What's new

USAF delivered pakistan two embargoed Pakistani F-16s

Status
Not open for further replies.
:yahoo: :usflag: :pakistan: love it. More are being cleaned up and coming. Btw, Viper from PDF has been saying it for a while that more used Vipers are coming.

Even new ones are on the card but Pakistan doesn't like the delivery dates as they'll get manufactured in 2018 and final flying clearance into PAF towards the end of 2018 - early 2019. LM's entire assembly systems has been taken up by higher priority items such as -35's in very large numbers.
I won't be surprise if yanks offer f18 super hornets for PN to suppress SU 35 deal

I won't be surprise if yanks offer f18 super hornets for PN to suppress SU 35 deal

Well, I would be HIGHLY surprised to say the least. -18 tech ain't going to Pakistan. Besides the -22 and -35, some of the most latest AESA related tech is being used on the -18. And no, the US won't stop Pakistan from getting SU-35 or the J-11Ds, you can bet on it. Pakistan won't acquire twin-engined American platforms, simply too expensive for you.

I'd be interested in seeing if USN decides to release their Peace Gate III/IV F-16s anytime soon. With all that aggressor training I am sure those airframes would be worn, but if given free of cost and paired with Falcon STAR and possibly even LESP upgrade, they could be of solid use to the PAF.

Anyways, in terms of new aircraft, I can only see PAF focusing on getting 1 or 2 squadrons of new built Block-52+ and 2 or 3 squadrons of surplus F-16C/Ds with Block-52/MLU-level upgrade kits. If the PAF can raise the F-16 fleet to 150 and pair them with newer model AIM-120C7/D and AIM-9X, they'd be well set until the J-31 comes to fruition. But if the PAF does come across some money on the side, I personally wouldn't mind 2 or 3 squadrons of Eurofighter Typhoon or Su-35.

This would be a big trap for Pakistan. Even if PAF agrees to buy F/18, U.S will not deliver on time just like AH-1Z. So it would be better for us to stick with SU-35 deal.

:yahoo: :usflag: :pakistan: love it. More are being cleaned up and coming. Btw, Viper from PDF has been saying it for a while that more used Vipers are coming.

Even new ones are on the card but Pakistan doesn't like the delivery dates as they'll get manufactured in 2018 and final flying clearance into PAF towards the end of 2018 - early 2019. LM's entire assembly systems has been taken up by higher priority items such as -35's in very large numbers.
what are vipers ?

well technically aircraft manufactures offer jet to anyone. Pakistan was offered the eft, rafale f15 and f18 but actually purchasing them is a completely different.

InshAllah, I don't know how long we stay in this money nightmares. I predict we will arrive in better situations and first milestone ($1 Trillion Dollars Economy) in year of 2099.

@shaheenmissile , maybe that's options either Typoon or Rafale.

DSC08206.jpg
I will vote for Eurofighters.

Well, I would be HIGHLY surprised to say the least. -18 tech ain't going to Pakistan. Besides the -22 and -35, some of the most latest AESA related tech is being used on the -18. And no, the US won't stop Pakistan from getting SU-35 or the J-11Ds, you can bet on it. Pakistan won't acquire twin-engined American platforms, simply too expensive for you.
Well i see things other way they sold us AH 1 z what pak never thought about it Blk 52 .pak been offered eurofighter is twin engine french ,Grippen i mean that not big surprise if they offered pak hornets wont be more than 5 to 6 billion 36 planes .pak using Harpoons can be intergrated my two cents what ever will replace mirages will be dadicated Navel Jets twin engines with back up thunders .

Americans r very clever i can assure u they will offer pak F18 when pak will look eurofighter or SU 35 its bussiness after all

we need more F-16s, the americans have hundreds rotting in hangers, if we could get 30 of them it would make a massive impact on our capabilities 118 F-16s+100 JF-17 BLK-2s not bad, .

Yes, let's go for it.

Navy warships - No money
New Tanks, i.e Oplot or MBT3000 - No Money
J-11 - No Money
Su-35 - No Money
T-129 - No Money
Chinook - No Money
J-10B - No Money
F-15 Block 52- No Money
Destroyers - No Money
Aircraft Carriers - No Money
Advanced Frigates - No Money
Expansion Plans - But no money
Typoon/Rafale - No Money
Russia Air defences - No Money
Defence systems - No Money

:hitwall:

Forgot to add one more thing.

German U-216 submarines (cancelled) - No Money

Well i see things other way they sold us AH 1 z what pak never thought about it Blk 52 .pak been offered eurofighter is twin engine french ,Grippen i mean that not big surprise if they offered pak hornets wont be more than 5 to 6 billion 36 planes .pak using Harpoons can be intergrated my two cents what ever will replace mirages will be dadicated Navel Jets twin engines with back up thunders .

There is a lot more to the -18 than you know. Unless watered-down -18's will be offered, which would actually be on par with Block 52 (minus lifting heavier loads). So why pay $ 20-30 million more to get some heavier load carrying capability? Its of no use. The -18 will not be offered as its basic technology package comes from the most recent technology, and very upgraded. They can't just strip out components of software and tech and give it to Pakistan as its all integrated. So due to the Chinese factor, the -18's won't be offered. Pakistan has been looking into many options and the US and the world has known about it. How much effort have you seen made by the US to offer anything beyond the -16's?

Any chance of obtaining Block 60 F-16s?

Nope.

Block 60 is a customer specific development. All the R&D charges, which amounted to US$3 billion, were paid by UAE. So the answer is that will never be a possibility for another customer.

Why Don't Pakistan ask for the Remaining F-16's left...? we paid for them we should get them...

We did not pay for all 71 as far as I know. We stopped making payments as US invoked Pressler Amendment.

Not happening. If Su-35 story is true, the number will be small that it will not lure US into some sort of competition. Pakistan is not a big arms market. Its potential and buying capacity is quite limited.

The best is to get the additional Block 52s. They dont need Congress approval. The deal for 36 planes was already cleared. Pakistan took 18 of them back in 2006.

This would be a big trap for Pakistan. Even if PAF agrees to buy F/18, U.S will not deliver on time just like AH-1Z. So it would be better for us to stick with SU-35 deal.
Pakistan isn't asking & been there & done that ?
USA knew it & they won't offer us any such deal .
They will be happy to see us ,getting SU-35 cause that can open them a opportunity with India ?

Americans r very clever i can assure u they will offer pak F18 when pak will look eurofighter or SU 35 its bussiness after all
If they offer us what will be our choice?
F-18 aur Su35?

Still these embargoed F-16s are better than our current fleet of mirages and F-7s.And these used or embargoed F-16s are a better choice for filling the gap along with JF-17, getting rid of these Mirage-3s and F-7Ps should be priority for PAF while F-7PGs and Mirage-5s can still be used for 8-10 years.

Reactions: HRK
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom