What's new

Vietnam ordered stealth destroyers P28 of India

I've heard the P-15Bs are 10% heavier than the P-15A (they will house more weaponry).
AFAIK
It is confirmed
7400 tonnes vs 7400/7450 tonnes
4x8-cell VLS for 32 Barak 8 vs 3×16-cell VLS for 48 Barak 8
2×8-cell UVLM for 16 BrahMos vs 4x8-cell UVLM for 32 BrahMos
76 mm gun Oto Melara SRGM vs 127 mm gun Oto Melara SRGM
325(P15A) vs 300(P15B) crews.
8,000 nautical miles (15,000 km) vs 4,000 nautical miles (7,400 km) range(Not sure about it), why should IN decrease this much range.
Remaining major improvements will be in stealth features & sensors.

Win win for Israel,India and Vietnam.India already produce Naval grade steel and design our Warships of 8000 Ton.

Israel,no doubt is among the world leader in Radar and SAM etc.Kolkata class is a fine example Indo Israel Naval collaboration.

Moreover,Vietnamese Submariners,Armor crew already train with Indians.

Vietnam is our greatest ally in South East Asia and ASEAN.

good to see your posts after long time.how you doing mate?
I am alright. Blessed with a beautiful wife, a sweet baby and a new flat in Mumbai. What more can a person wish for!!!

Flank speed is faster than fast speed. It is literally the fastest seep the ship is possible to go. Its only used during emergency operations.

During flight operations an aircraft carrier has to keep about 30 kts to for flight deck operations to increase wind over deck to provide safe minimum for aircraft's.
Both points are correct. And no flank speed can be used anytime but captain has to take fuel also in consideration as it's fuel gezzelling at flank speed. Basically why I am saying a Kamorta boat can't match CBG because it has no gas based power generation turbines. It is only CODAD while frigates and destroyers are CODAG or other kid of propulsion system based boats. There is a trade-off while selecting the power system.

There are only rumors about that and too many, nothing is clear, but looking at all this new activity with India, I would not be surprised if VN goes for Tejas, it does fit the bill for the MIG-21.

That would be nice, but I don't know where VN will get the money for that, but lets not forget that they mentioned project 28.

India must've given soft loan to Vietnam to procure these ships. If the news is true, I will expect Vietnam to receive the ships along with Brahmos and maybe even the Barak SAMs.

It wouldn't make sense to buy Rafales cause it will be too expensive for them, One can expect LCA to be the front runner.
Also there has been news that there are 2 countries looking into LCA. Sri Lanka can be 1 and Vietnam can be the other.

When all the other countries backed away from exploring and drilling in South China Sea it was India that stood by Vietnam. It's time Vietnam stand by your friend, India.

Wro
Vietnam ordered stealth destroyers P28 of India
January 9, 2016 Vietnam ordered stealth destroyers P28 of India

Vietnam and India have reached agreement on the India will sell for Vietnam six modern stealth destroyer named P28.

Vietnam and India’s recent military cooperative relationship are tighter than ever. The result of that relationship is that Vietnam has achieved with India 1 agreement to purchase six modern stealth destroyers P28.

With the purchase of 6 stealth destroyer P28, this is the largest weapons buying contracts in the history of Vietnam’s army. But the information does not indicate the value of the contract, delivery times, etc.

The image of the modern stealth destroyers P28 in the shipyards of India
Stealth destroyer P28 Indian armament production extremely modern, typical of them is missile missile Barak, this combination can intercept target missiles just seconds after leaving the launch pad.

Barak missile missile is considered one of the most advanced missile in the world. In addition, P28 also carry about 16 fastest cruise missile Brahmos world.

Capable of anti-submarine destroyers are also very powerful with the RBU-6000 anti-submarine bombs SMERCH-2. Along with the other weapons as 1 Oto Melara Super Rapid Gun gunboat 76 mm cannon system, 4 AK-630 close combat of Russia and mm machine gun.

Besides, the destroyer also owns the radar reconnaissance system multifunction MF-STAR EL/M-2248 by IAI-Elta designed likely navigate to 32 Barak anti-aircraft missile. The missile was developed in 2006, the successful firing of the missile in Israel in November 2014, with 170 km of operational Radar MF-STAR has the ability to simultaneously track multiple targets at the same time on the sea in 125 km and far range combat aircraft at a distance of 350 km maximum.

In addition, the new ships are also equipped with radar for aerial reconnaissance of the IAI-Elta EL/M-2238 with S band range and aerial search radar Thales LW-08 D-band range.

Vietnam possesses the kind of missile on naval power, Vietnam will increase dramatically.

With the destroyers P28, Gepard 3.9, submarine Kilos, 1241-class ships. They will become the backbone of Vietnam’s Navy in the future.

Wrong picture. This could be our our shivalik class frigate specially modified for Vietnam. Or India alone or along with aid from Japan. Vietnam is about to tilt the table in SCS. Good development.....

If true what's more interesting? India is about to enter elite club of defence exporters. And it's gonna be huge step in this front as aggressive diplomacy market with good defence equipment will give China run for its money.

India has very clear idea on how to deal with China. As of now China has upper hand as they keep arming Pakistan. Now India will have level playing ground with China Pakistan defence deals once we open up our defence systems to all SCS countries. Vietnam is just baby step and ohhh very mean ;) indeed.

Cripple China operation already underway

Both points are correct. And no flank speed can be used anytime but captain has to take fuel also in consideration as it's fuel gezzelling at flank speed. Basically why I am saying a Kamorta boat can't match CBG because it has no gas based power generation turbines. It is only CODAD while frigates and destroyers are CODAG or other kid of propulsion system based boats. There is a trade-off while selecting the power system.

Of course I am right, but it also means you were and am still wrong.

Flank speed is not used except in case of emergency because the system load is far too high.

The speed of a ship has nothing to do with what kind of drive it has or what kind of engine it has, it has everything to do with what kind of power it generates.

Vikramadiya has old fashioned huge boilers and Vikrant has gas turbines, but Viki will go much faster than vikrant because it has that much more power.

Finally there are trade off's while selecting everything, not just the power systems.

Of course I am right, but it also means you were and am still wrong.

Flank speed is not used except in case of emergency because the system load is far too high.

The speed of a ship has nothing to do with what kind of drive it has or what kind of engine it has, it has everything to do with what kind of power it generates.

Vikramadiya has old fashioned huge boilers and Vikrant has gas turbines, but Viki will go much faster than vikrant because it has that much more power.

Finally there are trade off's while selecting everything, not just the power systems.
Perhaps you need to study types of power system used in marine boats, otherwise you wouldn't talk like that.

India must've given soft loan to Vietnam to procure these ships. If the news is true, I will expect Vietnam to receive the ships along with Brahmos and maybe even the Barak SAMs.

It wouldn't make sense to buy Rafales cause it will be too expensive for them, One can expect LCA to be the front runner.
Also there has been news that there are 2 countries looking into LCA. Sri Lanka can be 1 and Vietnam can be the other.

When all the other countries backed away from exploring and drilling in South China Sea it was India that stood by Vietnam. It's time Vietnam stand by your friend, India.

Yes, a loan is very possible.

I agree that the Rafales are a bit too expensive for Vietnam, I wonder if there is any way that VN can get a better deal as a consequence of India's recent agreement with France.

The 2 countries interested in the LCA are Sri Lanka and Egypt.

I don't think there is an issue when it comes to Vietnam standing by India, I think Vietnam has been very willing and I know they've been waiting a long time for India to agree to sell Brahmos, etc.

This is a good news............. for China! :china:

India is famous of making ships and missiles... :omghaha: :omghaha: :rofl:

I can see India's above PowerPoint graphics are better than ever... :rofl:

... what's Vietnam's average IQ btw?

India is famous of making ships and missiles... :omghaha: :omghaha: :rofl:
It's making a name for itself slowly but surely. The P-28 is ideal for the VN (with modifcations for their needs) and in missile tech India is getting there (the Brahmos and BARAK-8 are amongst the very best in their respective classes).

I can assure you that the Chinese aren't going to be so flippant if the Brahmos is introduced into the SCS.

I can see India's above PowerPoint graphics are better than ever... :rofl:
Is this a powerpoint:

Kamorta_1.JPG

How about this:

IMG_7772.JPG

Last edited:
This news is interesting in light of the fact that the Phillipines are in final talsk with India for a modified version of the P-28 for their next generation frigate requirement.
Indian Navy is very bold and we'll equipped to spread our clout beyond our reach. Phillipines, Vietnam Thailand Indonesia are the countries who could be our future longterm customers. As we are ready to provide soft loans
Small pocket destroyers bro, don't think too much, lets get confirmation first.
Haha true.. First let's confirm. But if this news is true. Vietnam Navy is about to tilt power balance in scs. Barak and bramose = Badass firepower for any Navy in the world. Barak 8 range actually extended to 90+km at sea this kind of long range gives us massive advantage, Real capabilities of brahmos known only to Russia and India. Different flight characteristics different range with different payload... advantage of surprise and enemies have to lock and fire beyond 350-300 km and now check which anti ship missile used by china's best destroyer and frigates. Brahmos is much feared missile at sea even by US.Chinese ship defence easily be breached by this missile. Less reaction time and hard to destroy. Hope this story is true.

It's a gateway for more Indo Vietnam defence deal.

Win win for Israel,India and Vietnam.India already produce Naval grade steel and design our Warships of 8000 Ton.

Israel,no doubt is among the world leader in Radar and SAM etc.Kolkata class is a fine example Indo Israel Naval collaboration.

Moreover,Vietnamese Submariners,Armor crew already train with Indians.

Vietnam is our greatest ally in South East Asia and ASEAN.

Massive development if true

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom