What's new

What would you do if there were peace between India and Pakistan?

Goto Chennai for authentic dosa and in fact you'll be surprised how cheap it is.

Yes i have eaten dosa many times,my neighbour are indians,whenevr they make,they give us too.with the coconut chatni and spicy chatni:woot::partay: and sometimes even baked potato in dosa.i also like idli with sambhar:blah:

@Mehru.. No they dont.. the reasons to stick together are more survivalist than anything else, they stick together because they fear being swamped over.
60 to 70% of Indians I know and have met personally will identify by their city.. compared to that.. only 20% pakistani's identify by the city.. the others want to know whether you are Pathan,Punjabi,Sindhi or Urdu-Speaking..(nobody asks about the baloch.. there just arent many of them to even think of including in this question). Now this would seem okay since you have only 4 cities with a few having multiple ethinic groups.. but the next question asked from.. lets say the Urdu speaking community is usually about the MQM.. or from a Pathan about the ANP.. not caring whether he or she even identifies with the party or not.. this is similar to what was done in tribal socities except on a larger scale.. and the concept then too was loyalty to tribe outweighs everything else...
Yes people do want peace.. the urban areas anyway and not because they feel its a necessity but because its what is "IN" with the civil activists and media..the rural sectors aren't too concerned with what happens regarding India.much bigger problems on their hands... , but there are large sections of society that wish for a holy war against India.. a section that has the potential to easily sway society.. this section has deep links within the Army..after all this section provided the man power for the fight in Kashmir and elsewhere...
anyway.. long story short..the Pakistani is fickle and easily manipulated..if tomorrow a party screams about injustice to their province regarding water it will register in their people.. tomorrow if the Media portrayed war with India as glorious and played nationalistic songs, Id be damned surprised if every one isn't boasting about their personal vendetta to fight the Indians or cheering the military whilst listening to eminem(except maybe Asma Jahangir and a few other women who may be spotted otherwise at gymkhana on Sundays).. and if tomorrow hypothetically.. Sindh wants out and the MQM is bought on board.. it would be very difficult to suppress something like that..
In a nation where law and order dont exist, justice is weak, infrastructure crumbling.. the military isnt going to hold it all together without an excuse.
I think there is a separate topic for this discussion somewhere in the hundreds of threads about "India invents cloning" and "Are you keen on wearing ladies underpants"... so this can be continued there if you wish..lets not derail the flight of fancy here.

@Mehru.. No they dont.. the reasons to stick together are more survivalist than anything else, they stick together because they fear being swamped over.
60 to 70% of Indians I know and have met personally will identify by their city.. compared to that.. only 20% pakistani's identify by the city.. the others want to know whether you are Pathan,Punjabi,Sindhi or Urdu-Speaking..(nobody asks about the baloch.. there just arent many of them to even think of including in this question). Now this would seem okay since you have only 4 cities with a few having multiple ethinic groups.. but the next question asked from.. lets say the Urdu speaking community is usually about the MQM.. or from a Pathan about the ANP.. not caring whether he or she even identifies with the party or not.. this is similar to what was done in tribal socities except on a larger scale.. and the concept then too was loyalty to tribe outweighs everything else...
Yes people do want peace.. the urban areas anyway and not because they feel its a necessity but because its what is "IN" with the civil activists and media..the rural sectors aren't too concerned with what happens regarding India.much bigger problems on their hands... , but there are large sections of society that wish for a holy war against India.. a section that has the potential to easily sway society.. this section has deep links within the Army..after all this section provided the man power for the fight in Kashmir and elsewhere...
anyway.. long story short..the Pakistani is fickle and easily manipulated..if tomorrow a party screams about injustice to their province regarding water it will register in their people.. tomorrow if the Media portrayed war with India as glorious and played nationalistic songs, Id be damned surprised if every one isn't boasting about their personal vendetta to fight the Indians or cheering the military whilst listening to eminem(except maybe Asma Jahangir and a few other women who may be spotted otherwise at gymkhana on Sundays).. and if tomorrow hypothetically.. Sindh wants out and the MQM is bought on board.. it would be very difficult to suppress something like that..
In a nation where law and order dont exist, justice is weak, infrastructure crumbling.. the military isnt going to hold it all together without an excuse.
I think there is a seperate topic for this discussion somewhere in the hundreds of threads about "India invents cloning" and "Are you keen on wearing ladies underpants"... so this can be continued there if you wish..lets not derail the flight of fancy here.

What would you do if there were peace between India and Pakistan?

i will wake up hoping that the dream is for real.. lol.. on serious note, i would love to visisit pakistan, explore places & culture without having to fear of getting arrested for being RAW agent..

I think there is a seperate topic for this discussion somewhere in the hundreds of threads about "India invents cloning" and "Are you keen on wearing ladies underpants"... so this can be continued there if you wish..lets not derail the flight of fancy here.

Your answer lies in this article.

89 per cent of Pakistanis say they think of themselves as Pakistani first, rather than a member of their ethnic group.
Pakistani first – The Express Tribune

Ethnicity in Pak is very strong. No doubt about that. But if you think that provinces will break apart if given the chance then i strongly disagree.

There is a separate thread for this.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/nation...ion-how-could-become-one-pervez-hoodbhoy.html

So i agree that we should not derail this one.

I work in Dubai, and once my company asked me to go to Islamabad to support our clients there. It was 6 months after the Mumbai attacks and there was heavy tensions on both sides. So i couldn't go. I hope there will be peace between both countries soon.
I would like to visit the sites of Harrapa and Mohenjadaro and other historical monuments in Pakistan.

hmm don't know anything different I normally tend to get along with with our indian friends in real life find them most of the time approachable

The difference is mainly political and vote issue which divides the ppl etc and stability in region

I have checked india form google map and looks like a pretty green country with huge forestation and different terrain

But would not mind seeing Taj Mahal , and some historic buildings and try some local resturants would be ideal - beaches in India would be a good venture point as well

"...nations turn their swords to ploughshares..."

May be not quite that far yet. Not quite that fast yet. But one day for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I will take Madhuri Dixit with me

Madhuri-Dixit.jpg

I will come to receive you at airport just send me flight details:cool::azn:

We are not Andrew Niccol’s Lord of War…naturally disasters make a nation more united like the earth quake and flood we are observing now war is also a factor which unites a nation if there are no disasters there wont be unity in the nation or if there is no war there will be end of our survival our nation is not that volatile that it needs disasters to be united plus disasters do have side effects which hinder development and growth people know better

I read in Israel’s history that twelve tribes used to fight one another until they found a common enemy then they used to unite… our four provinces are not like that if we have some problems are solved mutually

Some of us may see war as glorious it is war not the India if India wants to be peaceful and harmonious we have no problem with that our army has its own mechanism of training and exercises it does not need a real war to be dynamic and operational

As said expect the best and prepare for the worst we must give peace a chance once the process is started all issues like reduction in arms will be addressed automatically… we cant change things overnight and must start it at experimental level one year or so and then analyze what is needed to be included and excluded or stop the whole process

Now at the topic… visiting sights may come in initial stage when we are eager to know each other no doubt it will boost up tourism at next level I have many projects in my mind we can start joint ventures to initiate economic cycle and stop vicious circle of poverty there is lot of potential in real state sector I plan to built a motor way between Lahore and Delhi…

At the moment we want to arrange a cricket match between Indopak eleven and say Australia for fund raising for the flood victims…think Sachin and Shoaib Akhtar, Kamran Akmal and Sehwag making a strong side we will beat any team in the world Inshallah…how’s that…

Not interested in India or any thing about it so I would still be in Pakistan. (just kidding)

I'd like to visit GOA, Delhi, and most importantly Bangalore

For Indians only(not that it will deter anybody else reading it):
The problem for Pakistan's integrity started in Ayub's time.. the mistreatment of Bengali's by the Two larger ethnic groups created a general fear in most of the populous that the two upper provinces could dominate the government and military(as they have till recently..owing to the feudal system that gave them power)..this after 71 has become a reality.. and now even just requirements by Punjab are bickered upon by Sindh...it is only in the present setup that the first NFC was passed... an achievement for the corrupt civilians if anything... yet.. very little cohesion remains..and almost all Pakistani's are combustible to ethnic disparities... a result of the feudal system. After all.. admit it or not.. people tend to emulate what the big fish is doing.
Previously Kashmir and India were issues that tended to outweigh concerns in civillian and military rule when compared to inter-provincial and inter-ethnic tensions. There is however a certain uniting factor these days which is the war against the Taliban.. it had united the Pakistani in the northern part of the country.. but that lasted till the ANP showed its true colors and drove a sword into Pakistan's spine with its Khyber Pakhtunkhwa stunt.. also.. Pakistani's and especially those from KP are too afraid to question clergy.. fear of being expelled from Islam's circle and dishonoring their families...while the other two populous provinces cannot decide what to do about the Taliban.. and while they will be blown to bits by a 15 year old from FATA.. they don't have the guts to ask the government to implement a scorched earth policy and remove the problem.. fearing a backlash from the general population in KP.. since the deaths will be seen as targeting one ethnicity only. So.. that leaves India as one enemy a Pakistani has no doubts about.. and one reason he is willing to tolerate his fellow countrymen to deal with...
Take India out of the picture.. and one by one.. we will tear ourselves apart over everything.

Take a little cue.. every time the national cohesion seems to go down...it is saved only by India.. in other words.. if India wants to destroy Pakistan.. back down on Kashmir and make peace.... we'll be gone in less than ten years.

Anyhoo..
its all off topic..

On topic..
I have to see goa..the Anadaman and nicobar islands.. and meet the dalai lama(dunno why.. he just looks like a nice man).

for sake of all of us i hope whatever you have typed is flight of your own imagination. a nation which hates us if it becomes more unstable more of it's people will blame us and their hate will also increase.
this does not argur well for india. it will only mean that instead of ealing with one authority i.e. pakistani parliament we will have to deal with increased number of power centers. this will increase complexity in achiving peace something which people of both country desperatly need.

Sorry.... i did not read the whole thread but if there is a true peace than i would like to go for a long holidays to India by road on my own car.
I would like to see the city, house, estates and mills owned by my grand parents.

For a reality check the amount of poison Indian media pour into young Indians against Pakistan can never let it happen for another 100 years.

Originally Posted by santro
On topic..
I have to see goa..the Anadaman and nicobar islands.. and meet the dalai lama(dunno why.. he just looks like a nice man).

You are welcome to India !
Just my opinions; Goa may be disappointing-too crowded, Andamans and Nicobar are way out too beautiful.
About the Dalai Lama, never met him; though i would like to. Let me explain why. He seems to have very refreshing ideas. Have been reading a book- "The Art of Happiness" which is conversations between the Dalai Lama and an American psychiatrist since 1982. Very practical, no religious doctrines. And enjoyable.

p.s. read the earlier part of the post too, since it said "For Indians only". Cheers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom