What's new

USAID: Vietnam per capita income should be over $7000, not $1500

everybody never mentioned to my warning, we are talking about poorness, try not to post skyscrapper ...
anyway, @somsak your picture awesome ...

@Phukimak : I want your sharing too. You both know Vietnam and Indonesia ...

fact and figure : taxi
Malaysia, Thailand : taxi driver don't want to use meter, especially in Malaysia and for short distance. From Berjaya Times Square to Chinatown in KUL, taxi driver asked for 20RM, after bargain, 15 RM equal 5 USD for few kilometers. no meter.

The opening fare about nearly 3 USD or over 1.5 USD in Malaysia and Thailand in sequence
The gasoline in Malaysia is half price of Vietnam but the taxi fare higher for each km. Means high wage for Malay driver.

Vietnam : taxi driver almost use meter, even for 800meter distance. Opening fare : 45 - 55 US cents for 800m-1km. Means low wage for Vietnam driver.
Vietnam office staff are nightmare for taxi because for lunchtime they call to center for 7 seats taxi, the taxi come 7-10 person loaded and travel to their lunch restaurant, 1km far away and unloaded after pay the opening fare : about 55-60 US cents ... LOL
That's legal and fair although taxi driver don't like that.

So travel in Hanoi, Saigon .. the best and fast means , especially for groups is taxi.
Cheaper is bus. 35 US cents for nearly all distance within the city. The govt funded for public means of transport, before just 15 US cents.

Mui Ne, Binh Thuan, Vietnam
diem-du-lich-mui-ne_du-lich-viet.jpg

muine.jpg

thoi-trang-tre-em-14-03-2014-08-03-42mui-ne-phanthiet-708459.jpg

@Cossack25A1 : You could establish 100% owned FDI company in almost every field, except a few like banking ( not allow over 49% ) ... but everything improving, as NEGO underway.

Last edited:
When it comes to foreign direct investments, is Vietnam have any restriction over the ownership of the foreign companies?

everybody never mentioned to my warning, we are talking about poorness, try not to post skyscrapper ...
anyway, @somsak your picture awesome ...

@Phukimak : I want your sharing too. You both know Vietnam and Indonesia ...

fact and figure : taxi
Malaysia, Thailand : taxi driver don't want to use meter, especially in Malaysia and for short distance. From Berjaya Times Square to Chinatown in KUL, taxi driver asked for 20RM, after bargain, 15 RM equal 5 USD for few kilometers. no meter.

The opening fare about nearly 3 USD or over 1.5 USD in Malaysia and Thailand in sequence
The gasoline in Malaysia is half price of Vietnam but the taxi fare higher for each km. Means high wage for Malay driver.

Vietnam : taxi driver almost use meter, even for 800meter distance. Opening fare : 45 - 55 US cents for 800m-1km. Means low wage for Vietnam driver.
Vietnam office staff are nightmare for taxi because for lunchtime they call to center for 7 seats taxi, the taxi come 7-10 person loaded and travel to their lunch restaurant, 1km far away and unloaded after pay the opening fare : about 55-60 US cents ... LOL
That's legal and fair although taxi driver don't like that.

So travel in Hanoi, Saigon .. the best and fast means , especially for groups is taxi.
Cheaper is bus. 35 US cents for nearly all distance within the city. The govt funded for public means of transport, before just 15 US cents.

Mui Ne, Vietnam
diem-du-lich-mui-ne_du-lich-viet.jpg

What do you want to know?
Infrastructure between Vietnam and Indonesia is pretty much the same...
The airport looks like a bus station...
If we compare generally..
But if we compare java island and Vietnam... We little bit advanced...
The rest is pretty fucked up..

The problem in Indonesia is the same with the rest SEA country ( except Singapore)
Corrupt politician, inefficient economy, lack of power supply, shitty infrastructure ( many major island in Indonesia even big city outside java island, lack of electric... If you visit Medan or major city outside java island, you will found blackout is common thing, even in a day can blackout up to 5 hours )

Except Bali, they on another level..

What do you want to know?
Infrastructure between Vietnam and Indonesia is pretty much the same...
The airport looks like a bus station...
If we compare generally..
But if we compare java island and Vietnam... We little bit advanced...
The rest is pretty fucked up..

The problem in Indonesia is the same with the rest SEA country ( except Singapore)
Corrupt politician, inefficient economy, lack of power supply, shitty infrastructure ( many major island in Indonesia even big city outside java island, lack of electric... If you visit Medan or major city outside java island, you will found blackout is common thing, even in a day can blackout up to 5 hours )

Except Bali, they on another level..

Thanks, just share what you see as daily life. We enrich our knowledge and understand each other nations.

Phu Quoc the biggest islands of Vietnam with same size as Singapore, just get connected the electricity cables from mainland, for continuous power supply. So it could be same as you said.

But Phu Quoc would be a new Jeju islands in the future.Take note for your next destination.
At this moment, there's only international air route directly from Russia, remain are domestic air passenger, ferry, ...

kinh-nghiem-du-lich-phu-quoc.jpg

TOUR-PHU-QUOC-CONG-TY-KIM-LAP_2013123102318227.jpg

phuquoc-beach.jpg

mekongdeltatour.com.vn-phu-quoc%20(12)-500x500.png

Last edited:
When it comes to foreign direct investments, is Vietnam have any restriction over the ownership of the foreign companies?
As far as I know except in defense industry and media, there is no any restrictions at all.

Plus, I read the VN government is making steps to privatize the large parts of state own enterprises. Many of these companies are poorly managed, make loss and a great burden for the economy. Over 200 companies should be sold via stock exchanges or other channels.

It's a good move, I believe. Less corruption and better management.

Last edited:
I read the VN government is making steps to privatize the large parts of state own enterprises.

You can diversify the shareholder structure, but it's not good idea to privatize.

And a Pho cost $1.5 in Vietnam, this price is acceptable to many people.

This is not my real avatar, the last one was. By the way, I shaved my head a couple of weeks ago, it looks more handsome.
Also, Banh mi is very good choice for breakfast. 50-80 cent a piece. At my last visit to Vietnam that was my favorite dish in the morning.

Why did you shave your head?

Also, Banh mi is very good choice for breakfast. 50-80 cent a piece. At my last visit to Vietnam that was my favorite dish in the morning.

Why did you shave your head?

QQ截图20140727005957.jpg

Because my AC is broken, the summer is hot.

As far as I know except in defense industry and media, there is no any restrictions at all.

Plus, I read the VN government is making steps to privatize the large parts of state own enterprises. Many of these companies are poorly managed, make loss and a great burden for the economy. Over 200 companies should be sold via stock exchanges or other channels.

It's a good move, I believe. Less corruption and better management.

Hearing that, Vietnam is on the right track towards prosperity as the restrictions are only placed on defense and media whereas here in the PH, everything is restricted.

As for privatization, I can't say it is a good or bad idea though here in the PH, it was a bad idea.

Rice field in Tam Coc, Bich Dong, Vietnam , also called Ha Long Bay inland
After war, Vietnam fixed food supply and now become top exporter of rice and many other agriculture products.
tam-coc-8-5.jpg

Tam-C%E1%BB%91c-B%C3%ADch-%C4%90%E1%BB%99ng.jpg

tamcoc1.jpg

Beside coffee, cocoa - chocolate Vietnam reach the top famous on flavor, many Belgian investors rush for investment to Vietnam on this.

DSCN5451.JPG

tumblr_mqdmzsViTk1rs63n2o1_500.jpg

IMG_9875-cacao-vietnam.jpg

tumblr_mq8dgdriGV1rs63n2o7_r1_500.jpg

467969009-dbb91320768c8e87b5602f04975682c51b883eb6-s40-c85.jpg

tumblr_inline_n5f98oUHi01r9sop7.jpg

Last edited:
Hearing that, Vietnam is on the right track towards prosperity as the restrictions are only placed on defense and media whereas here in the PH, everything is restricted.

As for privatization, I can't say it is a good or bad idea though here in the PH, it was a bad idea.
I ready your economy is controlled by some 50 family clans. they may want to keep it for a bittle bit longer.

Back
Top Bottom