What's new

What kind of Tax is this?

Actually in UK and Europe most cant afford ac nor cars (high insurance)...that is how countries are not in debt!
Actually you are right but unfortunately UK debt to gdp ratio and debt is far more then Pakistan..

Around 70-90% of govt spending is wastage and I am not saying that some projects are wrong but the amount spent on them is too exaggerated and you know where that money goes.

For example even if a govt organization do some good work such as installing solar energy system then they will pay 10-20x more money than its actual cost which is paid by an average private organization. The contractor will pay only the real amount to third party workers and rest of money will go in his pockets

"Around 70-90% of govt spending is wastage". How did you arrive at this figure?

"then they will pay 10-20x more money than its actual cost". How did you arrive at this figure?

yes but their awaam isnt suffering!

It is not as hot there and there is good public transport. Hence no AC or car needed.

Actually in UK and Europe most cant afford ac nor cars (high insurance)...that is how countries are not in debt!
Thought had a cold climate. they dont need ACs.

about cars: those countries then provide alternatives, they provide well connected public transport. there is nothing like that here

Thought had a cold climate. they dont need ACs.
Their summers can be burning- easily past 40 degrees! Though for short periods but it is getting worse due to global warming

about cars: those countries then provide alternatives, they provide well connected public transport. there is nothing like that here
Is our awaam using the alternative metro? Even after metro we still have increase in foreign car imports! So, why are we whining again?

we afford AC large mahal while the country is sinking and call ourselves Muslims who live within means!
What AC and large mahals? Even a 5 marla house costs 10s of millions of rupees. average income of a middle class person is around 40k-50k per month, dont think he will ever be able to save enough to build a house.

Is our awaam using the alternative metro? Even after metro we still have increase in foreign car imports! So, why are we whining again?
metro runs on a single route in cities housing millions. which Paakistan are you living in?

How did you arrive at this figure?
I can vouch for that. seen it happen. an item costing 100rs max in the market was purchased for 1500.

we still have increase in foreign car imports
Because they are (or were) cheaper (before IK happened), and had better build quality and safety features as compared to locally assembled ones. btw, what is IK doing to boost local manufacturing and exports? any incentives(or danda) on assembling and exporting electronics? or vehicles?

How did you arrive at this figure?
One piece of equipment was purchased by an org for a few hundred thousands, the same thing was purchased by another org for about 70% more (dont ask for proof please, deliberately talking in abstract terms).

Last edited:
What AC and large mahals? Even a 5 marla house costs 10s of millions of rupees. average income of a middle class person is around 40k-50k per month, dont think he will ever be able to save enough to build a house.
yet I see one too many mahals! Who lives in those?

metro runs on a single route in cities housing millions. which Paakistan are you living in?
When I objected to that Noonis were PMLN is doing great for its people!

Because they are (or were) cheaper (before IK happened), and had better build quality and safety features as compared to locally assembled ones. btw, what is IK doing to boost local manufacturing and exports? any incentives(or danda) on assembling and exporting electronics? or vehicles?
1) why arent the people waking up and making their own car? So many engineers so many degree holders sitting around and crying only!
2) Why does everything run on incetives?
3) Like I said I agree IK should concentrate on generating money instead of relying on overseas Pakistanis!

why arent the people waking up and making their own car? So many engineers so many degree holders sitting around and crying only!
who will give them money to set up the plant? you? engine manufacturing requires precision engineering and good knowledge of metallurgy, where is the machinery for that? design tools alone cost hundreds of thousands of rupees.

When I objected to that Noonis were PMLN is doing great for its people!
the thing is, I dont care for PMLN either. PTI and Ik were supposed to be better, and were supposed to do better. they are just doing what ppp did after mushi.

and in 70 yrs we got nothing :cray:

Well, being the first and only Muslim nuclear power in the world's history must count for something. A seriously huge achievement, but with its attendant costs.

I can vouch for that. seen it happen. an item costing 100rs max in the market was purchased for 1500.

Anecdotal.

One piece of equipment was purchased by an org for a few hundred thousands, the same thing was purchased by another org for about 70% more (dont ask for proof please, deliberately talking in abstract terms).

Still anecdotal.

who will give them money to set up the plant? you? engine manufacturing requires precision engineering and good knowledge of metallurgy, where is the machinery for that? design tools alone cost hundreds of thousands of rupees.

then this problem should have been the universities offering proper courses!

the thing is, I dont care for PMLN either. PTI and Ik were supposed to be better, and were supposed to do better. they are just doing what ppp did after mushi.
supposed to...

Did anyone know the situation? Nope! the mess was hidden and covered with different layers of crap!

I do blame all political parties who took their share!
To do better you have to get 3/4 vote! To do better you cant have an opposition whose main reason of existence is to be a hurdle! They have stated so...that their main goal is getting IK out of the way lolz....Why isnt anyone saying what is wrong with you traitors?

To do better you need something which is stable...Our education, environment, health, transportation, housing, justice, finance...everything is broken. One would ask where to start and what to address first?

It is not as hot there
With climate change ...it has hit new heights! :D

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom