What's new

USAID: Vietnam per capita income should be over $7000, not $1500

Thailand food has too much hot chilly. I used to spend, no problem, but my kids cant take that
Phil, I didnot taste .. but heard that's the worst food on earth.

Thailand food has too much hot chilly. I used to spend, no problem, but my kids cant take that
Phil, I didnot taste .. but heard that's the worst food on earth.

No, No, my friend. I would say that Filipino food is really good, probably one of the best kinds of native foods ive had in South East Asia.

Thai Food is flavorable as well, spicy!

I've also had Viet Namese food here in the 'states. There is a particular Viet Namese restaurant I go to in Philadelphia. They make the best Pho noodle dishes. I usually get the Pho Tai Nam Gan Sach order, you know with the beef tripe ? I can eat a large bowl....ha ha ha :lol::tup:

Viet Namese food is very soupy eh?

What's the point of posting pics like these? I can also find pics of tall building and clean roads from poor African country.

Look at the data posted, VN economy is way underperforming.
these are only 2 of many projects (infrastructures, real estates, etc...) currently being carried out. all construction projects of worth for over $200b.
that is more than the official VN GDP this year. Weird, isn´t it?

But you are right. we are as poor as Africa.

Last edited:
@Nihonjin1051

Aringato kosaimatsu . For invite me a good friendly discussion here. I like it. I like the look and feel of peace and prosperity.

Yes. I guess so. It's probably Songran Festival.

I like VN food, especially this dish.
1a44e51034333e52-150x150.jpg

About VN current economic situation, I don't think VN is poor at all.
Look VN is world rice exporter. Atleast VN has food to eat every year despite her huge population! and thats good.
I never visit VN, though one day I will go. My friend just came back. He said VN food has (almost) no meat, thats why VN is not fat.
I would like to visit Hue, visit historical site. I want to see VN snow fall. So jealous only VN and Myanmar have snows in S.E.A.

VN economy, VN government spend a lot of money buying military equipment. A Su fighter can build many beautiful roads. Money for a Sub can build many beautiful cities. These money, if see from investment point of view, is very bad investment.

I think VN lack of good leadership on economy. VN need is economic wizard leaders to change. Anyway soon we will become single market, AEC. I think soon things will be better. Thai garment industry must move to the lower wage country. Some of them already at Vietnam. Soon things will be better for VN.

I always thought that we were screwing with our economy and that Vietnam was ahead of us, I guess I was wrong.
a greater GDP figure means a better socio-economic data.
can you give me some examples where the Philippines is ahead of Vietnam?

I've visited Thailand before, their developed urban area is very nice and clean, better than some parts in Australia.

Here is our little secret how to clean the road. We have a big mother nature wash every 10 years. lol
482022-01.jpg

bp33_1320227685.jpg

@Nihonjin1051

Aringato kosaimatsu . For invite me a good friendly discussion here. I like it. I like the look and feel of peace and prosperity.

Yes. I guess so. It's probably Songran Festival.

I like VN food, especially this dish.
1a44e51034333e52-150x150.jpg

About VN current economic situation, I don't think VN is poor at all.
Look VN is world rice exporter. Atleast VN has food to eat every year despite her huge population! and thats good.
I never visit VN, though one day I will go. My friend just came back. He said VN food has (almost) no meat, thats why VN is not fat.
I would like to visit Hue, visit historical site. I want to see VN snow fall. So jealous only VN and Myanmar have snows in S.E.A.

VN economy, VN government spend a lot of money buying military equipment. A Su fighter can build many beautiful roads. Money for a Sub can build many beautiful cities. These money, if see from investment point of view, is very bad investment.

I think VN lack of good leadership on economy. VN need is economic wizard leaders to change. Anyway soon we will become single market, AEC. I think soon things will be better. Thai garment industry must move to the lower wage country. Some of them already at Vietnam. Soon things will be better for VN.
do you know that VN has more advanced road infrastructure than Thailand and Philippines?

The New Asian Tiger? | McKinsey Global Institute | McKinsey & Company

do you know that VN has more advanced road infrastructure than Thailand and Philippines?

The New Asian Tiger? | McKinsey Global Institute | McKinsey & Company

My friend. I don't know. Because I never been to Vietnam.
A system of Road infrastructure is said to be good if it covers all over the country + at good quality during raining seasons + summer season. A good quality also means the maximum pressure these roads are designed & tested for. A good road infrastructure must be secure to drive. Less chance for road accidents. Therefore, to judge a road system of a country is > than another country need a team of civil engineers, with a lot of test drive.

By using statistics like the World Bank Data, well the GDP per capita although it is irrelevant as it is only numbers as in terms of economic policy, our politicians here in the Philippines are busy screwing things up and "economists" with warm relations to our president are vehemently against the idea that foreign investors will be allowed to have 100% control of the investments they will bring here.

Some pictures of Cebu City, Philippines. This city , known colloquially by Filipinos as "The Queen City of the South".

Cebu-City-Philippines.jpg

Cebu_City_Skyline.jpeg

Cebu_City.jpg

CITTA-DI-MARE.jpg

CebuCitySkyline.jpg

1492437_635092449861194_1075097088_o.jpg

cebu2892.jpg

By using statistics like the World Bank Data, well the GDP per capita although it is irrelevant as it is only numbers as in terms of economic policy, our politicians here in the Philippines are busy screwing things up and "economists" with warm relations to our president are vehemently against the idea that foreign investors will be allowed to have 100% control of the investments they will bring here.

@Cossack25A1 ,

The level of infrastructure building in many cities of the central and southern Philippines is to be applauded.

I am talking about Cebu City, Iloilo City, Bacolod City, General Santos City, Cagayan De Oro City, Davao City, Bukidnon City, etc.

Sometime GDP per capital does not tell the whole story about the quality of life.
I'm going to give an example.

Singapore is very good example. Though per capita GDP is very high, average Singaporean has big problem to buy a house. An apartment of size 70 sq. meters in Singapore can buy this..
1276770412cf623a4ddd7164a9a9e46eaa76e8ed2f.jpg

in suburb of Bangkok.

You know life is much different to stay in this housing v.s. 70 sq meters apartment.

Some pictures of Cebu City, Philippines. This city , known colloquially by Filipinos as "The Queen City of the South".

Cebu_City_Skyline.jpeg

Cebu_City.jpg

CITTA-DI-MARE.jpg

CebuCitySkyline.jpg

cebu2892.jpg

I would likely advise foreigners to go to Cebu than here in Manila as Cebu is much more cleaner while Manila gets choked under pollution and reckless urbanization. In terms of security, Davao is much more secured than Manila and is much cleaner. Manila had a decent urban plan made in the 1930s but for some reason other than WW2, it wasn't followed though the situation took a nose dive around the 80s, particularly after 1986.

As for floods, well... a 30-minute long heavy rainfall turns Manila into pseudo-Atlantis, all because our current President Aquino cancelled projects that would reduce flooding here in Manila just because the project was approved by his predecessor. All you hear from Aquino are vindications, finger-pointing, blame-game and shameless ramblings.

This is why I feel Vietnam is going to be in a much better shape in the near future in terms of its economic standing.

Last edited:

Cebu_City_Skyline.jpeg

Cebu_City.jpg

CITTA-DI-MARE.jpg

CebuCitySkyline.jpg

cebu2892.jpg

@Cossack25A1 ,

The level of infrastructure building in many cities of the central and southern Philippines is to be applauded.

I am talking about Cebu City, Iloilo City, Bacolod City, General Santos City, Cagayan De Oro City, Davao City, Bukidnon City, etc.

I never know Philippine has this kind of place. Last time I visit Philippine I can't eat their rice. No offend here Philippine friend, but rice in Manila test bad. A lot of Slum too. Last time my employer wanted me to stay at Philippine for a year with good incentive, I had to quit the job because I have family and I really don't know how to raise my kids there to be a Thai speaker, also security problems.

Back
Top Bottom