What's new

US to send aircraft carrier strike groups into the Gulf region, after Iran

Why will China never be the "world police"?

The world needs a "world police" to stop deranged terrorist states getting nukes to kill other peaceful nations. Is China not interested in world peace and stopping terrorist nations?

Luckily we have the U.S who has a powerful military that can stop terrorist nations such as Iran from threatning world security. You will find that the majority of nations on earth support America and will willingly provide them back up. Just look at the coalition missions in Afghanistan and Iraq. Over 100 nations involved.

Like I said, we don't even have the power projection in the first place (no blue water navy), so it is a moot point.

And why should we go out and "fix" other countries, when we have so many things to fix back home? We are still a developing country, we don't have the luxury of spending our money on those kinds of adventures, we need to bring our own people out of poverty first.

While you did the same in Nepal till the Maoists kicked the King out?

Read history again. India stopped arms supply to King when we saw that he was getting out of control. If India had decided to back King no matter what, Maoists would have never been in power now.

What other option we had???
Fine, then do not criticize US for making those same political expediencies. Somehow you expect US to deal only with those who are either identical or 'five9s' close to US in ideology and political foundations. I wonder how is that possible when we have no controls over who rises and falls in those countries.

Sorry your logic is flawed.. I still recognize taiwan as real china.

The Indian government already recognized the PRC as the sole representative of China, and dropped diplomatic recognition of Taiwan ages ago.

Atleast we don't claim to be 'Champions of Democracy, Freedom, etc etc '.
When you extolled yourself as the world's largest democracy, you proclaimed yourself such a champion.

Read history again. India stopped arms supply to King when we saw that he was getting out of control. If India had decided to back King no matter what, Maoists would have never been in power now.

Dream on young man and read history again. India had no choice as many of the Maoists were having kith and kin in the Indian Army. Stop being delusional like Iran.

Like I said, we don't even have the power projection in the first place (no blue water navy), so it is a moot point.

And why should we go out and "fix" other countries, when we have so many things to fix back home? We are still a developing country, we don't have the luxury of spending our money on those kinds of adventures, we need to bring our own people out of poverty first.

I never even mentioned the word "fix"

Is China a peaceful nation? Does China want to exist? Does China want to protect its citizens?

If you answer "yes" to all of them, then it is in the best interest of China to work with the rest of the global community in trying to stop terrorist states from trying to build weapons to harm the rest of the world.

There seems to be this massive pretending that Iran is only a threat to the U.S and israel. Any terrorist state with nuclear weapons is a threat to the entire globe, hence why the majority of countries around the world support the U.S in doing something about this Terrorist state.

Hell, China is very very close to iran so any nuclear conflict will have an effect on China and it's people.

When you extolled yourself as the world's largest democracy, you proclaimed yourself such a champion.

These are entirely 2 different things. I for one like my democracy but would not want India to spread our system to others. On the otherhand I like my country to have good relations with a kingdom, dictatorship or another fellow democracy if it benefits us.

These are entirely 2 different things. I for one like my democracy but would not want India to spread our system to others. On the otherhand I like my country to have good relations with a kingdom, dictatorship or another fellow democracy if it benefits us.

So you don't think people should be free, but enslaved?

That logic doesnt seem to work.. That would make China the champion of mankind (largest population of human beings) :)

Dream on young man and read history again. India had no choice as many of the Maoists were having kith and kin in the Indian Army. Stop being delusional like Iran.

Yeah whatever.. King went, Maoist came ....the Indo-Nepalese relation remains the same.

Gambit, Now this is too much. Calling ourself world largest (due to population) or oldest (due to some historical facts) democracy doesn't mean that we are proclaiming messiah of democracy. Please don't put these kind of argument "If you are not my friend , you are definitely my enemy ". Your intellectual level is higher... :)

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom