What's new

USAF delivered pakistan two embargoed Pakistani F-16s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of 71 remaining, I guess 28 have already been delivered.

So, this means 43 F-16 A/B are remaining now. I guess if PAF tries and negotiate with US Govt. and offer them money for the upgrade of these 43 F-16s for an overhaul of Airframes and Engines along with MLU-4 then I'm sure they will release and will fill up the numbers from their reserves as some F-16s have been lost in USA which was originally manufactured for PAF.

Moreover, ex-USAF F-16s A/B can also be considered besides the idea of acquiring new ones.

So, this means 43 F-16 A/B are remaining now. I guess if PAF tries and negotiate with US Govt. and offer them money for the upgrade of these 43 F-16s for an overhaul of Airframes and Engines along with MLU-4 then I'm sure they will release and will fill up the numbers from their reserves as some F-16s have been lost in USA which was originally manufactured for PAF.

Moreover, ex-USAF F-16s A/B can also be considered besides the idea of acquiring new ones.
28 were built but not all of them were delivered, a number are still in service with the USN and the 43 remaining were never built. As much as some of us would like more F-16s it seems unlikely unless the Biden administration decides to stay in Afghanistan.

14 were delivered and those were the ones used by USAF, particularly for flight testing. The USN ones stayed at Top Gun and there is no point pursuing them seeing how used they are.

14 were delivered and those were the ones used by USAF, particularly for flight testing. The USN ones stayed at Top Gun and there is no point pursuing them seeing how used they are.
why not? structural upgrade/overhaul plus MLU (or over optimistically Block 70/72) and they're good to go

Anyone still looking for F-16s must listen to the interview given by Lockheed Martin India's head. They are engaged with TATA and other Indian businesses at strategic level including ToT. For PAF, era of F-16 is over. Baiden administration is going to pressurize Pakistan on Afghanistan and there is a great likelihood that eventually Pakistan will be blamed for American failure in Afghanistan. It's time to wake up guys!

Reactions: HRK
Anyone still looking for F-16s must listen to the interview given by Lockheed Martin India's head. They are engaged with TATA and other Indian businesses at strategic level including ToT. For PAF, era of F-16 is over. Baiden administration is going to pressurize Pakistan on Afghanistan and there is a great likelihood that eventually Pakistan will be blamed for American failure in Afghanistan. It's time to wake up guys!
That's LM wish since yrs but if Indian Govt won't procure any US LM jet that partnership with TATA is useless. Best shot for LM to sell further vipers is Pak in subcontinent not india they opted more Rafale along LCA way farward.
Biden Govt has very little room to Manoeuvre in Afghanistan saga today Taliban asked Ghani Govt to resign for ceasefire Pak has nothing to do with Afghanistan at some extent they can help US to bring Taliban on table if US withdrawa from agreements not Pak fault very simple

The value of LM conversations with TATA are only applicable if India purchases the platform in large numbers. The F16 is an end of line product for LM, and it makes no sense to invest new manufacturing infrastructure for it. They will run down what they have already. Moving the LM factory recently to a new location in the USA is part of that strategy.

Indian labour will be cheaper, but if you consider the type of "roles" they are(high-end manufacturing), the multiper in salary difference will not be the same as IT jobs between the west, and India, so it will not be cost-effective.

That's LM wish since yrs but if Indian Govt won't procure any US LM jet that partnership with TATA is useless. Best shot for LM to sell further vipers is Pak in subcontinent not india they opted more Rafale along LCA way farward.
Biden Govt has very little room to Manoeuvre in Afghanistan saga today Taliban asked Ghani Govt to resign for ceasefire Pak has nothing to do with Afghanistan at some extent they can help US to bring Taliban on table if US withdrawa from agreements not Pak fault very simple

Realistically, IAF wanted to purchase Euro Fighter but the only reason why IAF purchased Rafale was to keep Pakistan away from French technology who were willing to sell modern JF-17 package and possiablity Rafale. India also wants to keep Pakistan from US warplanes so they will likely purchase either F-18 or F-16s as well.

Guys I'm going to lock this thread. It's very old news and every time it pops up people think it's the start of a new F-16 order.
Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom