What's new

US to send aircraft carrier strike groups into the Gulf region, after Iran

The US and our worldwide allies are using economic pressures to seek regime change in Iran.
Pure and simple. And the Iranian military is "posturing" in reaction. International law permits free
passage of our warships and of commercial ships. The young people of Iran want freedom, as do
the young people of Syria, too. Mullahs living in the past who favor religious despotism to hold
down people, prevent objective open minded education, and freedom of all religions will be overcome
by the call of freedom to their people, old and young alike. Happy NewYear to the oppressed
people of Iran, and a Happy and Better 2012 New Year to them all!

With all due respect I will disagree with you. USA (Your country) work for only own benefit, USA don't give a dammn to democracy. Many time USA made alliance with tyrant from pakistan to persia.

Iran was a good place under Shah , But it was they (Irani) who wanted to choose fundamentalism over liberalism. We can not so any thing. Poking American nose in there internal matter is not good.

Having said that I strongly feel if USA Supercarrier was sailing under international law, Iran must not flex muscle.

It takes 10 minutes to launch a fighter from aircraft carrier , 100 iranian missiles will be done doing what they were sent out to do in 1.4 minutes

Hope they brought some floating jackets with them -

And we will see Pearl Harbor Reloaded (Part -2) releasing in 2013...Iran will be another slave of US following Japan after loosing its half of population. God bless world.

With all due respect I will disagree with you. USA (Your country) work for only own benefit, USA don't give a dammn to democracy. Many time USA made alliance with tyrant from pakistan to persia.
You mean like how India, claimed the world's largest democracy, once allied with the Soviet Union?

You mean like how India, claimed the world's largest democracy, once allied with the Soviet Union?

Sort of like how the USA in the 1970's dropped all diplomatic recognition of "democratic" Taiwan, and chose to recognize and side with a Communist country (PRC) instead.

Sort of like how the USA in the 1970's dropped all diplomatic recognition of "democratic" Taiwan, and chose to recognize and side with a Communist country (PRC) instead.
Yes, sort of like that. Political expediencies in foreign policies are inevitable. So drop the criticisms that the US is somehow unique in such. Remember that China dumped the Soviets.

What other option we had??? We were reconstructing our nation after being freed from Brits. In the mean time China attacked us, We went to USA, We asked for help. You didn't helped us (Coz that time India was not fitting in American need). Russia helped us with money,weapons and technology (many steel plants,power plants,School and colleges).

Even after that we never joined there block. We with Nasir and tito opted for non-aligned world. Even being closer to russia we didn't turn tyrant communists. Still today India is not ally of USA or Russia..

Sorry your logic is flawed.. I still recognize taiwan as real china.

@Gambit: if you give reference of my post, please post entire matter. one or two lines of my post never gives clear idea what I said... :)

After you, the champion of democracy, chose to side with dictatorship Pakistan or simply overlook us.

What about India's love affair with Burma, the beacon of Democracy.

We are not the "world police" and we never will be. :wave:

We don't even have a blue water navy yet. So even in theory it doesn't work.

Why will China never be the "world police"?

The world needs a "world police" to stop deranged terrorist states like iran,north korea etc getting nukes to kill other peaceful nations. Is China not interested in world peace and stopping terrorist nations?

If China stepped up and spoke out against terrorist nations, China would recieve a lot more respect from the world community.

Luckily we have the U.S who has a powerful military that can stop terrorist nations such as Iran from threatning world security. You will find that the majority of nations on earth support America and will willingly provide them back up. Just look at the coalition missions in Afghanistan and Iraq. Over 100 nations involved.

Of course Iran can respond.

They can simply gift some weapons to Hezbollah.

In that scenario, Iran has everything to gain and America has everything to lose.
I guess that will be an excellent scenario to watch.....Insha-Allah!.....:)

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom