What's new

Vietnam ordered stealth destroyers P28 of India

Carlosa

Reaction score
Country
Spain
January 9, 2016 Vietnam ordered stealth destroyers P28 of India

Vietnam and India have reached agreement that India will sell for Vietnam six modern stealth destroyer named P28.

Vietnam and India’s recent military cooperative relationship are tighter than ever. The result of that relationship is that Vietnam has achieved with India 1 agreement to purchase six modern stealth destroyers P28.

With the purchase of 6 stealth destroyer P28, this is the largest weapons buying contracts in the history of Vietnam’s army. But the information does not indicate the value of the contract, delivery times, etc.

The image of the modern stealth destroyers P28 in the shipyards of India
Stealth destroyer P28 Indian armament production extremely modern, typical of them is missile missile Barak, this combination can intercept target missiles just seconds after leaving the launch pad.

Barak missile missile is considered one of the most advanced missile in the world. In addition, P28 also carry about 16 fastest cruise missile Brahmos world.

Capable of anti-submarine destroyers are also very powerful with the RBU-6000 anti-submarine bombs SMERCH-2. Along with the other weapons as 1 Oto Melara Super Rapid Gun gunboat 76 mm cannon system, 4 AK-630 close combat of Russia and mm machine gun.

Besides, the destroyer also owns the radar reconnaissance system multifunction MF-STAR EL/M-2248 by IAI-Elta designed likely navigate to 32 Barak anti-aircraft missile. The missile was developed in 2006, the successful firing of the missile in Israel in November 2014, with 170 km of operational Radar MF-STAR has the ability to simultaneously track multiple targets at the same time on the sea in 125 km and far range combat aircraft at a distance of 350 km maximum.

In addition, the new ships are also equipped with radar for aerial reconnaissance of the IAI-Elta EL/M-2238 with S band range and aerial search radar Thales LW-08 D-band range.

Vietnam possesses the kind of missile on naval power, Vietnam will increase dramatically.

With the destroyers P28, Gepard 3.9, submarine Kilos, 1241-class ships. They will become the backbone of Vietnam’s Navy in the future.

Last edited:
January 9, 2016 Admin 0 Comment Vietnam ordered stealth destroyers P28 of India

Vietnam and India have reached agreement on the India will sell for Vietnam six modern stealth destroyer named P28.

Vietnam and India’s recent military cooperative relationship are tighter than ever. The result of that relationship is that Vietnam has achieved with India 1 agreement to purchase six modern stealth destroyers P28.

With the purchase of 6 stealth destroyer P28, this is the largest weapons buying contracts in the history of Vietnam’s army. But the information does not indicate the value of the contract, delivery times, etc.

Stealth destroyer P28 Indian armament production extremely modern, typical of them is missile missile Barak, this combination can intercept target missiles just seconds after leaving the launch pad.

Barak missile missile is considered one of the most advanced missile in the world. In addition, P28 also carry about 16 fastest cruise missile Brahmos world.

Capable of anti-submarine destroyers are also very powerful with the RBU-6000 anti-submarine bombs SMERCH-2. Along with the other weapons as 1 Oto Melara Super Rapid Gun gunboat 76 mm cannon system, 4 AK-630 close combat of Russia and mm machine gun.

Besides, the destroyer also owns the radar reconnaissance system multifunction MF-STAR EL/M-2248 by IAI-Elta designed likely navigate to 32 Barak anti-aircraft missile. The missile was developed in 2006, the successful firing of the missile in Israel in November 2014, with 170 km of operational Radar MF-STAR has the ability to simultaneously track multiple targets at the same time on the sea in 125 km and far range combat aircraft at a distance of 350 km maximum.

In addition, the new ships are also equipped with radar for aerial reconnaissance of the IAI-Elta EL/M-2238 with S band range and aerial search radar Thales LW-08 D-band range.

Vietnam possesses the kind of missile on naval power, Vietnam will increase dramatically.

With the destroyers, P28, Gepard 3.9, Sigma, submarine Kilos, 1241-class ships. They will become the backbone of Vietnam’s Navy in the future.

Very good news to hear about this again. I hope this is for real and up to date because this story broke on May 2012 and then we didn't hear anything about them again. I still have the old articles of that time saved, it was also for 6 ships.. I used to post a lot of material about this on the other forum.

These are the Kamorta class ships, they are not destroyers, but frigates. In the Indian Navy they are known as corvettes. They are good ASW ships, but the version for India doesn't have anti ship missiles, so that will need to be modified for Vietnam.

A simpler version of the Kamorta-class might also be selected for the Philippines.

Have to wait for more details and confirmation of the weapon systems.

Did anybody hear about this? @PARIKRAMA etc, do you know anything about this?

Very good news to hear about this again. I hope this is for real and up to date because this story broke on May 2012 and then we didn't hear anything about them again. I still have the old articles of that time saved, it was also for 6 ships.. I used to post a lot of material about this on the other forum.

These are the Kamorta class ships, they are not destroyers, but frigates. In the Indian Navy they are known as corvettes. They are good ASW ships, but the version for India doesn't have anti ship missiles, so that will need to be modified for Vietnam.

A simpler version of the Kamorta-class might also be selected for the Philippines.

Have to wait for more details and confirmation of the weapon systems.

Did anybody hear about this? @PARIKRAMA etc, do you know anything about this?

1. Can you confirm, that Vietnam is negotiation for 12 units of either Rafale or Gripen.

2. When are you thinking of replacement of MIG-21 from your airforce, and how do you rate LCA Tejas as the replacement of MIG-21.

January 9, 2016 Admin 0 Comment Vietnam ordered stealth destroyers P28 of India

Vietnam and India have reached agreement on the India will sell for Vietnam six modern stealth destroyer named P28.

With the destroyers, P28, Gepard 3.9, Sigma, submarine Kilos, 1241-class ships. They will become the backbone of Vietnam’s Navy in the future.
The P-28 isn't a destroyer nor does it have the EL/M 2248 MF-STAR, Brahmos, LW-08 or BARAK SAMs. I think there is some confusion between the P-28 and P-15A.

The P-28 is a dedicated ASW corvette.

Can you confirm, that Vietnam is negotiation for 12 units of either Rafale or Gripen.

There is an article from Reuters that Vietnam is negotiating to buy 12 Rafales, but good luck trying to confirm any weapon purchases about Vietnam, they rarely announce anything, everything is secretive.

I find it very interesting that the Rafale story broke right after India confirmed that the Rafale deal is basically a done deal. Furthermore, we got an article a few days ago about India saying that there will be a Brahmos contract before the end of the year and now the Kamorta ships, SOMETHING IS GOING ON.

P-28:
IMG_7559.JPG

P-15A:

DSC_0035.JPG

There's MASSIVE difference (nearly double the size and about 3 times the cost).

The P-28 isn't a destroyer nor does it have the EL/M 2248 MF-STAR, Brahmos, LW-08 or BARAK SAMs. I think there is some confusion between the P-28 and P-15A.

The P-28 is a dedicated ASW corvette.

Yes, I know, but that's what the article says and that information was not mentioned 4 years ago, so this is what the version for Vietnam will have or I don't know where that comes from.

2. When are you thinking of replacement of MIG-21 from your airforce, and how do you rate LCA Tejas as the replacement of MIG-21.

There are only rumors about that and too many, nothing is clear, but looking at all this new activity with India, I would not be surprised if VN goes for Tejas, it does fit the bill for the MIG-21.

Wow. This is Amazing.

This could be the Modified Project 17A frigate with a displacement of 6,500 tons. Maybe 7000 tons.

CCtZ5PhUEAADkNr.jpg

That would be nice, but I don't know where VN will get the money for that, but lets not forget that they mentioned project 28.

That would be nice, but I don't know where VN will get the money for that, but lets not forget that they mentioned project 28.

Good Point. Israel has a Sa'ar Covette with a crew of only 71, their weaponry and speed are almost comparable to that of a frigate. They are equipped with sonar, torpedoes, missile launchers, electronic warfare capabilities and decoys, a gun mount, and a helipad and helicopter hangar.

Not to mention they have MF STAR and Barak 8 for protection.

It is possible that the new ship will be a combination of P28 and Sa'ar covette. That would be ideal for Vietnam.

Israeli_Navy_Saar_5_class_corvette_AI%20ELM-2248_MF-STAR_AESA_radar.jpg

Wow. This is Amazing.

This could be the Modified Project 17A frigate with a displacement of 6,500 tons. Maybe 7000 tons.

CCtZ5PhUEAADkNr.jpg
That picture is of the P-15B class Destroyer (under construction) that will displace >8,000 tons, the P-17A are frigates based on the Shivlaik class:

bharatastra%2Bp17a.jpg

You put MF-STAR (EL/M-2248) on a P 28 along with Barak 8 and 8 Brahmos , it is going to be deadly.

I am fairly certain, that is how it will play out.

There is an article from Reuters that Vietnam is negotiating to buy 12 Rafales, but good luck trying to confirm any weapon purchases about Vietnam, they rarely announce anything, everything is secretive.

I find it very interesting that the Rafale story broke right after India confirmed that the Rafale deal is basically a done deal. Furthermore, we got an article a few days ago about India saying that there will be a Brahmos contract before the end of the year and now the Kamorta ships, SOMETHING IS GOING ON.
This news is interesting in light of the fact that the Phillipines are in final talsk with India for a modified version of the P-28 for their next generation frigate requirement.

Back
Top Bottom