What's new

USAF delivered pakistan two embargoed Pakistani F-16s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything from uncle Sam is welcome. Especially if it is free of cost.

Diversification and self sufficiency is key for Pakistan.

Nope.

Block 60 is a customer specific development. All the R&D charges, which amounted to US$3 billion, were paid by UAE. So the answer is that will never be a possibility for another customer.

We did not pay for all 71 as far as I know. We stopped making payments as US invoked Pressler Amendment.

Not happening. If Su-35 story is true, the number will be small that it will not lure US into some sort of competition. Pakistan is not a big arms market. Its potential and buying capacity is quite limited.

The best is to get the additional Block 52s. They dont need Congress approval. The deal for 36 planes was already cleared. Pakistan took 18 of them back in 2006.
The PAF could (theoretically) order a variant of the Block-52+ that uses an AESA radar and newer ECM/EW suites. But for the sake of commonality and cost savings, PAF would (if it is getting new F-16s) go for 1 or 2 squadrons of new Block-52+. Besides that (or instead) it might also go for surplus F-16C/Ds and upgrade them with the Block-52+'s subsystems, making it similar to MLU (or more accurately, CCIP).

PAF's next step should be to try to acquire Block 60.

The Yanks ain't giving that one. They would consider it as too sensitive.
Even i heard that Block 52+ is under supervision of the US any maintenance will be monitored by USA.

Even i heard that Block 52+ is under supervision of the US any maintenance will be monitored by USA.

You're right on the money. They have signed a very comprehensive and intrusive security plan. To get an idea:

Proposed Sale of F-16 Aircraft and Weapons Systems of Pakistan

An excerpt from the same link:

"We, of course, have had a U.S. Government security site survey of their bases and facilities. We have put into the deal that they must comply with the approved security plans for their F–16 related bases and facilities before we will release any systems in the sale. We will have a U.S. presence to monitor compliance with the security plan requirements. A very enhanced end-use monitoring program. Semiannual inventories of all F–16 aircraft equipment and munitions, including related technical data. More frequent inventories for other systems. There are separate and distinct and restricted areas for the F–16 aircraft equipment and munitions. And no mixing with third-country origin aircraft equipment and munitions, and all of this will be monitored. Routine access to F–16 aircraft and munitions is in restricted areas and limited to Pakistan Air Force personnel that are preapproved for such. There is a two-man rule, so to speak, for access to this equipment and restricted areas. And F–16 flights outside of Pakistan and participation in exercises and operations with third nations must be approved in advance by the United States Government. The maintenance is limited to remove and replace line replaceable units and shop replaceable units. And Pakistani Air Force personnel must perform the maintenance. No Pakistan contractors, industry, or third-country nationals. We have also mandated that the F–16 maintenance and parts storage must be in dedicated facilities. Also part of the overall surveillance plan."

My opinion on the matter is straight forward. As long as these systems are delivered as freebies through a coalition fund we don't have much to complaint about. In all other instances, the F-16 shouldn't be purchased with such a set of ridiculous conditions.

Last edited:
the Jordanian F16s are they MULed? or basic currently being used for point defense ?

as for future F16s we should avoid american weapons further they always come with a heavy cost in terms of strings attached and favors required of us.

92622 (cn DH-10) This Viper was to be delivered to Pakistan but was embargoed and stored in AMARC in July 1994. Then was transferred to 416 FLTS 'ED' in January 2003 and now is delivered finally to the initial customer.

: Pakistan - Air Force
: Lockheed F-16B Fighting Falcon
Lajes (Terceira Island - Lajes) (BA4) (TER / LPLA) Portugal - Azores, August 3, 2015

2700973.jpg

This bloody f 16 is a hell of a fighter. This will be a cause of concern for India.

It's a good idea
They are far more reliable than the flying coffin F-7s and Miragea

Wow makes me proud that atlast we r getting the f 16 insha Allah...with these our strength is going to grow again..
i think we should get more of these planes as they r far better than the Chinese stuff...

I liked the photo of this particular viper so much that i uploaded it as my avatar.....seems like the PAF is going my way of procuring more -16's....way to go guys...get as many of them as possible:enjoy:

Anything from uncle Sam is welcome. Especially if it is free of cost.

Diversification and self sufficiency is key for Pakistan.
How many vipers are stillbto be received by Pakistan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom