What's new

USAID: Vietnam per capita income should be over $7000, not $1500

well Vietnam might be ppor, but they have improved quite alot these past years i believe.
We should not forget that Vietnam is a country who suffered a very deadly war in which the U.S bombed the country almost to extinction. This is a country in which the firepower used during the war is the equivalent in destructive force of about 600 Hiroshima type atomic bombs. In fact , The total firepower expended by the U.S. and its allies in Indochina during the Vietnam war exceeds the total firepower expended by humanity in all wars, before and after the Indochina War, combined.
Also there are 2 million Agent Orange victims to whom the Vietnamese government paid compensation for combatants 1961-1975 and their children.And i read recently that the figure today is greater than 3 million Agent Orange victims in Vietnam, including children of the second and third generations. There are not many countries in the world who i think could have recover from such destruction.
This was shocking to me when i read all these few years ago. it was even more shocking to me reading that the U.S government refused until now to at least compensate civilians who still suffer from the after effects of agent orange, focusing instead on finding its lost soldiers bodies/remains.This is outrageous.
This is one of the reason why i always find it funny when people criticize or laugh at Vietnam poverty/backwardness. Considering all what this country went through coupled with the subsequent sanctions the U.S and our governments in the West imposed on the country after the war untill the early 90s, i cant blame Vietnam for still struggling to get over from the destruction the country faced.
In this regard i commend Vietnam for having the courage.strength to move on and try to develop, the govenrment/country might not be perfect, yes there might be corruption/bureaucracy/inefficient use of resources etc, but overall the country has achived alot during these past decades, im sure wVietnam will hopefully in the coming decade achieve more and move up to a middle income country. it woint be easy but im sure Vietnam can achieve it, since i know Vietnamese people are quite resilient, hard working and dedicated when they pout their mind/focus on something.
It will be a good start for Vietnamese government to start focusing more investing in infrastructure,eductaion, science etc than buying more Sukhoi fighters/weapons(helping enrich Russia defence industry even more), these funds could be best used to help developed the country. Hopefully we will see a vietnam among middle ioncome countries in the coming decade or two. Im more optimistic about Vietnam than philippines or other ASEAN countries.
thank for the post.

our current weakness is poor infrastructure that will take time to overcome.
last time when I visited Saigon the traffic is terrible due to lacking of metro lines. Now I am a bit happier when I read we begin to contruct the metro in the city. when finished, Saigon will have one of the most advanced metro system in ASEAN.

this is the complete plan.
cwNIDAo.jpg

the construction of the 1st metro line has just started this month.

RfrliAz.png%22

6z8ElhL.jpg

69PiA4aO.jpg

xIqemcW.jpg

svqZiLu.jpg

JIMHUqb.jpg

goWCiie.jpg

epPbRbm.jpg

ikYvhrZ.jpg

Last edited:
No worry, as a saying "if one window closes, another window will open."

Girls hate losers, are attracted to men with money and status. Just strengthen and double your efforts to accumulate these evil things, and the most beautiful girls will come to you like flies :)

haha, i agree, truly. But money is nothing, if you lose control of it. Thanks for your advice. I'll let you know if i have new gf.

I read from Khmerization that VN grab the island, so was my comment.
We will talk about Phú Quốc in other theads. Let me read more history before comment.

Lets come back to the topic.
- I heard that VN's stock market was very small. So small that it crashed many times because some investors can easily dominate the price high-low. Can any Vietamese here explain?

- I think cheap labors does not mean bad thing. It means people are willing to work. Lots of people are willing to work so much that the price become low. This is a strong young nation that has future. Thailand used to be in that stage. Anyway, everybody wants to move up. I understand that. The question remains: If everybody is rich, who is going to work for toilet waste draining stuff?

- I think Vn has bright future. Coz Vn people are very hard working, goal oriented, and good Math. You can see Math result in internation math olymipiad, Vn got very good place. I think good Math shows that VN people think in logical way. I heard that VN women/wife in Thailand are extraordinary hard working, like home working + career. So in short, I think VN has high quality population.

- I think all ASEAN country except singapore lacks the will to create new industries. Or at least to create the whole supply chain for an already established industry. This is the biggest problem for economic advance. What do I mean? Take a car.
Japanese has the whole range of companies from wheels, seats, car electronics, chromium coating, etc... Toyota, and Honda has their own engines, then they can use these same peripheral companies to create large supply chains that together become ecosystem for automobile manufacturing. If a country does not have this kind of ecosystem for an industry, that country cannot be leader in that industry. Therefore, what ASEAN lacks is this ecosystem.

- I hope that this ecosystem can be created in the future with ASEAN originality.

I would like that you could have time and watch to the end of this video clip, is posted by Japanese friend. This is new shopping center in Hanoi, The owner is true Vietnamese, he came from Ha Tinh province where native land of pure Mon/Khmer/Khmu/Muong/Trai people. Note that Vietnamese is origin root from Muong People.

I think it should be in the same size of shopping center in Bangkok.

Last edited:
Moc Chau, Son La, Vietnam

poor boys on the way to school
moc-chau-3.jpg

Tea hill

6356396657_faea1b5a18_z.jpg

doi-che-2.jpg

thac-dai-yem-3.jpg

no need to listening what this america dog people speaking

That the Vietnamese leadership signed only two relatively minor multilateral agreements was indicative of the caution in Hanoi in embracing 'the force of nature'. This is not to say the Communist Party leadership is itself opposed to a "market" system that has already enriched a small minority. Indeed, the policy known as Doi Moi, or 'renovation', was conceived as a means of breaking out of the embargo that was put in place by the US following its humiliating defeat in 1975. In classifying Vietnam a 'Category Z' country, Washington imposed sanctions more isolating than even those against Cuba. The World Bank was warned off and humanitarian aid was stopped or obstructed; the new British prime minister, Margaret Thatcher, persuaded the EU to halt shipments of milk to Vietnamese children. The American objective was to continue the war by other means.

In 1986, besieged by shortages and a war-devastated economy, the top three leaders in Hanoi resigned, handing over to those, notably Nguyen Van Linh, who saw ?the market? as the means of lifting the siege. Companies such as Nike were offered tax holidays and cheap labour in 'economic processing zones'- vast sweatshops. In 1995, the then chancellor of the exchequer, Kenneth Clarke, visited Hanoi with a group of British businessmen who had been given a briefing document by the Department of Trade and Industry. "Labour rates are as low as $35 a month," it said. "Take the long view, use Vietnam's weaknesses selfishly. Vietnam's open door invites you to take advantage of its low standard of living and low wages."

The World Bank now offered loans conditional on the sacking of tens of thousands of workers from public enterprises and the scrapping of public services that were once the envy of other poor countries. Even during the long years of war, primary care where people lived and worked had raised life expectancy to among the highest in the developing world. More babies had survived birth and their first precarious years than in most Asian countries. Now, under the tutelage of the foreign donor community, the government was forced to abandon support for health services; diseases, such as malaria, dengue and cholera, returned. It was as if the Vietnamese were finally being granted membership of the international community as long as they created a society based on divisions of wealth and poverty and exploited labour, in which social achievements were no longer valued: the kind of foreign-imposed system they had sacrificed so much to escape. It seemed, wrote Gabriel Kolko in his classic work, Anatomy of a War, that the Vietnam war would finally end in "the defeat of all who fought in it - and one of the greatest tragedies of modern history".

However, by 1994, the resistance was growing and alarming the government. Although unreported in the controlled press, strikes swept across Saigon and were widely supported. In 1997, Nike, which employs 35,000 mostly female workers, was hit by rolling strikes. The police did nothing, a clear sign of the authorities' concern. In the countryside, the privatisation of land brought administrative chaos and popular anger. Government offices were sacked and officials forced to flee for their lives. One of the biggest single foreign investors in Vietnam, Daewoo, sent its chairman to express the company's alarm. Nguyen Van Linh, the architect of Doi Moi, began to have second thoughts, and market reforms were curtailed, which helps to explain why Vietnam escaped the Asian economic collapse in 1998.

Had the BBC's diplomatic correspondent read a little history, he might have said that what Vietnam needed was not economic growth, but justice. The catastrophe wreaked by the American invasion might have been eased had the United States honoured a 1973 agreement that Henry Kissinger, the then secretary of state, said would bring "peace with honour". He was referring to a cornerstone of the ceasefire agreement, a promise by the then president, Richard Nixon, of $3.25bn in reparations. Not a cent was paid.
The price of Vietnam being allowed to come out of isolation was the destruction of its health services

your annam dogs have spit in the face of mr ho chi minh, i really hope i could became as super rich one day and wipe out all the disgusting thing you are doing
Last month, I onboard with a cool Malay guy, from Langkawi to Kuala Lumpur,
he visited Vietnam 20 years ago, wow ... and visited at least twice...
he advised me to come Indonesia, he make sure I will feel familiar, to him, Vietnam and Indonesia same same...
Can you just share how Indonesia really like, @Phukimak ?

If it's possible, I want to have a comparison between Vietnam and other nation with same GDP per capita.

23px-Flag_of_the_Philippines.svg.png
Philippines 4,700 2013 est.
23px-Flag_of_Nicaragua.svg.png
Nicaragua 4,500 2013 est.
23px-Flag_of_Cape_Verde.svg.png
Cape Verde 4,400 2013 est.
23px-Flag_of_Vietnam.svg.png
Vietnam 4,000 2013 est.
23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png
India 4,000 2013 est
you are truly worthy to be called as annam pig, you have been shame of the viets race, look here kid
Population below poverty line
RankCountryPopulation below poverty line (%)
83Philippines26.5
118Japan16
125Korea, South15
126Vietnam14.5
130China13.4

this the only measure those vcp pig need to worrying
The Happiest (and Saddest) Countries

I would like that you could have time and watch to the end of this video clip, is posted by Japanese friend. This is new shopping center in Hanoi, The owner is true Vietnamese, he came from Ha Tinh province where native land of pure Mon/Khmer/Khmu/Muong/Trai people. Note that Vietnamese is origin root from Muong People.

I think it should be in the same size of shopping center in Bangkok.

hahaha what's this? i thought your annams was from sichuan?

what is now ? traffic jam.

47eca83a99fb927fff134747ba638695.jpg

46_7_1360220591_47_tacduong%20_2__copy.JPG
the current condition on VN roads is a nightmare.
when I travelled by car last time, large parts of the highways are in still terrible shape.

hahaha what's this? i thought your annams was from sichuan?

Yes, you are right, Shu Phan is origin from Mon/Khmer from Indochina peninsula moved to North to Ba Shu. After collapsing of Van Lang he settled back to Ha Tinh province and ruled Lac Viet (nuoc Viet).

Phạm Nhật Vượng is origin Trại people. He is descendant of Thuc Phán, I think so.:cheers:

ty-phu-dola-pham_nhat_vuong.jpg

đù mạ, dân ta đọc sử ta, đừng đọc ba thứ tầm bậy tầm bạ, bày đặt chọc quê vậy cha nội.

@yue10 admitted that he/she is a racist. Take one look at his avatar and you can see that he/she is probably a Chinazi. I can't understand why PDF allow such member here.

no, he is Khmer Krom, camrade of Ieng Sary, Khmer Rouge leader.

Back
Top Bottom