What's new

USAID: Vietnam per capita income should be over $7000, not $1500

maybe Vietnam should kickout USAID, Russia and China did so long time ago. Both higher gdp per capita

well Vietnam might be ppor, but they have improved quite alot these past years i believe.
We should not forget that Vietnam is a country who suffered a very deadly war in which the U.S bombed the country almost to extinction. This is a country in which the firepower used during the war is the equivalent in destructive force of about 600 Hiroshima type atomic bombs. In fact , The total firepower expended by the U.S. and its allies in Indochina during the Vietnam war exceeds the total firepower expended by humanity in all wars, before and after the Indochina War, combined.
Also there are 2 million Agent Orange victims to whom the Vietnamese government paid compensation for combatants 1961-1975 and their children.And i read recently that the figure today is greater than 3 million Agent Orange victims in Vietnam, including children of the second and third generations. There are not many countries in the world who i think could have recover from such destruction.
This was shocking to me when i read all these few years ago. it was even more shocking to me reading that the U.S government refused until now to at least compensate civilians who still suffer from the after effects of agent orange, focusing instead on finding its lost soldiers bodies/remains.This is outrageous.
This is one of the reason why i always find it funny when people criticize or laugh at Vietnam poverty/backwardness. Considering all what this country went through coupled with the subsequent sanctions the U.S and our governments in the West imposed on the country after the war untill the early 90s, i cant blame Vietnam for still struggling to get over from the destruction the country faced.
In this regard i commend Vietnam for having the courage.strength to move on and try to develop, the govenrment/country might not be perfect, yes there might be corruption/bureaucracy/inefficient use of resources etc, but overall the country has achived alot during these past decades, im sure wVietnam will hopefully in the coming decade achieve more and move up to a middle income country. it woint be easy but im sure Vietnam can achieve it, since i know Vietnamese people are quite resilient, hard working and dedicated when they pout their mind/focus on something.
It will be a good start for Vietnamese government to start focusing more investing in infrastructure,eductaion, science etc than buying more Sukhoi fighters/weapons(helping enrich Russia defence industry even more), these funds could be best used to help developed the country. Hopefully we will see a vietnam among middle ioncome countries in the coming decade or two. Im more optimistic about Vietnam than philippines or other ASEAN countries.

Vietnamese adores Israeli on how they live in a desert area among enemies.
Israeli adores Vietnamese on how they defeat Americans.

Is this the island you just grab from Cambodia in 1979? Lol

not true, Vietnamese controlled island long time ago, if you like to say like that, Vietnam could help Khmu people in Lao and Khmer people in Cambodia claim back Thailand soil to them,

Thai people please turn back your native land in Yun Nan (Nan Chao Guo) in China.

Last edited:
not true, Vietnamese controlled island long time ago, if you like to say like that, Vietnam could help Khmu people in Lao and Khmer people in Cambodia claim back Thailand soil to them,

Thai people please turn back your native land in Yun Nan (Nan Chao Guo) in China.

the question answered twice, you dont have to answer again.
in stead of that, post the daily life fact, photo ... of Vietnam ... we frankly face our poorness, opportunity, weakness, strongness ...

the question answered twice, you dont have to answer again.
in stead of that, post the daily life fact, photo ... of Vietnam ... we frankly face our poorness, opportunity, weakness, strongness ...

you do business, what I do, not belong to personal staff of govt. objectively, we can understand what is the matter here in Vietnam.

. Thks for your comment.

@Nihonjin1051 : about street food
I could say, it's better than Malaysia, Thailand, Phil, Indonesia ... and cheap.
all about 50cents - under 2 dollars / dish

This list by CNN, but to me, that's meaningless list ( if have time, I will update )
CNN introduce Hanoi’s 10 greatest street food — TalkVietnam

@Rechoice : why we must defend by redraw something still strange in Vietnam? or person attack to provocation?

we should face the fact, ... whileas. we both know Chinese PDF mem tend to exaggerate ... but it's non relate to my way.
Face the truth, that's my way.

I respect the Truth, the Beauty ... but don't hesitate to word attack both corrupted Chinese and Vietnamese officials, for example.
I respect the social benefit ... to People of any country.

Last edited:
I read from Khmerization that VN grab the island, so was my comment.
We will talk about Phú Quốc in other theads. Let me read more history before comment.

Lets come back to the topic.
- I heard that VN's stock market was very small. So small that it crashed many times because some investors can easily dominate the price high-low. Can any Vietamese here explain?

- I think cheap labors does not mean bad thing. It means people are willing to work. Lots of people are willing to work so much that the price become low. This is a strong young nation that has future. Thailand used to be in that stage. Anyway, everybody wants to move up. I understand that. The question remains: If everybody is rich, who is going to work for toilet waste draining stuff?

- I think Vn has bright future. Coz Vn people are very hard working, goal oriented, and good Math. You can see Math result in internation math olymipiad, Vn got very good place. I think good Math shows that VN people think in logical way. I heard that VN women/wife in Thailand are extraordinary hard working, like home working + career. So in short, I think VN has high quality population.

- I think all ASEAN country except singapore lacks the will to create new industries. Or at least to create the whole supply chain for an already established industry. This is the biggest problem for economic advance. What do I mean? Take a car.
Japanese has the whole range of companies from wheels, seats, car electronics, chromium coating, etc... Toyota, and Honda has their own engines, then they can use these same peripheral companies to create large supply chains that together become ecosystem for automobile manufacturing. If a country does not have this kind of ecosystem for an industry, that country cannot be leader in that industry. Therefore, what ASEAN lacks is this ecosystem.

- I hope that this ecosystem can be created in the future with ASEAN originality.

Last edited:
@BoQ77

What do you think about scandals of "Vua Điện" in the past, and "Bầu Hiển" scandal recently ? no need answer here. and I think you can understand my idea.

@BoQ77

What do you think about scandals of "Vua Điện" in the past, and "Bầu Hiển" scandal recently ? no need answer here. and I think you can understand my idea.
can you tell me what purpose for you to join the forum?

-----------------

Footwear giants such as Nike, Adidas and Puma have been moving their orders from China and Bangladesh into Vietnam during the first part of this year, according to the Vietnam Leather, Footwear and Handbag Association (LEFASO).

The relocation rate is 25% higher than the same period last year.

Target Sourcing Services who is among the world ten largest distributors and Dansu Group are planning investments in Vietnam.

Companies that used to order and manufacture in China only such as handbag groups Lancaster and Sequoia Paris have also moved investment into Vietnam to disperse risks.

According to LEFASO Timberland and Puma want to expand production in Vietnam to meet the increasing demand of orders transferred from China.

Rising labour and environmental costs as well as recent industrial action in China have made some international brands opt to locate some of their production away from China into other Southern Asian countries such as Vietnam.

- See more at: More footwear and leather goods firms relocating to Vietnam - International Leather Maker

5526055145_fe474dae19_z.jpg

nike.jpg

Intel-Lobby1.jpg

vietnam-intel-2010-10-29-8-0-20.jpg

Last edited:
maybe Vietnam should kickout USAID, Russia and China did so long time ago. Both higher gdp per capita
I don't think that's a good idea. As the article suggests poor management and corruption are main reasons why we grow under our potential. USAID and other NGOs bring money and expertise that benefit the poor most.

But hey, we are classified as poor and no longer dirty poor. The latter deserves North Korea :D

Yes, she dumped me.
No worry, as a saying "if one window closes, another window will open."

Girls hate losers, are attracted to men with money and status. Just strengthen and double your efforts to accumulate these evil things, and the most beautiful girls will come to you like flies :)

Back
Top Bottom