What's new

Brand New Indian Anti-Submarine Warships Begin Service Next Month

Give Mods a break dear. I've spent an hour cleaning up a thread about Kashmir & abolition of Article 370. I could be here 24/7 and still people will be unhappy. I have not taken a look at the whole of the thread. I just looked at the post you brought to my notice.

It is not my job to ban people left and right. That would leave precious few on PDF. Many posters here have matured over time. If mods were over-strict, they would not have lasted at all. We are here to regulate discussion, not monopolize it or throttle it.
Sir,atleast you can put forward some new rules like new members should not be allowed to post any thread till his total post cross 500.

I'm not sure if it is the same post that you are talking about, but one post on the previous page says that the Indian Navy is "worse than dog shit". How is such language not infraction-worthy, and why is it still kept there?

Besides, why is there so much dick measuring with PLAN? Aren't all those posts off topic? Please ask them to post about PLAN in the China section, not the Indian section. This news is too important to be drowned in a measuring contest.

Check out post #76 above.

Sir,atleast you can put forward some new rules like new members should not be allowed to post any thread till his total post cross 500.

That is a good suggestion. Better bring it to the notice of Administrators in GHQ section.

By modern standards, P28 is too small to even be considered a frigate so do not fool yourself. P28 has inferior sensors and has very low endurance (3,500 nautical miles) compared to a modern frigate. With such low range, P28 is predominately designed for littoral warfare.
Who is calling it a frigate??

At more than 3,000 tonnes fully loaded it is larger than your alternative (Type 056) with a longer endurance.

Give Mods a break dear. I've spent an hour cleaning up a thread about Kashmir & abolition of Article 370. I could be here 24/7 and still people will be unhappy. I have not taken a look at the whole of the thread. I just looked at the post you brought to my notice.

It is not my job to ban people left and right. That would leave precious few on PDF. Many posters here have matured over time. If mods were over-strict, they would not have lasted at all. We are here to regulate discussion, not monopolize it or throttle it.

The job of the Mods here is not easy to start with and there is no justification for us to make it worse.
Most of all; I respect your POV not to wield the "Ban Srord" indiscriminately. It speaks very well of your measured and matured approach to your duties. :tup:
But do consider the "Thread Ban" approach. When @Oscar mooted it; I was sceptical. But I now do feel that it did have a positive fallout. That is only my opinion please.
Anyway, let us all work together collectively to achieve the objectives that the Forum set out to achieve.

*********************** We have over 70 destroyers and frigates compared to your 23! :haha:

We are building 12 Type 052D destroyers which are 7,500 tons and equipped with AEGIS type air-defense. India has so far only built 3 Kolkata class destroyers, equipped with the shitty Barak 8 missiles (poor range and low speed). Even a Harpoon missile could get past Barak 8. :rofl:

The PLAN is also going to build the 10,000 - 12,000+ ton Type 055 destroyer! They will be one of the largest and most powerful destroyers in the world. The PLAN is likely to order at least 20 or 30 of them.

So you poor people can laugh now about the P28 being bigger than the Type 056 corvette, but remember, we have so many more ships than you, and we are building far far far bigger destroyers than you are!:dance3:

What is more important, a big corvette or a big destroyer? :coffee:

Indian Navy is lower than dog shit. Even Italy has a more modern and powerful navy than India.:omghaha:

Type 055 will be inferior to P15B and Arleigh Burke Flt III.

Flt III will be the best warship of them all 10000 - 11000 tons.
P 15B same tonnage but not as good sensors or weapons.

China is known for it's junk. Shit like the Ming class submarines are famous for their underwater activities.

Barak 8 can stop a mach 3+ missile skimming 10 metres above sea level or below less than 500m away from ship. Your HHQ 9 cannot even stop a Maach 2 missile in sea skimming mode. Your Chinese sea ram can stop only mach 1.6 missiles.

Chinese submarine 361 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Were'nt the Chinese the first to call their ships "Junk"? :rofl: :pleasantry::rofl:

Check out post #76 above.
You are wrong in what you wrote there in your edit. The measuring and comparing and even trolling began way before that, and that poster was only pointing it out, and rightly so. Posts 60 to 70 are all about PLAN and needless comparisons, which don't belong in this thread. And post #70 had this gem from the same user I complained to you about:

Only a very small number of P28 corvettes will be built. :haha:

Anyway, Indian Navy submarines explode by themselves (Sindhurakshak), so maybe the PLAN doesn't even need the Type 056? :sarcastic:

It was after all these posts that the fellow you berated in post #73 said what he said, and you attributed/excused any future Chinese trolling in future to that post, although trolling by Chinese members had begun way before that post. And that poster only made fun of Chinese doing a measuring contest here, which was factually true - he did not insult the Chinese navy as some Chinese posters have been doing to the IN. It is a case of confirmation bias that you berate that Indian and don't see the worse offences from the Chinese member before and after the post.

And the same Chinese poster's comment about Indian navy being "worse than dog shit" still stands.

How many weeks will I be banned for, if I paste the specs of MKI and mig-29 all over the JF-17 thread, and then go on to say that the PAF is "worse than dog shit"?

I understand that your job is not easy; however, I feel that it would help your job if we were to point out obvious bias, which is why I am doing it. We are also reporting these things to you in the interest of the forum, not simply because we are unhappy with you.

China is known for it's junk. Shit like the Ming class submarines are famous for their underwater activities.

Barak 8 can stop a mach 3+ missile skimming 10 metres above sea level or below less than 500m away from ship. Your HHQ 9 cannot even stop a Maach 2 missile in sea skimming mode. Your Chinese sea ram can stop only mach 1.6 missiles.

Were'nt the Chinese the first to call their ships "Junk"? :rofl: :pleasantry::rofl:
just now I said no making fun of tragedy ! there is no humour in that !

Who is calling it a frigate??

At more than 3,000 tonnes fully loaded it is larger than your alternative (Type 056) with a longer endurance.

Actually, the endurance of the P28 and Type 056 is both 3,500 nautical miles.

P 15B will be 8,000 tonnes max.

There is no missile in the world that can travel at Mach 3+ while sea skimming. The Mach 3 speed refers to high altitude only! At sea skimming altitude, both BrahMos and Yakhont have a maximum speed of around Mach 1.8. The same goes for all high-end supersonic anti-ship missiles, even Chinese ones.

Barak 8 is rubbish. Maximum speed of only Mach 2 is too slow, especially for cross interception in wide area defence roles. :omghaha:

Barak 8 also has very low range, only 70 km!

The HHQ-9 is a true anti-air missile with 150+ km range from VLS and maximum speed of Mach 4+.

HHQ-9 is in the same category as the American RIM-174 or the British/French Aster 30! :china:

You are wrong in what you wrote there in your edit. The measuring and comparing and even trolling began way before that, and that poster was only pointing it out, and rightly so. Posts 60 to 70 are all about PLAN and needless comparisons, which don't belong in this thread. And post #70 had this gem from the same user I complained to you about:

Disagree. The Indian poster in question has been scattering pearls like that. Chinese and Indians (and Indians and Pakistanis for that matter) often get into contests. It takes one post to up the ante significantly for a serious troll exchange to start. In my view that was the post that did the trick. Mind you, I have gone through all of the thread.

It was after all these posts that the fellow you berated in post #73 said what he said, and you attributed/excused any future Chinese trolling in future to that post, although trolling by Chinese members had begun way before that post. And that poster only made fun of Chinese doing a measuring contest here, which was factually true - he did not insult the Chinese navy as some Chinese posters have been doing to the IN. It is a case of confirmation bias that you berate that Indian and don't see the worse offences from the Chinese member before and after the post.

I understand your concern. That is exactly how Pakistanis feel about Indians on various Pakistan-related threads. But us Mods let that happen just so that the discussion can be a bit challenging and not become self-congratulatory pat-on-the-back affairs. Similarly, you have to put up with Chinese who feel compelled to give their opinions. Take it as a dose for making the discussion more challenging and more fruitful.

And the same Chinese poster's comment about Indian navy being "worse than dog shit" still stands.

I have yet to see it. I went through the thread just for that. But did not find it.

How many weeks will I be banned for, if I paste the specs of MKI and mig-29 all over the JF-17 thread, and then go on to say that the PAF is "worse than dog shit"?

You have a point. And yet that is what happens quite often and people get thread-banned for it. If I were to see a poster consistently indulging in similar behavior on Indian threads, I would thread-ban them. In my view this thread does not need that yet.

I understand that your job is not easy; however, I feel that it would help your job if we were to point out obvious bias, which is why I am doing it. We are also reporting these things to you in the interest of the forum, not simply because we are unhappy with you.

Your positive approach is much appreciated. Yet many reported posts and calls for moderation require us to make judgement calls, which may or may not be appreciated by all the members. But in any case we have to do whatever is good for the health of our forum.

The HHQ-9 is a true anti-air missile with 150+ km range from VLS and maximum speed of Mach 4+.
HHQ-9 is in the same category as the American RIM-174 or the British/French Aster 30! :china:

i-may-not-look-like-much-but-i-am-pro-at-pretending-to-be-a-ninja-82379.jpg

*****, don't quote and **** when you do not understand the post

i know , i am talking about the big size and weight :D
if i remember indian new OPV also heavy sized :D
OPV is more in wt Becoz the steel used in it, read the article it is the quality of steel becoz of which wt is less with more strength

There is no missile in the world that can travel at Mach 3+ while sea skimming. The Mach 3 speed refers to high altitude only! At sea skimming altitude, both BrahMos and Yakhont have a maximum speed of around Mach 1.8. The same goes for all high-end supersonic anti-ship missiles, even Chinese ones.

Barak 8 is rubbish. Maximum speed of only Mach 2 is too slow, especially for cross interception in wide area defence roles. :omghaha:

Barak 8 is for one job only, stop any aircraft in it's range and take out any missiles heading towards ship. HHQ 9 has a range of 125Km as per chinese brochures. It is for area defence agreed but against a sea level hugging super sonic cruise missile, fairly useless. We could have easily bought S 300M from russia for our ships (Which is original design) but IN planners know fore mentioned problems and hence chose not to.

P15B is projected to be much bigger than P15A that bit is know to all. This is because more VLS cells are needed for land attack missiles.

PS: Bit of advice, I really hope you're not a 15 yr old chinese girl living in Hong Kong typing this crap. Your posts are belying this.

Anti- aircraft , anti-ship missle and used to bring down UAV's

Capabilities against small Uav's are unknown and challenging because of large size of 6.5m+

Back
Top Bottom