What's new

What kind of Tax is this?

Keep in mind he has to pay nothing for house and bills...

Sabar kar jao jab khud pay pary gi aur ankareeb paray gi to phir poochna puttar tabdeeli ai hy ya nai.

May nay kafi saray tabdeel hotay dekhay hain dancing tabdeeli razakar ....

taxation is theft. nation is living within its means, the govt isnt. big difference.

lol
just lol
and another lol

People like you are the reason for the country's existing situation. There should also be a tax on stupidity. Trust me that alone will count up to huge numbers.

Please breakdown these subsidies and educate us awam how much of "these generously handed out subsidies" has actually benefited us and how much of these have landed in the pockets of the ones who were part of generous handing out process (you are mistaken if you think I am referring to NS, Zardari only).
I wouldn't know coz I don't take these ....but many did vote for a certain party for these so ask them

Tax on vehicles has been raised extremely high, there is a token tax, an advance tax, an income tax and a professional tax. two of those are being charged "per seat".

wtf is this? looks like PTI is completely out of its mind.

Per seat tax as if all of the people who own cares are running rent a car or careem businesses. IK was talking about raising the standard of living, looks like he is actively trying to destroy the middle class, and push them down into lower class. instead of raising standard of living he is making sure that people can never afford cars, ACs, coolers, Firdges/Freezers, heaters and geysers.
In a country where a lot of ppl have undocumented incomes and assets...it's hard to implement a tax bracket system where one can tax the rich more and the middle class less so. So this necessitates the sales tax even more. Additionally since most of these things are imported(like cars, air conditioners, etc.) it would help lower the import bill for the country.

I don't understand ppl who are screaming about inflation and things getting tougher. I mean I understand the day to day difficulty and the pain the common man is being put through...but what did we all expect? For decades one after another incompetent and corrupt party ran the country into the ground...took loans after loans...and we were all just gonna continue living happily ever after? All of this was bound to happen bcuz the bill always comes due. The only way to wean the economy off of loans year after year and to pay off the loans already taken is to reduce expenditures(imports) and increase the income(exports). Inflation of the currency can achieve just that to an extent. Taxes on imported goods also help reduce imports. So while we may all disagree about the way in which the economy can be improved and the nitty gritty details of it all...but inflation and increased taxes on imported goods are a CORE part of it that HAD to happen.

I'm not an IK loyalist nor for any party really...I'm just saying that u can't take a country that's been in shambles and looted for decades and turn it around in a year or two...no one can do it not even the most angelic person on Earth who is uncorruptable. It takes a while and the results aren't quickly visible...it may take years before progress starts to show. So it may be too soon to blame IK just yet.

Last edited:
Perhaps you should also consider per capita income of both countries before you start dishing out financial advice.

P.S. I have no idea what you meant when you wanted to change the petroleum price for residential consumers.

Indian per capita is higher because they exports alot, who had stopped Pakistanis not to export?

I meant non industrial/commercial consumers.

Tax on vehicles has been raised extremely high, there is a token tax, an advance tax, an income tax and a professional tax. two of those are being charged "per seat".

wtf is this? looks like PTI is completely out of its mind.

Per seat tax as if all of the people who own cares are running rent a car or careem businesses. IK was talking about raising the standard of living, looks like he is actively trying to destroy the middle class, and push them down into lower class. instead of raising standard of living he is making sure that people can never afford cars, ACs, coolers, Firdges/Freezers, heaters and geysers.

Turns out this was fake news too.

https://propakistani.pk/2019/07/03/fbr-says-car-registration-taxes-have-not-been-increased/

Perhaps IK is punishing people for not voting him to power in 2013 or those who forced him to power in 2018.
After 9mnths in power - Asad Umar said "more screams...." and I said to someone, if they keep on going the way they are, next election, they wont even get KPK.

Then the PKR went in a downward spiral against the US$, and taxes started shooting up. Now, not so sure, how long this govt will last, will it even make it to the next election?

Indian per capita is higher because they exports alot, who had stopped Pakistanis not to export?

I meant non industrial/commercial consumers.

I hope you got the response to your question as to why Petroleum products were cheaper in Pakistan than they are in India. It is because their currency is stronger and so their consumers can afford to pay a bit more; however, that is not the entire case as you must also consider the RON and quality of petroleum sold in India and in Pakistan which brings up the difference. The cost of shipping to India would also be more because of the longer distance. Basically you need to measure up all these factors before concluding that Pakistanis should be paying more for petroleum.

I still do not understand your point as to why non-commercial consumers should pay more for petrol. Is that the case in any other country?

Don't know how long they can rule by just abusing the past rulers

After 9mnths in power - Asad Umar said "more screams...." and I said to someone, if they keep on going the way they are, next election, they wont even get KPK.

Then the PKR went in a downward spiral against the US$, and taxes started shooting up. Now, not so sure, how long this govt will last, will it even make it to the next election?
Yes...they will even win next election...every institution is backing these measures and issued press release...Surely they do understands where Hazfeez shaik will take them......Those who selected him are completely backing him. Performance is not a measurement here...

Yes...they will even win next election...every institution is backing these measures and issued press release...Surely they do understands where Hazfeez shaik will take them......Those who selected him are completely backing him. Performance is not a measurement here...
My pet falcon tells me, handsome is driving them up the wall, lets see....

I just pray, whatever happens, happens for the betterment of the country.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom