What's new

USAID: Vietnam per capita income should be over $7000, not $1500

I 've visited Thailand 8 times,
I remember the most the image of the labours sit on back of pickup truck, under tropical sunlight 45 C degree, while the boss inside aircon cabin ... at speed 120-160km/h ...
Vietnam never accept that both safety aspect and feeling ..
The gap between rich and poor bigger than in Vietnam

image9.jpg

That looks like Pic of their water festival thing. But yes, there are gap between rich and poor, and I saw some ghetto area look much worst than the pic you show.

But generally, I find their streets and infrastructure very developed. I travelled by bus from Bangkok to phong nga, and even their Street in rural area is very smooth and clean.

I havent been to VN. but I had a white classmate who have been to both and say that road and infrastructure in Thailand is much better than VN, on average.

I 've visited Thailand 8 times,
I remember the most the image of the labours sit on back of pickup truck, under tropical sunlight 45 C degree, while the boss inside aircon cabin ... at speed 120-160km/h ...
Vietnam never accept that both safety aspect and feeling ..
The gap between rich and poor bigger than in Vietnam

image9.jpg

The picture looks like during Songkran. Maybe Pee Chai @somsak can clarify for us.

Kap kon na krab, @somsak

That looks like Pic of their water festival thing. But yes, there are gap between rich and poor, and I saw some ghetto area look much worst than the pic you show.

But generally, I find their streets and infrastructure very developed. I travelled by bus from Bangkok to phong nga, and even their Street in rural area is very smooth and clean.

I havent been to VN. but I had a white classmate who have been to both and say that road and infrastructure in Thailand is much better than VN, on average.
it's true ...
the picture for reference only. I cannot take the photo what I saw in the high way.
the farmers of Thailand is poorer than farmers in Vietnam. The big boss richer.

Thai average income equal China

yes it's cheap / you could see that when you book your hotel room, take a taxi,
sorry, even when you ask for a callgirl overnight, cheap too. ie. 50-100$/night

Really? Room, Taxi, and extra stuff for that cheap?

How much is dining out in Viet Nam? Let's say fine dining, and street food /vendor costs?

I like to experience Vietnam for Vietnam, you know?

I like back packing and exploring around ....tasting and feeling the native sights and sounds.

Ive been to Krungthep (Bangkok) one time, and will say the weather, the environment felt like I was in Manila, Philippines. Its Hot, Humid, Crowded.

I would prefer the Philippines' bustling city in the south --- Cebu City. Or Malaysia's city of Kota Kinabalu. Both were very nice, calm, people were clean, kind, environment was cool, windy, lack of over-crowded slums.

I've never been to Viet Nam, so I cannot make a comparison.

Are you serious? I can't remember what the area in Bangkok I visited, it is crowded and humid yes. But it was very clean and the streets were filled with nice new cars. Even their taxi looks great.

I've been to both metro Manila and Cebu and it's not better than Thailand. The traffic is chaotic and too many Jeepney and tricycles going around like they own the roads. The Makati area was pretty modern but not nice as Bangkok.

OT: Where are you originally from, @Black Flag ?

I've friends from Japan who went to vacation in Viet Nam, and then in Cambodia (Sihanoukville), and told me the night life over there is really good. They've been enticing me to go with them next time.

For me, if i want night life or just a good ol fashion relax time, I like to spend it in Philippines. I love traveling from island to island; Cebu, Bohol, Leyte, Negros, Camuigin etc.

But definitely, next time, i will have to check out what Viet Nam is all about.... :-)

My experience to bring my Japanese customer to Ha Long Bay
hotel room 4 star Bay-view, normal rate 80$, tour rate 60$, my rate for him : 38$ feedback : excellent
dining out in Ha Long Bay , fresh seafood 8 person in aircon private room with 1 waitress : 130 $

it's true ...
the picture for reference only. I cannot take the photo what I saw in the high way.
the farmers of Thailand is poorer than farmers in Vietnam. The big boss richer.

Thai average income equal China

Did you see that they have many many nice modern cars on their streets? much more than Vietnam yes? I can tell you, when I was there I saw more nice cars than in the streets of Sydney Australia. Also the roads in Thailand are much smoother than the roads in Sydney haha.

My experience to bring my Japanese customer to Ha Long Bay
hotel room 4 star Bay-view, normal rate 80$, tour rate 60$, my rate for him : 38$ feedback : excellent
dining out in Ha Long Bay , fresh seafood 8 person in aircon private room with 1 waitress : 130 $

Ah, very nice.

It is almost like in Cebu City. I stayed at Crown Regency Hotel and paid around $90 per day, with a king sized bed, egyptian cotton sheets, a view of the Cebu City Harbor, room was huge. The amenities also were...exceedingly above par.... :lol:

In Cebu, I can bring my Filipino friends to dinner in their SM Cebu City Mall , and treat them out at Gerry's Grill resto. Fed some 6 people , for all less than $150. It is so affordable!

In Japan, if i take my gf or what not, i pay for dinner and it will be already $150-$200....:lol::lol::lol:

Are you serious? I can't remember what the area in Bangkok I visited, it is crowded and humid yes. But it was very clean and the streets were filled with nice new cars. Even their taxi looks great.

I've been to both metro Manila and Cebu and it's not better than Thailand. The traffic is chaotic and too many Jeepney and tricycles going around like they own the roads. The Makati area was pretty modern but not nice as Bangkok.

Yes. Perhaps the time was a variable. I was in Manila in July of 2010, and as soon as i stepped off the plane, the absolute heat and humidity took me by surprise. Stayed there for a week.

Then I took Cebu Pacific airways from Manila to Cebu, and one thing i notice , immediate difference, is that its cooler in Cebu than Manila. Streets are cleaner, people are generally more friendly, food tastes better as well.

Did you see that they have many many nice modern cars on their streets? much more than Vietnam yes? I can tell you, when I was there I saw more nice cars than in the streets of Sydney Australia. Also the roads in Thailand are much smoother than the roads in Sydney haha.

my jobs are selling Made in Vietnam autoparts to GM Thailand. so I could confirm your observation,
their car cheaper, mostly pickup truck in highway about 2/3 is pickup truck.

but Malaysia better than Thailand.

Singapore much better but most expensive. 90$ is not enough for 1 tiny room fit a double at budget hotel in Singapore, area less than 7m2.

IN Vietnam hotel room around 25-35m2

Last edited:
my jobs are selling Made in Vietnam autoparts to GM Thailand. so I could confirm your observation,
their car cheaper, mostly pickup truck in highway about 2/3 is pickup truck.

but Malaysia better than Thailand.

Singapore much better but most expensive.

GM? Bah, when did you start driving American Made? :astagh:

If you want to get a pick up truck, get a TOYOTA Hillux, Tacoma or HONDA Ridgline or NISSAN Frontier

:lol:

GM? Bah, when did you start driving American Made? :astagh:

If you want to get a pick up truck, get a TOYOTA Hillux, Tacoma or HONDA Ridgline or NISSAN Frontier

:lol:

I also visit Yokohama plant in Rayong Thailand, and after the meeting the Japanese director helped to bring me to Suvarnabhumi airport to come back Vietnam, he come back Japan ...
Likely pickup truck sold in Vietnam built in Thailand,

It could be Hilux, Chevrolet Colorado, Mitsubishi Triton, Nissan Navarra, or Isuzu D-max built by GM Thailand.

I 've ever ride an armored Chevrolet of US Embassy in Hanoi.

OT: Where are you originally from, @Black Flag ?

I've friends from Japan who went to vacation in Viet Nam, and then in Cambodia (Sihanoukville), and told me the night life over there is really good. They've been enticing me to go with them next time.

For me, if i want night life or just a good ol fashion relax time, I like to spend it in Philippines. I love traveling from island to island; Cebu, Bohol, Leyte, Negros, Camuigin etc.

But definitely, next time, i will have to check out what Viet Nam is all about.... :-)

It doesn't matter where I'm from, but where I'm going haha. And I'm goin to apply for Australian residency soon.

I wanted to visit VN too, I can probably fit in as a local. But I don't have any friends that wants to go with me to VN lol. And I don't travel alone. Maybe Boq77 and NiceGuy can show me around, and eat popcorn all day.

Philippines is easier to travel around because most of the locals can speak English. And cheaper than Thailand, you cant starve in Philippines because of 99peso dinner lol. But I like Thailand experience much more, way better food.

I also visit Yokohama plant in Rayong Thailand, and after the meeting the Japanese director helped to bring me to Suvarnabhumi airport to come back Vietnam, he come back Japan ...
Likely pickup truck sold in Vietnam built in Thailand,

It could be Hilux, Chevrolet Colorado, Mitsubishi Triton, Nissan Navarra, or Isuzu D-max built by GM Thailand.

I 've ever ride an armored Chevrolet of US Embassy in Hanoi.

He he , I am just impressed how Viet Nam and Thailand are now becoming manufacturing hubs for a lot of foreign businesses. Be they Japanese or American car companies.

Chevy Colorado is nice, i also like the Ford F-150 Raptor, my man...

It doesn't matter where I'm from, but where I'm going haha. And I'm goin to apply for Australian residency soon.

Ha! Nice.

I wanted to visit VN too, I can probably fit in as a local. But I don't have any friends that wants to go with me to VN lol. And I don't travel alone. Maybe Boq77 and NiceGuy can show me around, and eat popcorn all day.
LOL, i'm sure they can show you around the nice areas, you know, them touristy fun stuff...ehem.. :lol:

Philippines is easier to travel around because most of the locals can speak English. And cheaper than Thailand, you cant starve in Philippines because of 99peso dinner lol. But I like Thailand experience much more, way better food.

Ha ha ha. 99 peso dinner, LOL. Or the 10 peso coke bottles? If i go there the tavern owner asks if I'm Korean (i'm guessing this is because there's a lot of Korean sutdents in Cebu City).

Last edited:
Ha ha ha. 99 peso dinner, LOL. Or the 10 peso coke bottles? If i go there the tavern owner asks if I'm Korean (i'm guessing this is because there's a lot of Korean sutdents in Cebu City).

What bottle????? I ask them to buy a coke glass bottle.... and they empty the drink into a plastic bag and stick in a straw for me LOL. I'm not even sure if it is real coke.
When I'm with my Korean buddy, they think I Korean, when I'm by myself they think I Filipino. Beat that.

Back
Top Bottom