What's new

We don't view PKK or YPG as terrorists, Russia says: Report

Come on man,the real reason was the Soviet Union,Stalin wanted the Straights,we had to pick a side,either the Soviet Union or the West.
We werent strong enough to stay ''neutral''.

You don't have to be strong to stay neutral, see the swiss. Turkey could have played both sides against each other, but instead we became lackeys of US and Europe which stunted our growth. S.Korea passed us two fold in every sector.

Remember when the West wanted the straits and to divide Turkey, who provided arms ? The Russians.

You don't have to be strong to stay neutral, see the swiss. Turkey could have played both sides against each other, but instead we became lackeys of US and Europe which stunted our growth. S.Korea passed us two fold in every sector.
Switzerland is situated at a mountaines region with no strategic value,Turkiye on the other hand is of great strategic importance for the region,not comparable.
Remember when the West wanted the straits and to divide Turkey, who provided arms ? The Russians.
If Lenin(or someone like him) was still the leader of the Soviet Union,we could have stayed neutral but with the nutcase Stalin,it became a different story,we didnt really have a choice.

Switzerland is situated at a mountaines region with no strategic value,Turkiye on the other hand is of great strategic importance for the region,not comparable.

If Lenin(or someone like him) was still the leader of the Soviet Union,we could have stayed neutral but with the nutcase Stalin,it became a different story,we didnt really have a choice.

We have opposing opinions and I guess we are steadfast, so let's agree to disagree and move on :)

You don't have to be strong to stay neutral, see the swiss.
Well they were and are strong. There is a reason Nazi Germany didn't invade it. They knew they couldn't so they tried to make them dependent on themselves financially instead.

Still today every Swiss family possess assault rifles in their homes. Learning to use them is mandatory for everyone.

They didn't do it out of goodwill. They did it to make sure straits wouldn't fall into the hands of Europeans.

I mean come on, this one is too obvious.

Lets see what kind of comment those people give on this.

I'm not really one of those people....but if I was :
-PKK is considerated a terrorist organisation by US and yet they don't hesite to arm PKK's syrian branch YPG.
-If Turkey go with Russia, I'm sure Russia would change their view about PKK after all if US still continue to offically call PKK terrorist is only because they don't want to lose Turkey like Nato allied.

Back
Top Bottom