What's new

What have you done for New Year's Day?

Happy New Year...me was in Brussels we went to see the fireworks display...man that was packed and then someone showered the people in front of me with champagne :sick: I could smell that yucky sticky stuff in the air...and then there were some pick pocketers, some crying blonde ladies with guys calming her...lots to see...was interesting as I am always in doors on new years eve but that night was new :P

Typical New Years scene. :lol: :)

We basically celebrated new year by cutting the cakes.

1185477_629113690487468_2035049119_n.jpg

1505234_629113603820810_1109766565_n.jpg

The problem is The instructor is Arbi and I'm Pakistani :D

The whole test is for 1-2 minutes and they are consistently failing me for 5 mistakes. Concentration during driving, control of vehicle, changing lane and looking at mirror ( Rear & left mirror both look). Follow traffic rules and signs, Maintaining suitable speed ( always drive 5-8 KM less than proscribed road speed) and I'm pretty 99.99 % darn sure , I do all these things but they can't stand my swag, that's the problem :P

You should see the driving tests here in Lahore - When I went for mine...another guy was being asked to reverse his car as part of his test & in doing so he ended up reversing over 2-3 of those orange plastic traffic cones they have & he didn't stop till they were reduced to bits & pieces ! :lol:

Still he passed the test ! :blink:

Apparently knowing someone has its advantages ! :D

What Did I do for New Year? Worked through the night, today marks 3 years without smoking :D

Here is a Picture of my New Year toy, It was a bargain at 5,000 rupees.

2ngai34.jpg

5dw39u.jpg

Happy New Year :D

3 years without smoking - Good....good ! :tup:

So is the vest for when Bhabi is a bit angry at you for forgetting her Birthday or the Wedding Anniversary & she takes a shot at you with a .303 ! :lol:

Actually nothing big. The day started as any other. Basically I have been preparing for my exam that will take place tomorrow (2 January) and from 22.00 until 03.00 I spent the time with the international students here in Copenhagen, mostly Muslim ones. Nothing wild. Some of the non-Muslims were drinking a little bit of alcohol but nothing outrageous. I obviously declined politely but had a little bit of fun nevertheless. We also watched the firework in action in the center and met some other students from across the world that we had never met.

Other than that I was wishing relatives and friends back home a happy new year and I talked with my parents and some of my siblings for about 30 minutes and with my dear grandfather and grandmother for 10 minutes.

Now it's 03.49 am here and I am about to sleep but I will maybe do some reading before I go to sleep although it is very doubtful.

So nothing wild but not that bad either. The only thing that annoys me is the exam I have to think about constantly. I just don't understand why the exam needs to take place at 10.00 am the 2 of January!

Well, obviously celebrating New Years Eve is a bigger thing here in Copenhagen/West than back home.

Many people have gone crazy/wild in the streets and the nightclubs/bars.:D

At least the weather is/was not that cold. 6 ° is not bad for this city in this time of the year.

Oh come on don't tell me that you still haven't mustered up the courage to finally ask that cute Dutch lady out that you have a massive crush over ! :hitwall:

@Yzd Khalifa @Arabian Legend - Are you sure this guy is one of us ? :disagree:

We're like the Don Juans & Casanovas of Asia & this - our brother - is embarrassing us with his lack of womanizing abilities ! :mad:

Last edited:
Would love to say I did something exciting today, but I didn't :lol: Basically just been chillaxin for the most part. Plan to ring in the new year and watch the ball drop at Times Square (I'm EST time) with few good friends, some good food, and drink. :dance3:

Happy New Year to you and yours @Hazzy997 & everyone else :partay:

You could've taken Lois Lane out at a nice place for Dinner ! :disagree:

You're embarrassing the Super-Hero fraternity here with your lack of courage - Just ask the lady out for godsake ! :hitwall:

You could've taken Lois Lane out at a nice place for Dinner ! :disagree:

You're embarrassing the Super-Hero fraternity here with your lack of courage - Just ask the lady out for godsake ! :hitwall:

More times then not, Lois prefers a chillaxing night at home more then going out. it gets her creative juices flowing :cool:

Last edited:
You should see the driving tests here in Lahore - When I went for mine...another guy was being asked to reverse his car as part of his test & in doing so he ended up reversing over 2-3 of those orange plastic traffic cones they have & he didn't stop till they were reduced to bits & pieces ! :lol:

Still he passed the test ! :blink:

Apparently knowing someone has its advantages ! :D

3 years without smoking - Good....good ! :tup:

So is the vest for when Bhabi is a bit angry at you for forgetting her Birthday or the Wedding Anniversary & she takes a shot at you with a .303 ! :lol:

Oh come on don't tell me that you still haven't mustered up the courage to finally ask that cute Dutch lady out that you have a massive crush over ! :hitwall:

@Yzd Khalifa @Arabian Legend - Are you sure this guy is one of us ? :disagree:

We're like the Don Juans & Casanovas of Asia & this - our brother - is embarrassing us with his lack of womanizing abilities ! :mad:

You are such a gullible Pakistani. My neighbour in Pakistan got his driving license within a week without giving any driving test. :lol:

We basically celebrated new year by cutting the cakes.

1185477_629113690487468_2035049119_n.jpg

1505234_629113603820810_1109766565_n.jpg

I can bet my guts, second cake is from Gourmet Bakery :D

I went to sleep....:lol:

Driving is easy.

The secret is to think nothing :D

Don't rub salt on my Driving skills, I can drive ALTO on two tires :D

The problem is secret of passing a driving test (knowing how to satisfy the Police officer :/)

Back
Top Bottom