What's new

F-16: Made in India, Future of PAF F-16s

Status
Not open for further replies.
F16 is made ..actually assembled at many locations including Turkey and Israel..no two air-forces fly similar F16 to begin with...and beside F16 cannot be "made" in India..there is no such industrial capacity to do it...and not to mention transfer of hundreds of secret technologies and manufacturing techniques..it will only be assembled..

What about 4.5 gen? There needs to be a stop gap until Pakistan gets a fifth gen aircraft many, many years later.
F16s in their current numbers are not enough. Pakistan will need another 4.5 gen fighter, preferably the j10 or the su 35.

China is not enthusiastic enough to sell J-10.SU-35 is not available yet,and it is extremely costly.Eg. India bought few last batches of SU-30 MKI @ $90 million or more.You can guess what SU-35 can cost.

SU-35's flyaway cost is around $65 mil,which puts cost per aircraft way over $100 mil.And not to mention Pakistan wants a small batch,not massive numbers like India bought.

I think J-31 will be the ultimate replacement of F-16. But it is FAR from ready. Chinese are looking for joint program with Pakistan with some investment from Pakistan. However, Pakistan does not have cash for that. Also J-31 is not Chinese priority, they are busy finalizing their J-20. I think, if Pak can strike a deal of J-20, that will be great. I know that its near impossible, but still, if they give a try.

J-31 will still need another 5-6 years to come into production. PAF need to first commit to the project and then try to accelerate it.

Dear friend, thanks for your view points.

Yes, the virus of we have no money has captured the mind. indians constantly taunting you have had its desired effect.

It is clear.

Why loose the capacity of creative thinking and let your confidence sap away?

The world is full of money. Even in the most impoverished state never allow your mind to accept defeat.

China had no money thirty years ago. And now China has more money than any one else.

What can you learn from them.

Just an example: With security and stability of your brother Saudi getting worst... your good country offer all of GCC a security framework... this will solve your money problems in one stroke and will be even benefitial to your economy.

J31 is an export fighter just like J20. China never sells its best. J20 is a strategic platform for China.

Whatever way your PAF chooses it must lead to self reliance and independence.

All the best.

I had stated that forget all that - India should sell its LCA to Pakistan. I was banned for a couple days because the moderator - I think it was @Oscar thought I trolling. I was serious. Absurd that both countries spend so much on imported weapons.
Trying to offer a failed project with imported engines, radar, radome and pretty much impossible to maintain is nothing short of trolling. You made that as a trolling post and there is nothing beyond it.

As for Christine Fair, the woman is frothing from her lips at Pakistan and this frustrated rant shows.

India is a country that can't even be made out of bullets.

F 16 will loose it's legacy if Lockheed Martin transfers technology to India. Latest F16 models are not comparable to old because R&D department continuously upgrading the capabilities of it's platform and will upgrade it to higher standardslater. I think Indians are not capable to enhance the platform time to time due to lack of mind and research approach. Yes if LM transferred the technology to India there will be two categories Indian made and US made, so off course due to cheap labor Indian f 16 will be cheaper and of low quality.
After 20 years the technology will boost and US LM f16 will reach new horizon and the Indian made will remain as it is. So this deal is worthless.
Mark my words.

Ohh man, even though manufacturing line transferred to India, it will still be US LM F-16 - developed and future upgraded by LM. :lol:

Re
@MastanKhan @araz @Viper0011. @Windjammer

Christine Fair in an internationally acclaimed scholar. Her Pakistan-centeric publications are known to everyone.

In such a scenario, what will be PAF's options? How will PAF's fleet of F-16 survive? What PAF will be left with to pitch against IAF?

Ultimately India will be sole "Chaudhry" of Asia?
Relax! Here's where your all weather friend comes in. The option will be to go for the Chengdu J-10 or J-20 in place of the F-16s. But what are you guys going to do with the 76 F-16s with no spares available? They will all be eventually grounded. Or you may think of selling them to a third country for which you would need permission from the US of A.

That said I think it is a good idea to pursue this offer of manufacturing F-16 Blk 70 in India which is a state of the art 4++ gen fighter. And there are dozens of countries with earlier block F-16s who would be dependent on India for spares. The spanking new blk 70/72 would have a lot of export potential as it would be extremely cost effective. We should go in for this proposal forthwith.

f-16in-mk_l.jpg

20090617074047.jpg

bsizh55wtlyv4v6ck7ul.JPG

upload_2016-7-29_19-55-17.gif

F 16 will loose it's legacy if Lockheed Martin transfers technology to India. Latest F16 models are not comparable to old because R&D department continuously upgrading the capabilities of it's platform and will upgrade it to higher standardslater. I think Indians are not capable to enhance the platform time to time due to lack of mind and research approach. Yes if LM transferred the technology to India there will be two categories Indian made and US made, so off course due to cheap labor Indian f 16 will be cheaper and of low quality.
After 20 years the technology will boost and US LM f16 will reach new horizon and the Indian made will remain as it is. So this deal is worthless.
Mark my words.
@Windjammer @Horus @waz

hollysh.. what kind of wishful thinking is that lol damn sir u just took stupidity to new level

Ohh man, even though manufacturing line transferred to India, it will still be US LM F-16 - developed and future upgraded by LM. :lol:
What do you think they will give you the latest technology. Even LM depends upon many other departments of US.

What these people want is to clean to way for India, remove all obsticles (Pakistan) So it can take care of China problem for them. Divide and rule as before :-)

India China lar parre ghe, ek dosre ko tubha aur burbaad kar de ghe aur chudry koi aur baan jae gha, jiss ka koi nuksaan nahi hoe gha, jeg plan he inn logo ke India ke lie.

Tore ji....tusi bilkul thik kaha rahi...aap ki baat se bilkul itfaq rakhta hun....

Tori ji lakin hum aap logo se kafi kuch sheek gayai.....inko kase sambhalna he...hum wo galatiya nahi katai ge....sirf humara intrest pahle rahai ga fir US kai.....

Yai sab...humarai defence development kai leyai pahle he....china uskai baad...

hollysh.. what kind of wishful thinking is that lol damn sir u just took stupidity to new level
This is reality.
F16 TOT to India will be the stupidest deal ever. A stupid nation like you cannot maintain the standards of mighty machine.

Christine Fair in an internationally acclaimed scholar. Her Pakistan-centeric publications are known to everyone.

In such a scenario, what will be PAF's options? How will PAF's fleet of F-16 survive? What PAF will be left with to pitch against IAF?

I do not know what is worse - for Pakistan to import f-16 parts from India or for India to export f-16 parts to Pakistan

This is reality.
F16 TOT to India will be the stupidest deal ever. A stupid nation like you cannot maintain the standards of mighty machine.

do you really think there can be TOT on something as complex as the F-16 ? If the iaf places a big order lockheed has offered to shift the assembly line to India ? maybe manufacture some parts in India.

What do you think they will give you the latest technology. Even LM depends upon many other departments of US.

They will not. Critical component technology will not be shared and we will simply assemble them in case F-16 or 18 will be manufactured in India.

processing f-16 into ROSE style upgrade to get desired weaponry
reverse engineering of most of things in it i think

for Pakistan to import f-16 parts from India or for India to export f-16 parts to Pakistan
it is going to be a little funny if happened

I dont know when nd how this happend....hoga be ya nahi.....

But If Pakistan don't consider as their enemy....

F-16 tho kya every single development, in science, in sports in every feld we can share with them the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom