What's new

What Iranians and Saudis refuse to realize!

Iran hasn't lost appetite for conquest? Who are you going to conquest?

I think that, barring minor exceptions, the conquests being debated now are conquests of ideology and influence, not physical conquests.

And no one is innocent on that front: Arabs, Iran, Turkey -- they all want to broaden their sphere of influence.

What is now the territory of KSA was ruled by various rulers either kings, sheikhs, emirs, sultans etc. You had Hijazis, Najdis, Southerners, Khaleejis, Northerners and dozens of others.

All those individuals like anywhere else in that time period had conflicts and different interests. Some where allies with the Ottomans and some were not. KSA is a vast land that was always difficult to fully control by one single ruler or dynasty. Due to geographical distances, the landscapes (mountains, desert areas, valleys etc.) and other factors. The population was also small.

Ibn Saud started a campaign to liberate his ancestors lost land that the Al-Rashids had conquered (Emirate of Jabal Shammar) and he succeeded. Later he continued his campaigns and won more land until he had conquered all of what is KSA today. It had nothing to do with Sunni or Shia or anything. It was a power struggle between dynasties and rulers.

The ME could literary be divided into 100 more countries but that would only weaken the region so uniting was a very good choice. Iran could literary turn into 10 different countries or so to take an example.

I hope one day, Saudis and others (including Pakistanis) use the lessons learned from ibn Saud's to bring peace and stability in the region just like he brought peace and stability in modern day KSA.

Hope you get the point.

Just like you described, KSA used to be bunch of tribes, emirs etc. but now they have changed.

It is the same thing non region level

With bunch of tribes aka countries and Saltanetts.

They too can be cajoled and brought together for peace and stability in the region.

if there is a ruler like Ibn saud today.

Iran hasn't lost appetite for conquest? Who are you going to conquest? And do you even have the equipment? Iran's army is defensive, not offensive :coffee: any aggresive move from Iran will give green light to Israel to pick you apart and Azerbaijan and remaining neighbors will take their stake with the distribution of the booty.

We are going to conquer Turkey very soon, and there is nothing you can do about it besides praying to almighty Tengri.

Only if protecting their interests benefits us, the minute it doesn't trust me US will give two shts about European interests. Europeans know this too, the only nation whose interests will always have priority in US policy making is that blot in the Levant.

Interest of it's allies in this context means KSA, UAE.....

@FaujHistorian

Remarkably the Westerners had no role to play in that infighting contrary to their meddling everywhere else. Hence KSA was never a colony. Or its rulers appointed/hand-picked by the West. That is really remarkable considering the dire state of the Middle East 80-100 years ago. Ethiopia is another example although the only one in Africa.

The alliance between KSA and USA came by a total coincidence if we read about it. Long after Ibn Saud had consolidates his grip of the country.

I hope one day, Saudis and others (including Pakistanis) use the lessons learned from ibn Saud's to bring peace and stability in the region just like he brought peace and stability in modern day KSA.

Hope you get the point.

Just like you described, KSA used to be bunch of tribes, emirs etc. but now they have changed.

It is the same thing non region level

With bunch of tribes aka countries and Saltanetts.

They too can be cajoled and brought together for peace and stability in the region.

if there is a ruler like Ibn saud today.

Well, some areas of KSA and Saudi Arabians were not fond of what happened (Ibn Saud consolidating his power). So it is much more complex than that.

I obviously applaud the unification despite not agreeing with everything. But it is truth that KSA despite being a very diverse society and in many ways still tribal has had so much calm considering that it is located in the middle of the volatile MENA region bordering always chaotic Yemen and Iraq, Israel and Palestine (Israel can be seen by your naked eye form the Gulf of Aqaba) and not always stable Iran to the east.

Pakistan already had such a leader named Muhammad Ali Jinnah.

:D

Last edited:
@al-Hasani @haman10 @ResurgentIran @Bubblegum Crisis
Okkk...

Here is an honest question...Who started calling himself SHIA and who called himself SUNNI?

I mean ALL I KNOW is Prophet SAW (our leader) called himself MUSLIM...soo errr who exactly are you guys following?

Prophet SAW is by definition Sunni. Islam is sunni. One and single truth, one faith.

It’s the Persian who invented Shiism. Because.

https://defence.pk/threads/tehran-in-major-outreach-to-riyadh.289732/page-3#post-5001933

Last edited:
Quran:
The believers are but brothers, so make settlement between your brothers. And fear Allah that you may receive mercy.
O you who have believed, let not a people ridicule [another] people; perhaps they may be better than them; nor let women ridicule [other] women; perhaps they may be better than them. And do not insult one another and do not call each other by [offensive] nicknames. Wretched is the name of disobedience after [one's] faith. And whoever does not repent - then it is those who are the wrongdoers.
O you who have believed, avoid much [negative] assumption. Indeed, some assumption is sin. And do not spy or backbite each other. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his brother when dead? You would detest it. And fear Allah ; indeed, Allah is Accepting of repentance and Merciful.
"O Mankind, We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know each other. Verily the most honored of you in the sight of God is he who is the most righteous of you" (Quran 49:10-13).

Sheikh Ahmad Deedat:

"Whosoever will resort to the distinction of colour and blood will perish. Whoever you are, a majestic Turk or a blue-blooded Arab, this is the law of God, you discriminate on grounds of race, language, colour and riches, you will perish"

Prophet SAW is by definition Sunni. Islam is sunni. One truth, one faith.

It’s the Persian who invented Shiism. Because.
Show me in the Quran where the word is SUNNI instead of ISLAM or Muslim?! :unsure:

We are going to conquer Turkey very soon, and there is nothing you can do about it besides praying to almighty Tengri.
just-to-let-you-know-u-so-funny.jpg

Quran:
The believers are but brothers, so make settlement between your brothers. And fear Allah that you may receive mercy.
O you who have believed, let not a people ridicule [another] people; perhaps they may be better than them; nor let women ridicule [other] women; perhaps they may be better than them. And do not insult one another and do not call each other by [offensive] nicknames. Wretched is the name of disobedience after [one's] faith. And whoever does not repent - then it is those who are the wrongdoers.
O you who have believed, avoid much [negative] assumption. Indeed, some assumption is sin. And do not spy or backbite each other. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his brother when dead? You would detest it. And fear Allah ; indeed, Allah is Accepting of repentance and Merciful.
"O Mankind, We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know each other. Verily the most honored of you in the sight of God is he who is the most righteous of you" (Quran 49:10-13).

Sheikh Ahmad Deedat:

"Whosoever will resort to the distinction of colour and blood will perish. Whoever you are, a majestic Turk or a blue-blooded Arab, this is the law of God, you discriminate on grounds of race, language, colour and riches, you will perish"

Quranic classes ..... :D,

@al-Hasani @haman10 @ResurgentIran @Bubblegum Crisis @@Arabian Legend
Okkk...

Here is an honest question...Who started calling himself SHIA and who called himself SUNNI?

I mean ALL I KNOW is Prophet SAW (our leader) called himself MUSLIM...soo errr who exactly are you guys following?

The rot started immediately after the death of our prophet pbuh

Followers of Ali called themselves Shiane Ali

And the followers of Abu Bakr and Umer opposed them.

So in reality it is Arab Arab issue that Iranians tend to digest without realizing how poisonous it is.

peace

p.s. Do not quote Quran here please

Ali Umer and Abu bakar knew that Quran much more than you or any one of us here.

Show me in the Quran where the word is SUNNI instead of ISLAM or Muslim?! :unsure:

Ali is not a prophet. Nobody told Ali to become the king of Muslims. Otherwise Prophet SAW would have done himself his lifetime.

Back
Top Bottom