What's new

USAID: Vietnam per capita income should be over $7000, not $1500

I think the goverment is tired of feeding some of these making loss or less efficient monsters. Now they try the radical way.
Vietnam Airlines is one of the candidates. But yes, the government still keeps shares from some of major companies.

Vietnam Airlines seeking to raise $51 million in IPO| Reuters

lol looks like VN is on the right track, aviation industry is not good in recent years, you have rising jet fuel costs.

You looks like a monk...

Huahahahahahahahas

It's not enough. I need a cassock, a wooden fish and a string of beads.

lol looks like VN is on the right track, aviation industry is not good in recent years, you have rising jet fuel costs.

It's not enough. I need a cassock, a wooden fish and a string of beads.

Don't forget your bowl... Huahahaha
:rofl:

Don't forget your bowl... Huahahaha
:rofl:

939083201205281533451402715291204_006_640.jpg

Thanks for reminding me of this, or I'll be hungry.

I ready your economy is controlled by some 50 family clans. they may want to keep it for a bittle bit longer.

Not just only family clans, but family clans with ties to politicians, some of which are related to politicians by blood.

Any attempts to open the economy here is doomed to fail - the media and politicians will demonize anyone or any group whose aim is to remove the economic restriction just to make the country prosper.

Not just only family clans, but family clans with ties to politicians, some of which are related to politicians by blood.

Any attempts to open the economy here is doomed to fail - the media and politicians will demonize anyone or any group whose aim is to remove the economic restriction just to make the country prosper.

Sorry to hear that...
No wonder so many Filipino move out to America for good...

Isn't your country a democracy? With the people' power?
Actually I only see democratic system works well in Japan, S Korea and Taiwan. For the rest, it's still a long way to go.

Sorry to hear that...
No wonder so many Filipino move out to America for good...

Not only to America but any country that has better standards of living. I can't blame them for leaving as the local government don't want economic prosperity... which could be a problem in 2015.

At least Vietnam and other ASEAN are ready for 2015.

Isn't your country a democracy? With the people' power?
Actually I only see democratic system works well in Japan, S Korea and Taiwan. For the rest, it's still a long way to go.

Well defining "democracy" here in the Philippines is a bit tricky as for a common Filipino, it equates to being literally free. The People Power is not an example of democracy but rather it is an example of mob rule... and it is that People Power that caused the Philippines to lag behind in everything.

Thanks, just share what you see as daily life. We enrich our knowledge and understand each other nations.

Phu Quoc the biggest islands of Vietnam with same size as Singapore, just get connected the electricity cables from mainland, for continuous power supply. So it could be same as you said.

But Phu Quoc would be a new Jeju islands in the future.Take note for your next destination.
At this moment, there's only international air route directly from Russia, remain are domestic air passenger, ferry, ...

kinh-nghiem-du-lich-phu-quoc.jpg

TOUR-PHU-QUOC-CONG-TY-KIM-LAP_2013123102318227.jpg

phuquoc-beach.jpg

mekongdeltatour.com.vn-phu-quoc%20(12)-500x500.png
Is this the island you just grab from Cambodia in 1979? Lol

View attachment 40857

Because my AC is broken, the summer is hot.

You look like Gay version of Xuanzang
Xuanzang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LoL

You look like Gay version of Xuanzang
Xuanzang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LoL

No. @somsak

During the Vietnam War the island housed South Vietnam's largest prisoner camp (40,000 in 1973), known as Phú Quốc Prison.[11]

On May 1, 1975, a squad of Khmer Rouge soldiers raided and took Phu Quoc Island, but Vietnam soon recaptured it. This was to be the first of a series of incursions and counter-incursions that would escalate to the Cambodian–Vietnamese War in 1979.

---------
Another island, you could know
Tho Chu island

During the era of Republic of Vietnam, Thổ Chu Islands were under the administration of An Xuyên Province. However, the islands historically used to constitute a disputed territory between Cambodia and Vietnam, both nations claiming that they are within their territorial waters.[2]

On May 10, 1975, Khmer Rouge occupied Thổ Chu Island and abducted about five hundred civilians to Cambodia, all of whom were massacred. From May 24 to May 27, 1975, Vietnamese forces attacked the occupiers and recaptured the island. In 1977, the Khmer Rouge raided Thổ Chu Island once again but were defeated.[3]

The interesting fact that : Tho Chu islands recaptured, after few days by coalition South Vietnam and North Vietnam soldiers.

Tho Chu island location
2vwtd00.jpg

Last edited:

LoL
don´t bullshit pls.
We control Phu Quoc since ages. the Red Khmer invaded the island, we kicked hard their as$.

Well defining "democracy" here in the Philippines is a bit tricky as for a common Filipino, it equates to being literally free. The People Power is not an example of democracy but rather it is an example of mob rule... and it is that People Power that caused the Philippines to lag behind in everything.
jungle´s law: the hooligan takes all, while the weak loses?

anyway, another urgent issue is close to be resolved as both the Philippines and Vietnam show the willingness to solve the dispute in the SC Sea. Vietnam has proposed a closer economics and military cooperation and to explore jointly the resources, where the claims overlap. Trust is very important.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom