What's new

What kind of Tax is this?

My pet falcon tells me, handsome is driving them up the wall, lets see....

I just pray, whatever happens, happens for the betterment of the country.
Might be you are true but recent press release is something very vocal and supportive...his personal grudge has affected other things very badly...Nawaz and zardari is past now. He should get over but ….
I hope whatever happened is best for country and people

I hope you got the response to your question as to why Petroleum products were cheaper in Pakistan than they are in India. It is because their currency is stronger and so their consumers can afford to pay a bit more; however, that is not the entire case as you must also consider the RON and quality of petroleum sold in India and in Pakistan which brings up the difference. The cost of shipping to India would also be more because of the longer distance. Basically you need to measure up all these factors before concluding that Pakistanis should be paying more for petroleum.

I still do not understand your point as to why non-commercial consumers should pay more for petrol. Is that the case in any other country?

The distance from gulf to Pakistan and India is not that great.

Industries provides jobs and keep the economic cycle running. Many of these industries exports which earns $$$ for the country, therefore they should not be charged a higher end price. The public who rides cars or suvs, are wasting fuel and $$$, overloading roads, spreading pollution, etc. They are not providing jobs to anyone so they should be paying more.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom