What's new

what will be pakistan's answer to rafale

Status
Not open for further replies.
is that your war planing ?
against IAF which posses , a thunderous power more then , 200 su*30 mki S in its ranks ?
what is the BVR range of IAF's SU*30 mki S ?
do you have any idea what you are idealising for ?
& how many long rang SAM batteries do you need to stop the over run of the su*30S on pakistan ?
my , friend
you are getting funny day by day .

even that , how many batteries of A-DRATER system do you need to deploy against 200+ SU*30 mki S ?
I don't think , that any long range or medium range SAM'S can stop all out over run by IAF , it only can slow down them for a certain time ?
you need a compact , strike air superiority fighter jet to bring the dog fight within SAM'S protect range ?
Once it's done , disengaged the dog fight take cover , & let the SAM do its work ?

dear comrade !
what are the chances are , if PAF ask for J 20 from our dear friend china , even in small numberS , cause it's mutual defence against a common enemy ?

Man I don't have time to explain things which are already discussed on PDF, India cannot field all MKIs on western border, also most BVR engagements (not all) in Indo-Pak war will be @ 40-50 km distance because that is most effective range of most BVR missiles and there will merge soon in air war due deployment from close FOBs.

in terms of AAMs, it would really be a windfall for PAF if they are able to get their hands on MBDA's Meteor. We have already procured the SDAPA-2000 from MBDA, and Italian-Indian relations are not very warm at the moment, so maybe, just maybe, if PAF plays its cards right.........

Meteor will boost BVR capability to next level, if procured.

why not grippen or f18 ?

Gripen is a single engine aircraft:

tkcr12L7C5882.jpg

Which is being approached in effectiveness and modernization by more recent tranches of the JF-17, but will likely lag behind the updated JAS39 E/F:

Gripen%20Emmen%20Liander%203497%20-%2072dpi.jpg

It also has a lot of American parts, which make it prone to US political interference:

SAAB-JA39-Gripen.jpg

Being used by only the US and Australia, the "Super Bug" is off limits:

F-18-Super-Hornet.jpg

If the US has concerns about selling F-16s, then a F-18 E/F or an F-15 is out of the question too.

But there are legacy Hornets on the market. These could be an option for Pakistan, but the problem here isn't solely US political pressures, but also after market support.

How many nations, other than the US, could support second-hand Pakistani Hornets?

309908main_EC89-0096-206_full.jpg

Finland is looking for a replacement for its 62 F-18 C/Ds:

tkace15R3619.jpg

So there is a market. It's just unlikely from a support perspective that Pakistan would even have an interest in an aircraft it might not be able to have supported, upgraded or maintained.

These aircraft would become like Iranian F-14s. Frankenstein creations that are cannibalized to keep others airworthy.

Iranian_AF_F-14_Tomcat_landing_at_Mehrabad.jpg

It's not worth the hassle.

There are better options for the PAF.

tkcr12L7C5882.jpg

Which is being approached in effectiveness and modernization by more recent tranches of the JF-17, but will likely lag behind the updated JAS39 E/F:

It also has a lot of American parts, which make it prone to US political interference:

SAAB-JA39-Gripen.jpg

F-18-Super-Hornet.jpg

If the US has concerns about selling F-16s, then a F-18 E/F or an F-15 is out of the question too.

But there are legacy Hornets on the market. These could be an option for Pakistan, but the problem here isn't solely US political pressures, but also after market support.

How many nations, other than the US, could support second-hand Pakistani Hornets?

tkace15R3619.jpg

So there is a market. It's just unlikely from a support perspective that Pakistan would even have an interest in an aircraft it might not be able to have supported, upgraded or maintained.

These aircraft would become like Iranian F-14s. Frankenstein creations that are cannibalized to keep others airworthy.

Iranian_AF_F-14_Tomcat_landing_at_Mehrabad.jpg

like ?

tkcr12L7C5882.jpg

SAAB-JA39-Gripen.jpg

F-18-Super-Hornet.jpg

i am told that they are not intrested in a answer to the rafale. they are intrested in deep penertrating (500km+) jets.
4++ gen jets are out of the question,but there is a jet that will answer the rafale but its expensive (work out what im talking about) and thats it. there is bit of spice on the blk 52's they have already, they have cfts and 600 gallon fuel tanks. this is a stop gap. they are going for 5th gen fighter as its easier and quicker in terms of development. they will either for for the tfx or the j31. the latter is most likely.

cft+2x 600 gallon fuel tanks range = 2275 nmi/4215 km
F-16_Galon_%5B638x253%5D.jpg

j31's (paf's most likely option)

J31s.jpg

also the gripen gn is more advanced and more powerful
gripen-ng-2.jpg

i am told that they are not intrested in a answer to the rafale. they are intrested in deep penertrating (500km+) jets.
4++ gen jets are out of the question,but there is a jet that will answer the rafale but its expensive (work out what im talking about) and thats it. there is bit of spice on the blk 52's they have already, they have cfts and 600 gallon fuel tanks. this is a stop gap. they are going for 5th gen fighter as its easier and quicker in terms of development. they will either for for the tfx or the j31. the latter is most likely.

cft+2x 600 gallon fuel tanks range = 2275 nmi/4215 km
F-16_Galon_%5B638x253%5D.jpg

j31's (paf's most likely option)

View attachment 291093
also the gripen gn is more advanced and more powerful
gripen-ng-2.jpg
I can only come up with Eurofighter. and it'll be harder to get. j31is wait-and-watch kind of thing

I can only come up with Eurofighter. and it'll be harder to get. j31is wait-and-watch kind of thing
yes the typhoon is the only good 4++ gen fighter but as i said, its expensive.

As the Euro fighters is too expensive i wonder if getting some Harriets could be an option?

Are any Saudi or Raf Harriets on the market?

yes the typhoon is the only good 4++ gen fighter but as i said, its expensive.

So the best supplement for the time being could be J-10C as stop gape with current inventory of F-16s. Then go for J-31 as participant in the project which will serve both purposes in guture like twin engine 5th generation. Furthermore evolve JFT upto Block-III. My opinion.

Man I don't have time to explain things which are already discussed on PDF, India cannot field all MKIs on western border, also most BVR engagements (not all) in Indo-Pak war will be @ 40-50 km distance because that is most effective range of most BVR missiles and there will merge soon in air war due deployment from close FOBs.

Meteor will boost BVR capability to next level, if procured.
Here again ,
If IAF won't pitch its all SU*30s mki power towards western zone then , where they I'll be keeping it & whom for ?
China ?lolzz

Not to mention , their fleet of MIG 29s , mirrages ?
I guess , you need to get more info, on latest BVR missile adavances , before commenting & putting it as , an effective strategy by our arch rivals ?
Dear , PDF is kind of new generation debate club , & with your absolute judgment on the tactics of our enemies , you should make it clear what is your POV , its not what been discussed before or after ?

So the best supplement for the time being could be J-10C as stop gape with current inventory of F-16s. Then go for J-31 as participant in the project which will serve both purposes in guture like twin engine 5th generation. Furthermore evolve JFT upto Block-III. My opinion.
we can thank god you dont work in paf management otherwise they will be ruined, work out why i said that and get back to me. heres a hint to get you going. money and time. go

JFT is the best of the modern fighter plateforms , but it also has its limits ?
Yes we can think off blk 3 of it , what after that ?
Maybe few more advanced avionics , or a bit design change , but that's , where it can go further & that's it .

If its blk 3, can serve PAF more then 30 years to come , thats itself wouldbe a marvelous achivment on its own ?

But , we need to keep other options open to us ?
We need to match , a enemy which is getting bigger & better day by day ?
We , need to bring at least 100 fighter jets between 4.5 to 5.0 generation in to our inductation , in a short period of time ?
Our F*16s we have tested already in kargill , answer we all knew well .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom