What's new

USAID: Vietnam per capita income should be over $7000, not $1500

Vietnam has highly educated and smart Human Resource but lacks other Resources like minerals and oil production.

what is bullshxt of CPC propaganda posted your guy here, idiot Chinese ?

It is not CPC propaganda. The link I posted is from your own Vietnamese news site. And the economists they quote are from USAID and world bank.

It is not CPC propaganda. The link I posted is from your own Vietnamese news site. And the economists they quote are from USAID and world bank.

what is painting posted by kankan your guy above by his post ? chinese aggressors masturbate themselves with such idiot painting !!!

what is painting posted by kankan your guy above by his post ? chinese aggressors masturbate themselves with such idiot painting !!!

EastSea, this is the second time I want to remind Viet member here.
Let look directly at Vietnam issues, never find the same issues outside to cover internal weakness.

We welcome all members join and give comment to us, don't go off topic please,
@kankan326 , @Jlaw , @Genesis

@Black Flag : by your source, did they point out the GDP per capita is PPP or nominal ?

We never proud of so low GDP per capita, feel shame instead of

GDP (PPP) 2013 estimate
- Total $358.889 billion[3] (38th)
- Per capita $4,001.287[3] (132nd)
GDP (nominal) 2013 estimate
- Total $170.020 billion[3] (58th)
- Per capita $1,895.576[3] (134th)

Last edited:
Vietnam has highly educated and smart Human Resource but lacks other Resources like minerals and oil production.

That is not the reason why their economy is underperforming. If every country needs to possess resources like minerals and oil to become a strong economy, then Singapore and Japan should still be poor right now.

I always thought that we were screwing with our economy and that Vietnam was ahead of us, I guess I was wrong.

With the power of motorbike economy.. They can make it :-)

Last month, I onboard with a cool Malay guy, from Langkawi to Kuala Lumpur,
he visited Vietnam 20 years ago, wow ... and visited at least twice...
he advised me to come Indonesia, he make sure I will feel familiar, to him, Vietnam and Indonesia same same...
Can you just share how Indonesia really like, @Phukimak ?

If it's possible, I want to have a comparison between Vietnam and other nation with same GDP per capita.

23px-Flag_of_the_Philippines.svg.png
Philippines 4,700 2013 est.
23px-Flag_of_Nicaragua.svg.png
Nicaragua 4,500 2013 est.
23px-Flag_of_Cape_Verde.svg.png
Cape Verde 4,400 2013 est.
23px-Flag_of_Vietnam.svg.png
Vietnam 4,000 2013 est.
23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png
India 4,000 2013 est

Last edited:
EastSea, this is the second time I want to remind Viet member here.
Let look directly at Vietnam issues, never find the same issues outside to cover internal weakness.

We welcome all members join and give comment to us, don't go off topic please,
@kankan326 , @Jlaw , @Genesis

@Black Flag : by your source, did they point out the GDP per capita is PPP or nominal ?

We never proud of so low GDP per capita, feel shame instead of

GDP (PPP) 2013 estimate
- Total $358.889 billion[3] (38th)
- Per capita $4,001.287[3] (132nd)
GDP (nominal) 2013 estimate
- Total $170.020 billion[3] (58th)
- Per capita $1,895.576[3] (134th)

The source was mentioning Gross National Income (GNI) figure, which is slightly different from GDP. But is it a per capita (nominal) figure. As far as I can remember, Philippines is at around $2000-$3000, Indonesia and Thailand are around $5000-$6000. Malaysia and Singapore is much higher.

Your country's economy cannot compete with indonesia yet because their population is much bigger than yours. But your country has similar population to Thailand and Philippines. Your country had the potential to surpass Thailand and Philippines.

So what is your opinion? why is it poorer than what western economists expected?

Last month, I onboard with a cool Malay guy, from Langkawi to Kuala Lumpur,
he visited Vietnam 20 years ago, wow ... and visited at least twice...
he advised me to come Indonesia, he make sure I will feel familiar, to him, Vietnam and Indonesia same same...
Can you just share how Indonesia really like, @Phukimak ?

If it's possible, I want to have a comparison between Vietnam and other nation with same GDP per capita.

Philippines GDP per capita at present is $2,765, a "Lower middle income" country and an economic "growth" of 6.6%

Your country's economy cannot compete with indonesia yet because their population is much bigger than yours. But your country has similar population to Thailand and Philippines. Your country had the potential to surpass Thailand and Philippines.

So what is your opinion? why is it poorer than what western economists expected?

I don't agree with you about population. Why a much bigger population country are better than smaller ?
Japan 140 mil, USA 300 mil, India, 1.2 billion, Vietnam 93 million

Vietnam is not easy to surpass Thailand but Indonesia ...

poorness because corruption and wasting of capital and resource.
Vietnam get rich if don't sell raw material to China, and process them inside and export more valued goods

Philippines GDP per capita at present is $2,765, a "Lower middle income" country and an economic "growth" of 6.6%

That means your country is heading towards the upper middle income, if the growth is sustained. I am myself surprissed that your economy is higher and growing better than Vietnam.

I don't agree with you about population. Why a much bigger population country are better than smaller ?
Japan 140 mil, USA 300 mil, India, 1.2 billion, Vietnam 93 million

Vietnam is not easy to surpass Thailand but Indonesia ...

poorness because corruption and wasting of capital and resource.
Vietnam get rich if don't sell raw material to China, and process them inside and export more valued goods

I was talking about the overall economy. Indonesia's GDP per capita is not as high as Thailand (Indonesia GDP per capita is only $3500), but their nominal GDP is more than double Thailand. Simply, they have a much bigger population. Same as China, per capita is not high but their economy is world's second.

You cannot compare Japan/US to Vietnam/Thailand, their GDP per capita is way more higher.

I agree with your opinion, poor management. Poor planning and invest is wrong place. Check the term Middle Income Trap:

Middle income trap - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It exactly describe your country. Alot of economists warn your country about that, but your leaders didn't listen.

That means your country is heading towards the upper middle income, if the growth is sustained. I am myself surprissed that your economy is higher and growing better than Vietnam.

If it is sustained and no political mishaps will occur although few changes in the economic policies (which is needed) will accelerate growth even further.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom