What's new

USAID: Vietnam per capita income should be over $7000, not $1500

If it is sustained and no political mishaps will occur although few changes in the economic policies (which is needed) will accelerate growth even further.

Dont offend but I prefer a 140 mil with 50,000 USD / year / person of Japan ; to 1.4 billion with 5,000 USD / year / person in China

Dont offend but I prefer a 140 mil with 50,000 USD / year / person of Japan ; to 1.4 billion with 5,000 USD / year / person in China

China is still not a developed country. No one said that. So their per capita figure is still low. But most prediction is that they are on the right track and will be fully developed by 2025-2030. The important thing to have is good planning policy and maintaining the high growth rate. This will get them out of middle income trap.

But your country is not on the right track. Growth is low, and you are losing investors. Most western companies are not interested in your country anymore, except for low tech and food chain like Mcdonald. Most investors are Asian companies like Samsung/LG because they can exploit cheap labor and demand good incentives like cheap tax. Hi tech western company like Intel already disappointed with your country because no plan were made to prepare the necessary infrastructure and no high-trained staffs were ready.

Your country don't diversify like China. They still want to depend on cheap labor manufacturing. When Samsung take advantage of cheap tax rate for first 10 years, your country average wage will also go up and they say bye bye.... and move to cheaper country. Thank you for cheap labor and cheap tax... and good luck with pollution we left behind.

You see, this is the exact scenario of country trap in middle income. So I don't think your country will reach developed status or upper middle income in the next 10 years.

Can you share the normal life in China? Don't post the skyscraper ...
article-2239084-163AE3E8000005DC-939964x641.jpg

Vietnamese workers at dorm
com.jpg

Let look directly at Vietnam issues, never find the same issues outside to cover internal weakness.

Quite frankly, I think this is exactly what your govt is trying to do with the SCS conflict. My opinion is that they are instigating the anti-Chinese sentiment and dispute to distract the VN people from their failed economy reform.

People also accused the same thing with China and the dispute in ECS. They say china was trying to distract from internal weakness.

But the data is showing that China is doing good (including the fight against corruption and terrorism) and the data shows that Vietnam is not doing good. You can judge for yourself.

Black Flag, ... we both cannot measure exactly what going on in China.
Be noted, Vietnam govt never did what you think, because Vietnam follow non-intervene policy.

Let see : in Vietnam, everybody post everything onto their Facebook wall, view what going on Youtube uploaded by everybody all over the world, including Vietnamese. Free using any social network service they like ... every minute.
For newspaper, media .. Vietnam has more freedom than in China ...
We did not expect to get the same in China

Saigon street 1967 and 2013
Sai-Gon-1967-2013.jpg

Last edited:
some pictures from VN

new Nhat Tan Bridge to
Noi Bai international airport
ANH%201.JPG

ANH%202.JPG

ANH%203.JPG

ANH%204.JPG

ANH%205.JPG

ANH%206.JPG

ANH%207.JPG

ANH%208.JPG

Times city (Hanoi)

royal-city.jpg

Last edited:
That's still nothing to compare to China road, or Thailand, Malaysia road ..
But I focus much on daily life, standard of living each family.

Vietnam income very low, mean service charges in Vietnam very low or even free of charge.
Taxi charge : so low,

Fresh fruit mobile seller, visit your home door everyday

muon-ve-viet-nam-5.jpg

by the time when the Times city is finished, it should look like

5578589936_8cdcdb0b25.jpg

5578006433_b9573e3dbf.jpg

5578006127_c8466521b5.jpg

5578007139_64921586e9.jpg

Black Flag, ... we both cannot measure exactly what going on in China.
Let see : in Vietnam, everybody post everything onto their Facebook wall, view what going on Youtube uploaded by everybody all over the world, including Vietnamese.
For newspaper, media .. Vietnam has more freedom than in China ...
We did not expect to get the same in China

Saigon street 1967 and 2013
Sai-Gon-1967-2013.jpg

Restricting Facebook, Google, etc, is not really about censorship. It's mostly about promoting local companies like weibo and Baidu over foreign ones. People can talk sh! t on weibo.

That two pics, it looks like your country went backwards. It looked more developed before with all that cars instead of bikes. But I can argue that the war and embargo causes the decline.

What I'm interested is the period after the embargo until now. The western economists practically said that your country could have had a bigger economy than Thailand and the Philippines right now if your leaders planned well. I was surprised by that.

Your population same same with Thailand and Philippines, if your income per capita is over $7000 by now, then it would be very likely that you could have a bigger economy (nominal GDP) than Thailand and Philippines now.

Btw, I've visited Thailand before, their developed urban area is very nice and clean, better than some parts in Australia.

some pictures from VN

new Nhat Tan Bridge to
Noi Bai international airport
ANH%201.JPG

ANH%202.JPG

ANH%203.JPG

ANH%204.JPG

ANH%205.JPG

ANH%206.JPG

ANH%207.JPG

ANH%208.JPG

Times city (Hanoi)

royal-city.jpg

What's the point of posting pics like these? I can also find pics of tall building and clean roads from poor African country.

Look at the data posted, VN economy is way underperforming.

Can you share the normal life in China? Don't post the skyscraper ...
article-2239084-163AE3E8000005DC-939964x641.jpg

Vietnamese workers at dorm
com.jpg

I don't live in China. You can find pics of daily life in china on Google. This is not a comparison match between China and Vietnam, even though the economic data from China is a lot more positive.

Maybe you can find comparison pics between Thailand and Vietnam, and see what your country should have become right now.

I 've visited Thailand 8 times,
I remember the most the image of the labours sit on back of pickup truck, under tropical sunlight 45 C degree, while the boss inside aircon cabin ... at speed 120-160km/h ...
Vietnam never accept that both safety aspect and feeling ..
The gap between rich and poor bigger than in Vietnam

image9.jpg

VN is underrated. VN should at least have a $100,000 GDP per capital.

They will surpass Luxembourg next year.

@Edison Chen ,@LeveragedBuyout , @Chinese-Dragon et al,

If Vietnam's per capital is $1400 per year then, you know what i'm thinking, right? That means if we go to Viet Nam, we can get more Bang for our Buck.

Time to go to Viet Nam for Vay Cay! :-)

about the two picture 1967, 2013 ...
I must explain that, the people in 2013 has motorbike to ride, in 1967 they can only travel by their foot.
The rich in 2013 use luxury cars like RollRoyce phantom, Bentley, at least Mercedes ...
even buy their own aircraft, helicopter ...

Why so many motorbike? the riders would be MRT traveller once Saigon completed its MRT networks next few years.
Lack of public effective means of transport beside intercity bus is the reason.

@Edison Chen ,@LeveragedBuyout , @Chinese-Dragon et al,

If Vietnam's per capital is $1400 per year then, you know what i'm thinking, right? That means if we go to Viet Nam, we can get more Bang for our Buck.

Time to go to Viet Nam for Vay Cay! :-)
yes it's cheap / you could see that when you book your hotel room, take a taxi,
sorry, even when you ask for a callgirl overnight, cheap too. ie. 50-100$/night

Chinese friends told me "marrying a girl in China same as buying something, big savings for beautiful, small pocket for ugly ...."
so that's their way to buy wife. They rush for Vietnam wife, because it's cheaper in Vietnam to have more beautiful wife at a given amount.

Last edited:
I 've visited Thailand 8 times,
I remember the most the image of the labours sit on back of pickup truck, under tropical sunlight 45 C degree, while the boss inside aircon cabin ... at speed 120-160km/h ...
Vietnam never accept that both safety aspect and feeling ..
The gap between rich and poor bigger than in Vietnam

image9.jpg

Ive been to Krungthep (Bangkok) one time, and will say the weather, the environment felt like I was in Manila, Philippines. Its Hot, Humid, Crowded.

I would prefer the Philippines' bustling city in the south --- Cebu City. Or Malaysia's city of Kota Kinabalu. Both were very nice, calm, people were clean, kind, environment was cool, windy, lack of over-crowded slums.

I've never been to Viet Nam, so I cannot make a comparison.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom