What's new

What would you do if there were peace between India and Pakistan?

Originally Posted by mehru
"I would like to visit Jalandhar (land of my forefathers), Mumbai (heard a lot about it) and off course Delhi."

@ mehru ji,
You are welcome !
Many years ago i visited Jalandhar (for a friend's marriage): the part that we were in- 'Basti Shaikh'; i was told, earlier had many people who migrated to Pakistan.
i could'nt help feeling sad about it, even though locals also told me that Gen. Zia-ul-Haq was one of them. It is'nt easy or pleasant for people to have to uproot them-selves and start afresh.
And please consider visiting Lucknow as well. The food is good, the "tehzeeb" better and the "Lucknawi Chikankari Garments" outstanding.

p.s. never been to Lucknow myself; but my wife did and she never tires of speaking about the first two things, as for the third thing- well, i had to pay for it. But was worth it.
Cheers.

Smoke a ton of hash before the nuclear exchange if i get rejected from the conscription drive

i'll drive to Dehli from Lahore. Will take pictures of Dehli's historical places and paint them with Amit Kapoor, the famous Indian watercolor artist

I dont expect population centers of Pakistan to be any different then north Indian ones,,,so probably trekking in GB or observing tribals KPK.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom