What's new

What have you done for New Year's Day?

That is in philly, isn't it? That is not that early of a start. Does your classes end in May?

Yep! Main campus is in Philly, with several other campus locations in the burbs. Classes end in May.

Umm... slept?

Went to bed at 8am at woke up at 3pm...

Two things I miss most about living in the US: mexican food and a good, proper Philly cheesesteak...

Ahh, you know well then my friend! One hasn't had a real cheesesteak until they have had a Philly Cheesesteak :agree:

25ccfdce2e68296c128a60dc13e912d8.jpg

Last edited:
Yep! Main campus is in Philly, with several other campus locations in the burbs. Classes end in May.

Ahh, you know well then my friend! One hasn't had a real cheesesteak until they have had a Philly Cheesesteak :agree:

25ccfdce2e68296c128a60dc13e912d8.jpg

Isn't the guy from across the street claim to have the real cheese stead?

Just look it up. Its call Pat's king of steak.

@faithfulguy They both 'claim' to have the best. The founders of Pat's King of Steaks, are generally credited with inventing the sandwich in 1930. There is definitely a big rivalry between both places. I personally like them both. All depends on what mood I'm in. Some Philadelphians though have chosen sides :lol:

This article (in case you're curious) is a couple of years old, but it basically sums up the situation.

Pat's vs. Geno's: Cheese steak war still simmers in Philadelphia - Los Angeles Times

Last edited:
What have you done and are doing currently?

I am currently at work. Lol! :laughcry:

This has to be one of the most boring countries when it comes to officially celebrating the New Year. Most people celebrate the occasion privately because it's just a regular day over here. Although, there are lots of decorations up for 2014 at my work place if that counts for anything. :lol:

As far as yesterday is concerned, I got to hang out with a couple of friends, spend some time with my family, & wish my relatives & friends abroad a Happy New Year.

I've been with a couple friends all day and watched Anchorman 2 with them...know have them over almost about to kick them out I'm getting sleepy..:D

Nevertheless got what I needed to get done today and thanked The Lord. :)

@al-Hasani @Yzd Khalifa @haman10 @ResurgentIran @Resurrection5782 @Armstrong @Aamna14 @Aeronaut @pak-marine @RescueRanger @Jessica_L@rmi5

@Web Master @Sinan @KAL-EL
That does not sound bad at all @KAL-EL @rmi5 A Happy New Year to both of you and your loved ones.

@ResurgentIran

Also to you since you are probably in Denmark too, maybe even Copenhagen, LOL. Who knows what you are up to?:D

Not much really. Im in Sweden right now with the family, and we spent holidays watching a lot of movies. At new years eve we went up to the roof of the building and we lit and released some of those fire balloons. :D

Fukushima+Daiichi+Plant+-+Aug+11+2011+Cigar+Shaped+Object+Over+Nuclear+Reactors+What+About+A+Japanese+Fire+Balloon+Tradition+Festival+At+Night+Sky+www.RadioactiveChat.Blogspot.com.jpg

Watch Chrimas movies and playing in the snows. :D
Our new year day nowroz is much better beacause it is at beginning of spring and very nice time to journey to north of Iran or south islands.

Lot of cooking as Wifey is away to her sisters wedding :)

back to office today :hitwall:

How dare she ....:D

Not much really. Im in Sweden right now with the family, and we spent holidays watching a lot of movies. At new years eve we went up to the roof of the building and we lit and released some of those fire balloons. :D

Fukushima+Daiichi+Plant+-+Aug+11+2011+Cigar+Shaped+Object+Over+Nuclear+Reactors+What+About+A+Japanese+Fire+Balloon+Tradition+Festival+At+Night+Sky+www.RadioactiveChat.Blogspot.com.jpg

That's really nice, must be nice in Sweden...they have a lot of Palestinians there. :)

Watch Chrimas movies and playing in the snows. :D
Our new year day nowroz is much better beacause it is at beginning of spring and very nice time to journey to north of Iran or south islands.

He he, I don't really care about the actual day or holiday and never did but people regard the day as a day to go out and do something and have resolutions. :)

I am currently at work. Lol! :laughcry:

This has to be one of the most boring countries when it comes to officially celebrating the New Year. Most people celebrate the occasion privately because it's just a regular day over here. Although, there are lots of decorations up for 2014 at my work place if that counts for anything. :lol:

As far as yesterday is concerned, I got to hang out with a couple of friends, spend some time with my family, & wish my relatives & friends abroad a Happy New Year.

:lol: , if I was back in Gaza I wouldn't card less about news years day it would've just been a typical day. But, over there it's fun everyday. :)

Last edited:
:lol: , if I was back in Gaza I wouldn't card less about news years day it would've just been a typical day. But, over there it's fun everyday. :)

Ah, so people don't celebrate the new year in Gaza? I always thought life would have been tough over there due to the constants conflicts.

Back when I was in university, there was a celebration for most international events in existence. That includes the Islamic festivals, Chinese new year, Nowruz, independence days for every nationality studying at the university, etc. Of course, I didn't attend every celebration, just the ones I found interesting. Our batch of students never got a moment's rest anyway. About a month after semester began, there would be a ton of assignments lasting till the period right before examinations. :lol:

I've been with a couple friends all day and watched Anchorman 2 with them...know have them over almost about to kick them out I'm getting sleepy..:D

Nevertheless got what I needed to get done today and thanked The Lord. :)

@al-Hasani @Yzd Khalifa @haman10 @ResurgentIran @Resurrection5782 @Armstrong @Aamna14 @Aeronaut @pak-marine @RescueRanger @Jessica_L@rmi5

@Web Master @Sinan @KAL-EL

I met with GF in the evening, later in the night i visited some reletives than at 23:30 i met with my parents... Family is important :)

Ah, so people don't celebrate the new year in Gaza? I always thought life would have been tough over there due to the constants conflicts.

Back when I was in university, there was a celebration for most international events in existence. That includes the Islamic festivals, Chinese new year, Nowruz, independence days for every nationality studying at the university, etc. Of course, I didn't attend every celebration, just the ones I found interesting. Our batch of students never got a moment's rest anyway. About a month after semester began, there would be a ton of assignments lasting till the period right before examinations. :lol:

They do set off firecrackers and stuff, especially the little kids, firebombs and firecrackers. And some people go out to local parks with family. :)

It's freezing cold there now for them and they aren't used to it so most people stay at home. :)

Back
Top Bottom