What's new

Vietnam ordered stealth destroyers P28 of India

Indian Navy is very bold and we'll equipped to spread our clout beyond our reach. Phillipines, Vietnam Thailand Indonesia are the countries who could be our future longterm customers. As we are ready to provide soft loans

I doubt Indonesia will be a customer anytime soon. Indonesia is already building a very advanced naval industrial complex and is a major marine exporter in the region.

I doubt Indonesia will be a customer anytime soon. Indonesia is already building a very advanced naval industrial complex and is a major marine exporter in the region.

That's true and I would say that India should be very careful when it comes to selling high tech to Indonesia. Its pretty well known (but nobody will say it), that Indonesia gave a sample of the Russian Yakhont missile to China to copy, that's how the chinese came out with the copy of it early last year (if I remember correctly). The Indonesians didn't really want to do that, they did it because China black mailed them, they had agreement to do a TOT to Indonesia for an anti ship missile, but they kept it on hold until Indonesia agreed to give them a sample of the missile.

So........ done once, can expect that they could do it again. High risk country to sell stuff to.

My 2 cents....... @Viet @PARIKRAMA

Indian Navy is very bold and we'll equipped to spread our clout beyond our reach. Phillipines, Vietnam Thailand Indonesia are the countries who could be our future longterm customers. As we are ready to provide soft loans

Haha true.. First let's confirm. But if this news is true. Vietnam Navy is about to tilt power balance in scs. Barak and bramose = Badass firepower for any Navy in the world. Barak 8 range actually extended to 90+km at sea this kind of long range gives us massive advantage, Real capabilities of brahmos known only to Russia and India. Different flight characteristics different range with different payload... advantage of surprise and enemies have to lock and fire beyond 350-300 km and now check which anti ship missile used by china's best destroyer and frigates. Brahmos is much feared missile at sea even by US.Chinese ship defence easily be breached by this missile. Less reaction time and hard to destroy. Hope this story is true.

It's a gateway for more Indo Vietnam defence deal.

Massive development if true

Absolutely mate, that's a very, very bad arse pocket destroyer.
Barak 8 with a range of 500 meters to 100 km is simply outstanding, it fulfills the role of point defense and long range. Brahmos, well, we all know about that one.

The chinese trolls here could only wish that China could have something like Barak 8 (together with MF/Star of course) and Brahmos.

Last edited:
This is a good news............. for China! :china:

India is famous of making ships and missiles... :omghaha: :omghaha: :rofl:

I can see India's above PowerPoint graphics are better than ever... :rofl:

... what's Vietnam's average IQ btw?
India has a powerful naval fleet, a respectable industrial naval capacity, and we can learn much from her. we can learn from China too, but unfortunately, you chinese are always keen to bully us. Vietnam IQ is 105,9. but what is your point?
http://www.unz.com/akarlin/genetics-iq-and-convergence/

Yes absolutely true but Barak 8 ER is not ready yet so it should have range of 70-80 km. Brahmos is world class missile but china also has CX series although not that capable but they share the same father Yakhont
Also their ships as for now have more VLS so far now lets not underestimate them
Who knows what else they will copy:woot:
BARAK-8 has been tested out to 90KM now (it had exceeded planned specs).

That's true and I would say that India should be very careful when it comes to selling high tech to Indonesia. Its pretty well known (but nobody will say it), that Indonesia gave a sample of the Russian Yakhont missile to China to copy, that's how the chinese came out with the copy of it early last year (if I remember correctly). The Indonesians didn't really want to do that, they did it because China black mailed them, they had agreement to do a TOT to Indonesia for an anti ship missile, but they kept it on hold until Indonesia agreed to give them a sample of the missile.

So........ done once, can expect that they could do it again. High risk country to sell stuff to.

Barak 8 with a range of 500 meters to 100 km is simply outstanding, it fulfills the role of point defense and long range. Brahmos, well, we all know about that one.

The chinese trolls here could only wish that China could have something like Barak 8 (together with MF/Star of course) and Brahmos.

I dont know India ever do ToT to ASEAN except Vietnam & Singapore( Vietnam have very deep strategic relations with India),

Not just about weapons, but other important things like situation awareness systems,SATCOMs encryption, Py codes for Navigation systems, IMINT, access to spy sats,,, also in implementing SOSUS system from edge of A&N islands to Vietnam and from there to Taiwan & Japan.

hmm, until now Indonesia is quite interested for airlaunched Brahmos and hoping to get them soon after they are getting licensed. For Surface launched AShM, Indonesia will be stick with Exocet like missiles, either it will be C-705, C-802 family or Exocet Block 3.

Do you know when Barak 8ER (extended range) will be inducted? I believe the expected range is supposed to be around 150 km or so, but I would not be surprised if its a bit more.

Do you know when Barak 8ER (extended range) will be inducted? I believe the expected range is supposed to be around 150 km or so, but I would not be surprised if its a bit more.
Around 2020 I would expect.

My configuration:

Russian EW suite we put on Vikramaditya.
LRSAM- Extended indian version.
Brahmos
Anti torpedo Decoy india just developed for ship first time in the world.
Barak 2

And that will make enemy of vietnam literally piss.

They will have no answer to these configuration. They will sail here and there to hide.

India extended the range by 20 KM by changing the design. Ex SAM will now cross 150 KM.

My configuration:

Russian EW suite we put on Vikramaditya.
LRSAM- Extended indian version.
Brahmos
Anti torpedo Decoy india just developed for ship first time in the world.
Barak 2

And that will make enemy of vietnam literally piss.

They will have no answer to these configuration. They will sail here and there to hide.

India extended the range by 20 KM by changing the design. Ex SAM will now cross 150 KM.

That configuration indeed rocks. Lets hope for that.

the chinese won´t be amused if India supports Vietnam military buildup, especially the Navy. those destroyers if they come would be the spearhead in the SC sea. I am curious to know if India ignores chinese concern?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom