What's new

What kind of Tax is this?

Those people working in toyota, honda suzuki plants, they can work together and borrow a loan and set up a plant.
it takes 100million $ to set up a plant (Changan's plant by Master motors cost this much). Who is going to give this much loan to engineers who are nobodies? this isnt the west geniuses.

No. We must always be respectful of the people's right to make choices for themselves.
I think that only comes to play when they know the meaning of basic rights, have an education and can execute their basic rights instead of being swayed by the majority "log kiya kahain gay"

I think that only comes to play when they know the meaning of basic rights, have an education and can execute their basic rights instead of being swayed by the majority "log kiya kahain gay"

Not really. The collective wisdom of a culture that has its roots in the region for thousands of years must account for something.

Not really. The collective wisdom of a culture that has its roots in the region for thousands of years must account for something.
Culture sure...but if there are problems they need to be tackled....culture alone can't teach you much otherwise culturally enriched Sindh and Balochistan would be on the moon by now

Culture sure...but if there are problems they need to be tackled....culture alone can't teach you much otherwise culturally enriched Sindh and Balochistan would be on the moon by now

Yes, but what if a culture prefers to look back rather than forward? They do have that right.

Yes, but what if a culture prefers to look back rather than forward? They do have that right.
They will drag us to the graves within mins!

It is a right doesn't mean it is correct ...There are cults that sacrifice children...is that not their right?

They will drag us to the graves within mins!

It is a right doesn't mean it is correct ...There are cults that sacrifice children...is that not their right?

Do you object to Isaac's/Ishmael's story in the Quran? People do have the right to makes choices, even ones that we may not agree with. Collective wisdom prevails for a nation.

That MS paint job looks very official. Lets assume it is - should taxi/bus/mini bus drivers not pay tax?

It costs Rs15,000 to hire a Hiace van from our village to Islamabad airport. During peak season some of these guys are doing two trips a day. Why shouldn't they pay tax?

Don't they have huge engines that guzzle gas like anything. Pretty sure a full tank costs around 7-8000 on a Hiace. Then they factor in maintenence and driver pay. 15k seems like peanuts for a 12 seater.

Northern Areas are very beautiful. They should tax the vehicles there for environmental damage as most of the vehicles are Diesel driven harming the beautiful nature which needs preserving.

Also due to price hikes of natural gas there should be added tax on use of heaters and geysers. These are already declared as luxury by GoP ministers.

Towns who fail to attract tourism should pay extra tax for not attracting businesses and tourists.
Then there should also be tax on mountains that why they are present and wasting plain lands and also there should be tax on people because why they are living there also put tax on snow why there is nosnow on lands, as per diesel vehicles they dont produce SOX NOX which are much harmful than carbon which can be removed by trees

Do you object to Isaac's/Ishmael's story in the Quran? People do have the right to makes choices, even ones that we may not agree with. Collective wisdom prevails for a nation.
How is Ishaq and Ishmail's story related to this? Those were Prophets...No one in Pakistan is even close to being a "saint" let alone a prophet!

As for "culture" MOST of our "practiced" culture is derived from india or tribal mindset...Very little is actually useful if we are to call ourselves Muslims...

1. dowry (shameless asking parents of girls or expecting stuff or taunting daughter in laws - none of this is Islamic yet it has somehow seeped into our society)
  2. Being ashamed of daughters (not very common but still surprisingly common- if they have stopped burying them, they burden them with enough headache which is far worse than being buried alive!)
  3. Praising sons as though they are the world (not Islamic yet is our culture! Where boys will be boys allows "men" as old as 40-50 to do what they please without question! MANY from baligh to death dont even know how to take responsibilities!)
  4. Asking daughters to tolerate abusive spouse for name sake! (not sure how such a thing is acceptable!)
I dont see any wisdom in any of this! Yet it is this culture that they will stand for over their dead bodies!

Best example if a parallel would be the words of the Quran:
When it is said to them: "Follow what Allah hath revealed:" They say: "Nay! we shall follow the ways of our fathers." What! even though their fathers Were void of wisdom and guidance? (Surah Al-Baqara, 170)

THOSE WHO ARE GOING TO ENGAGE OR BASH ME ABOUT THIS PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINE OF DISCUSSION BEFORE JUMPING IN BLIND

As for "culture" MOST of our "practiced" culture is derived from india or tribal mindset...Very little is actually useful if we are to call ourselves Muslims...

1. dowry (shameless asking parents of girls or expecting stuff or taunting daughter in laws - none of this is Islamic yet it has somehow seeped into our society)
  2. Being ashamed of daughters (not very common but still surprisingly common- if they have stopped burying them, they burden them with enough headache which is far worse than being buried alive!)
  3. Praising sons as though they are the world (not Islamic yet is our culture! Where boys will be boys allows "men" as old as 40-50 to do what they please without question! MANY from baligh to death dont even know how to take responsibilities!)
  4. Asking daughters to tolerate abusive spouse for name sake! (not sure how such a thing is acceptable!)
I dont see any wisdom in any of this! Yet it is this culture that they will stand for over their dead bodies!

Thank you for clarifying your views.

Culture is what a society makes for itself over a period of time, whether we agree with it or not. It remains what it is. We can try to change it, of course, but the majority prevails over time. Culture is a collection of what a society actually does, not what it claims.

For this thread, paying taxes does not seem to be a part of Pakistani culture.

There is absolutely no need to bash anyone for their personal views in this discussion.

Culture is what a society makes for itself over a period of time, whether we agree with it or not. It remains what it is. We can try to change it, of course, but the majority prevails over time. Culture is a collection of what a society actually does, not what it claims.
Yes I am aware of culture and the society stuff...I actually aced an elective course at uni about it...How society shapes culture and how culture influences societies (ironically called human geography) .....the inaction of human and the meaning of places to human (ie. grave, graffiti art and so on)...Prob why I post like I do!

For this thread, paying taxes does not seem to be a part of Pakistani culture.
Yes and that is why I said it is a useless culture that will drag us to our grave! Such badshahat culture needs to go!

There is absolutely no need to bash anyone for their personal views in this discussion.
No one is bashing anyone...The red note was for those who would jump in without reading!

List down the handouts.
Almost everything in Pakistan has been and is subsidized! This cover up has led to the current financial status!
In reality if it was not covered...we are in really deep shit but because the state is taking the burn, many are living like kings while many more are living a pauper life!

Yes I am aware of culture and the society stuff...I actually aced an elective course at uni about it...How society shapes culture and how culture influences societies (ironically called human geography) .....the inaction of human and the meaning of places to human (ie. grave, graffiti art and so on)...Prob why I post like I do!

Yes and that is why I said it is a useless culture that will drag us to our grave! Such badshahat culture needs to go!

No one is bashing anyone...The red note was for those who would jump in without reading!

Then you must have an idea of just how difficult it is to actually change a culture for the better, such as paying taxes.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom