must)

150 jf-17 block i

100 jf-17 block ii

90 j-10 a

72 j-10 b

63 f-16

60 j-11

54 j-31

considering the IAF's ambitious expansion plan, anything less then this would be "suicide"

i must say that this is the most logical list and a much-needed inventory of air-warfare weapons & systems of both defensive & offensive nature for PakisTan 's P.a.F. ... :coffee:

mr.genmira you've posted an analytically examined & a well thought-out pre-planned purchase of aerial combat assets w.r.t. the current & future threats arising regionally & globally against PakisTan ... :smart:
:pakistan:

All ideas are welcome.. just keep churning them out.

I would focus more on avionics and radar systems.. so that there is a job for you.

(1)- an extremly robust air-defence system consisting of low-medium & high-altitude S.a.m. systems and the relevant modern architecture/infrastructure for system support. ... :coffee:

(2). atleast 2 squadrons of a suitable twin-engine combat fighter aircraft in/for P.a.f. , pioneering an entirely new offensive doctrine of P.a.F. ... :sniper:

MuZammiL Dr. s[1]n;4554149 said:
(1)- an extremly robust air-defence system consisting of low-medium & high-altitude S.a.m. systems and the relevant modern architecture/infrastructure for system support. ... :coffee:

(2). atleast 2 squadrons of a suitable twin-engine combat fighter aircraft in/for P.a.f. , pioneering an entirely new offensive doctrine of P.a.F. ... :sniper:

Elaborate, what is that in terms of equipment and from where. Keep a budget.

100 F-16 bloc 52 and latest
200 JF-17s
100 J-11B
2 AC-130 Spectre (if possible)
10 F-35 Lighting II (If we can acquire it from Turkiye in future)
x Awacs (Boening 737 AE&C, E-3)

a 15 years plan depending as the economy improves from $0.5 billion to a gradual increase of $1.5 to $2 billion yearly budget

restore saab 2000 AWACS to previous configuration
zdk 03 awacs

good radars

a potent SAM system ( a must)

150 jf-17 block i

100 jf-17 block ii

90 j-10 a

72 j-10 b

63 f-16

60 j-11

54 j-31

considering the IAF's ambitious expansion plan, anything less then this would be "suicide"

Could you do a basic math for that and see if that fits your budget??

Could you do a basic math for that and see if that fits your budget??

to be honest I don't know sir, but I understand certainly not with the present rate of the PAF budget
but hoping against hope ( aur kya kar sakte hai)
so I guess once the economy starts to improves hopefully the budget can get to 1 billion with an annual increase of 500 million each year, could get us there say in 7-8 years, but all that is depending on the scale of the economic progress, but sir with the present & not so future threat perceptions arising geo-strategically, any thing less will be a practical suicide note I dint add anymore f-16s just kept it at present rate of 63 aircraft's due to the sanctions related issues regarding u.s fighters aircraft procurement especially in the case of Pakistan

Elaborate, what is that in terms of equipment and from where. Keep a budget.

whether we agree or not , these 2 stated points are the urgent requirements right now considering the overall threat to P.a.f. in the not-too-distant future ahead of PakisTan ... :coffee:

its not for me to tell & decide which equipment and from where P.a.f. should try to get as neither i'm an expert on the subject nor i've got the authority to do that ... But still for your satisfaction what all i can say is P.a.f. must attempt to acquire S.a.ms. in the class of s300 & s400 ... :smokin:

Budgetry constraints shall remain to be a consistent hurdle as long as this elite,political class democracy form of govt. is ruling this nation , so a poor, ill economy is just like the proportionality constant in the defence equation of/for Pakistan. Thus my point is that : less or no budget_our P.a.f. needs to procure the necessary equipment/systems urgently on emergency basis atleast the ones which are on high-priority list ... :sniper:

i am sure that P.a.f. is intelligent enough to decide wisely and prepare itself accordingly for guarding & protecting the frontiers of PakisTan well before it faces a challenge/threat next time ... :pakistan:

i want PAf to get rid of single engine jet mentality now think wisely

30 F 16 jets

30 J 10 jets

150 JF 17 Thunder

20 SU 35BM Airsuperiority Jet

12 C 130J

5 AN 124 Condor Cargo Heavy

10 AW 101 Merlin Helicopter

5 KC 767 Air refuler Boom refuler

And there is that J-11 which is a look alike of su-27 which is considered as the best and the most manuverable fighter in the whole world. The Americans also claimed that it is indeed a better aircraft than any other. The F-22 or F-35 were said to be inferior to these Russian Su-27 as claimed by the Australian air force. So I think that Pakistan should go for the J-11/Su-27.

I am Russian and a patriot of my country. I am in Russian Aviation But I think Pakistan should buy Su's or the J-11's because if there is a war b/w Pak and INd PAF would have an edge over India and PAF may have victory. We know that India was our ally but now we see that India is tilting towards these Americans so I think Pakistan makes a good ally in the South EASt Asia. Secondly Pakistan is friends with China and my country Russia is also friends with China hence we are Friends indirectly. If i was the owner of Sukhoi i would definetly have offerd pakistan the sukhoi fighters.

@geniusguy, You would have finished your export market completely if you had offered stuff to Pakistan. And don't you know that both Rosoboronexport and Sukhoi are pissed with China for reverse engineering the Su-27?

Pakistan probably lacks enough funds to buy large amounts of J-11, simply because too much of funding is diverted to their Army.

Last edited by a moderator:
And there is that J-11 which is a look alike of su-27 which is considered as the best and the most manuverable fighter in the whole world. The Americans also claimed that it is indeed a better aircraft than any other. The F-22 or F-35 were said to be inferior to these Russian Su-27 as claimed by the Australian air force. So I think that Pakistan should go for the J-11/Su-27.

I am Russian and a patriot of my country. I am in Russian Aviation But I think Pakistan should buy Su's or the J-11's because if there is a war b/w Pak and INd PAF would have an edge over India and PAF may have victory. We know that India was our ally but now we see that India is tilting towards these Americans so I think Pakistan makes a good ally in the South EASt Asia. Secondly Pakistan is friends with China and my country Russia is also friends with China hence we are Friends indirectly. If i was the owner of Sukhoi i would definetly have offerd pakistan the sukhoi fighters.

Friend, Do you even know the scales of business between the Indian and Russian defence sectors? Every other day a new Russian system is being inducted in the Indian armed forces. Yes it is not like the cold war time when we were in the Soviet camp and the Russians are facing stiff competition from Western OEM. This actually shows the Russians the flaws of their weapon systems and gives them a chance to make their systems better.

Well this year we will be indicting the Mi 17V5, The Kolkata class with the Russian engines and the Vikramaditya...and we also got the Akula. And if you believe in Indian media which are in cahoots with the western propaganda machinery you are mistaken.

well dont worry china will fill the amount of orders which india will not order from russia in anger of selling stuff to pakistan anyway im also in favour of russian fighter jets and sam systems to pakistan thank you russian alley

Back
Top Bottom