What's new

We don't view PKK or YPG as terrorists, Russia says: Report

T-123456

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
upload_2017-2-9_13-42-7.png

Russian Foreign Ministry official Aleksandr Botsan-Harshenko has said they did not see the outlawed Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) and the Syrian Kurdish People’s Protection Units (YPG) as terrorist organizations.

According to the Sputnik's Turkish site, Botsan-Harshenko, speaking to Russian press, said, "These organizations are not officially on the list of terrorists in Russia.

"Besides, we consider every concrete case as terrorist acts depending on the results of the investigation of the crime level of the agents," he said

February/09/2017
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/we...port.aspx?pageID=238&nID=109533&NewsCatID=353

Yet some people in Turkey wet their pants while thinking of how we must leave NATO for an alliance with Russia...

Turkey should have never joined any Alliance, what we are experiencing right now is because of these alliances.

Turkey should have never joined any Alliance, what we are experiencing right now is because of these alliances.
In those days,if we hadnt joined NATO we would have been in a different situation now,you might think of Stalin.

So what? We have the exact same opinion about many separatist organisations in Russia, i.e. Chechen or Tatar groups. What's so surprising about this statement? There is a mutual understanding that Russia doesn't support PKK and Turkey won't interfere in Russian internal affairs in exchange.

Ankara and Moscow are working on the basis of partially shared interests. Whoever expects that Turkey is leaving Nato in favour of becoming Russia's junior partner is a fool. This is geopolitics. Besides, we all know that in a long term perspective PKK can't be an ally of Russia if the Russians want face a Turkish-Iranian-Arab front. That's why PKK is trying to have good relations with both, Russia and the US. I wouldn't attache much importance to this statement.

Last edited:
So what? We have the exact same opinion about many separatist organisations in Russia, i.e. Chechen or Tatar groups. What's so surprising about this statement? There is a mutual understanding that Russia doesn't support PKK and Turkey won't interfere in Russian internal affairs in exchange.

Ankara and Moscow are working on the basis of partially shared interests. Whoever expects that Turkey is leaving Nato in favour of becoming Russia's junior partner is a fool. This is geopolitics. Besides, we all know that in a long term perspective PKK can't be an ally of Russia if the Russians won't face a Turkish-Iranian-Arab front. That's why PKK is trying to have a good relation with both, Russia and the US. I wouldn't attache much importance to this statement.
What a load of crap.
When did we ever in an official statement say that we dont consider the Chechen or Tatar groups as terrorists?
Erdogan and Putin are ''friends'',why would you do that to a friend?
What could the national political consequences be for your so called friend?
You state that PKK is trying to have good relations with both the US and Russia,what else should the PKK do?
Its not about what the PKK does but what Russia does,who cares about the PKKs political actions?

Ankara and Moscow are working on the basis of partially shared interests. Whoever expects that Turkey is leaving Nato in favour of becoming Russia's junior partner is a fool. This is geopolitics. Besides, we all know that in a long term perspective PKK can't be an ally of Russia if the Russians won't face a Turkish-Iranian-Arab front. That's why PKK is trying to have good relations with both, Russia and the US. I wouldn't attache much importance to this statement.
How do you know Russia don't support pkk? Did you see the anti air weapons and anti tank captured from pkk recently. All Russian made that haven't been seen before.

and we dont see chechen as terrorists.. :)

what now? :)

Well, l see Chechens as terrorists.

They did 2 suicide bombings in Turkey just last year.

Oh and lets not forget they also fight against our soldiers in El-Bab right now.

How do you know Russia don't support pkk? Did you see the anti air weapons and anti tank captured from pkk recently. All Russian made that haven't been seen before.

Please, İSİS has Russian, American, Turkish and European made weapons in its inventory. Possession of a certain kind of weapon is no proof for getting support from a specific state in this complicated war. Weapons are circulating in Syria like money in other countries.

How come that Chechen separatists are living free in Turkey? İs this a proof of Turkish support for an independent Chechen state? Are we supporting them? The answer is clear: no, we aren't.

Guys, you're too emotional here.

Well, l see Chechens as terrorists.

They did 2 suicide bombings in Turkey just last year.

Oh and lets not forget they also fight against our soldiers in El-Bab right now.

you really didnt get what I wrote.. :disagree:

and you are so right.. I didnt see that.. let me excuse myself for my error..

you mean those chechen ppl in occupied land are the same ppl who did a supposed IS terrorist attack in turkey? so than pls call all kurds in turkey terrorist that would be the same logic of yours..

they supported pkk and they will support them in the future.. that is the nature of that ppl from the west or let us say kuffar :)

Ankara and Moscow are working on the basis of partially shared interests. Whoever expects that Turkey is leaving Nato in favour of becoming Russia's junior partner is a fool. This is geopolitics. Besides, we all know that in a long term perspective PKK can't be an ally of Russia if the Russians want face a Turkish-Iranian-Arab front. That's why PKK is trying to have good relations with both, Russia and the US. I wouldn't attache much importance to this statement.
I wouldnt take such statement coming out of nowhere, while the relations were ''warming up'', too lightly.
First the accidental bombing of Turkish soldiers and now this, seems like Putin doesnt care enough about improving the relations to prevent such mishaps.

I wouldnt take such statement coming out of nowhere, while the relations were ''warming up'', too lightly.
First the accidental bombing of Turkish soldiers and now this, seems like Putin doesnt care enough about improving the relations to prevent such mishaps.

It was the other way around.

Back
Top Bottom