what will be pakistan's answer to rafale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ihtasham ahmed

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
As the deal between india and france is almost done for 36 rafale , what will be the answer of PAF to this acquisition of IAF , RAFALE is miles ahead of anything we have in our inventory , it will shift the balance of power even more , PAF might go for
36 F16 Block 61 (V)
36 J10C
Australian F18 (but pak must not go for american again )
36 J11D if russia allows
36 SU35 ( difficult to get and maintain )
F15 eagle ( very difficult )
36 eurofighter ( if pakistan can get them then its gonna be the most prime fighter of asia )
or shift the funds to J31 and procure them in large numbers
opinions please

Those Rafales are still no where close. They will take atleast two more years to start induction. But one thing is sure, those Rafales will cause more Trouble and damage than Su30 MKI............. so indeed answers are required.

I do wish for EF Typhoon but for us its not possible.
Only possible thing I can see is F16V of Block 60+ configuration...........

Otherwise saying that JFT III is answer to them and we will skip the answer for now and save money for J31 , then its all crap and non sense which some day will cost us some serious price................ something has to be done

Last edited:
I don't want to sound harsh to Pakistani brothers but just my 2cents...

1) India has China too to worry about. Not every weapon that we induct is aimed at Pakistan. Our current inventory of Su-30MKIs and Mirages/ MIG-29 are more than enough to keep PAF at bay.

2) RAFALE once inducted woiuld be Aisa' best fighter. 36 plus whatever addons (as posted by many senior Indian members the final number could well be around 126) will mostly be to have a counter to China's Air Force till the time we induct PAK-Fa or AMCA

3) Frankly speaking, with a 2.3 trillion $ economy growing at 7.4% annually (worlds fastest growing major economy), this conventional gap between Pakistan-India is only going to increase manifolds. Our defence budget today is around 50 billion USD (only 1.5%of our GDP). Imagine in 10 years when we will be a 7-8 trillion USD economy (even taking a mere 7.5% growth rate), our defence budget will be close to 250 billion USD.

Pakistan's best bet is to have a sound defensive capabilities including anti-aircraft defence shields/ radars and hope that we two neighbours don't go to war at all.

@Abingdonboy @PARIKRAMA

More 2nd hand or new F-Solah from US and other countries which are retiring them and JF-17 thunder that's all.....

Otherwise saying that JFT III is answer to them and we will skip then answer and save money for J31 then its all crap and non sense which some day will cost has some serious price................ something has to be done
JFT III is not an answer, it will be light weight with limited range and sensors..
EFT are highly expensive and it is joint-project between 4 countries and it is hard to convince all the others, remain option is J-10 as f-16s are now very hard to get from US..

Future PAF planning should be without any sort of strings even in future supplies, so China or Russia
Better to go for J16 already with aesa radar and some parameters better than su35.
Better because it will improve at most accelerated rate as currently China is.
su 35 is second choice to me
J10c is 3rd as J31 is much better but much delayed

Please search the forum.

That search button is your friend.
sir can you please give link of those threads or tag me So i can read them ..........
My reason to join this forum was to learn about PAF stretegy to counter Su30 mkis but in last 7 months i found nothing......
Kindly tag me in those threads
Regards~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom