What's new

US doesn't want to arm Pak against India: Obama to Zardari

Goodness gracious me! It seems that slimy Hussain Haqqani was right in describing Pakistani mentality as being that of a rug trader.

Materialistic, please do think before you write things - maybe Pakistan is run as if it was a rug traders outpost and not a country, can't blame any damn Ferenghi for that.

Why dont u read the whole thing and try to understand in regard with the situation!!!

Im not saying that we are a mercenary army, but after 10 years of war, which are already gone what else can be done/???

As the famous saying goes, Prevention is better than Cure

Now the time of prevention has gone, and the only thing left is the cure to the cancer of terrorism which has eaten up our country inside out.

At this time PA can't even quit this war, that would mean a surrender to Taliban and an offer to allied forces to Invade Pakistan !! Isn't it!!

It was never our war but today we have got our self in to the neck!! So all we can do is fight and kill the terrorists!!

Our economy is busted because of this war and what was left is taken away with the floods, half our military is busy fighting terrorists & saving flood victims.
The only option is to make world realize that this war wasn't ours but we are in today and we have done a lot for the world so they should reimburse us for what we did for them, and that is to pay for our economic & military losses.
Countless lives that we have lost, .................................... :(

What would you suggest an alternative to get out of the mess we are in???

Last edited:
it was never our war but today we have got our self in to the neck!! So all we can do is fight and kill the terrorists!!

See, I could not disagree more - it was always "our war" - these terrorist don't want to take over US or Europe, they want to take over Pakistan.

See, we in Pakistan fed and nurtured this whole islam-ism, a weaponized religion to solve all problems - and our creature got to be turned against us, how can it not be "our war"?

Who is TTP? Americans? Indians? really? No, friend, no Ostrich routine, these Islamist terrorists are first and foremost our enemies, their terms are let us kill the Kafir and we will save you for last, these terms may be acceptable to some, but no to Pakistanis of conscience.

An alternative from this mess? Kill all islamist terrorists and all who fund it and all who propagandize for it -- see, we're i this war, lets win it.

An alternative from this mess? Kill all islamist terrorists and all who fund it and all who propagandize for it -- see, we're i this war, lets win it.

That's what i said since we are already inn the only way out is to fight back and kill the terrorists.

But why i spoke of reimbursement, because IMO we were dragged into the mess.

And yeah this is also a bite back from terrorists too, these terrorists are a left over from cold war era.

And now once for all we need to clean it up!:tup:

See, I could not disagree more - it was always "our war" - these terrorist don't want to take over US or Europe, they want to take over Pakistan.

See, we in Pakistan fed and nurtured this whole islam-ism, a weaponized religion to solve all problems - and our creature got to be turned against us, how can it not be "our war"?

Who is TTP? Americans? Indians? really? No, friend, no Ostrich routine, these Islamist terrorists are first and foremost our enemies, their terms are let us kill the Kafir and we will save you for last, these terms may be acceptable to some, but no to Pakistanis of conscience.

I wish there was a way of thanking a post more than once...:cheers:

Yes they can arm India against Pakistan.....as doing by giving them Civil Nuclear Technology......and just check the Indian Defence budget increasing every year......is for what......to control the indian population that is increasing rapidly or to show the muscles to other countries............a fools play.

Yes they can arm India against Pakistan.....as doing by giving them Civil Nuclear Technology......and just check the Indian Defence budget increasing every year......is for what......to control the indian population that is increasing rapidly or to show the muscles to other countries............a fools play.

No one is arming India against Pakistan. All our defence purchases are commercial deals.

And how is a civilian nuke deal in any way related to Arming..??

Sad but true :cry:, they are turning my beautiful country into a war zone. We are not violent people, i wish all this fiasco ends soon.

I think Muse has a point -- it's better to learn to stand on your own then to always be leaning on someone else. The best option right now is to win this war, and if we have to win it with no outside help, then all the better since no one will be able to say any BS to us.

How much can the U.S. president be blamed? For over forty years - since the 1965 war - Pakistan's leaders have betrayed America's trust by laboring to turn mutual-security agreements into aggressive alliances of conquest against India. (It didn't work in 65, or 71, or 99, and won't work, ever.) While I don't have a high opinion of the trustworthiness of Indian promises, I do believe that they aren't interested in taking any more bites out of disputed Kashmir or Pakistan itself, nor in increased disorder within Pakistan. And they know that no attack they can make will destroy ALL of Pakistan's nukes.

Furthermore, the U.S. leadership has believed for the past couple of years that military aid expected to be applied to destroy the Taliban has instead been applied to the Indian front and even (fall 2009, we've discussed it here before) to strengthen the Taliban itself. So expecting the U.S. to continue to help pay, directly or indirectly, to equip divisions to stand against India is unreasonable.

(McCain wouldn't have thought this way - he advocated a win-win relationship with Pakistan - but Obama made it clear even as a candidate that he thought Pakistan wasn't worthy of such regard - he, Obama, would do whatever he wanted. Yeah, right!)

Kinda reminds me of the last visit:When Cameroon came by.

Make some statements which are soothing to the Indian ears to win some deals.

I wonder if US imposes an arms embargo on Pakistan,will USA companies win MRCA?

Kinda reminds me of the last visit:When Cameroon came by.

Make some statements which are soothing to the Indian ears to win some deals.

I wonder if US imposes an arms embargo on Pakistan,will USA companies win MRCA?

I personally wouldn't fall for lip service.

How much can the U.S. president be blamed? For over forty years - since the 1965 war - Pakistan's leaders have betrayed America's trust by laboring to turn mutual-security agreements into aggressive alliances of conquest against India. (It didn't work in 65, or 71, or 99, and won't work, ever.) While I don't have a high opinion of the trustworthiness of Indian promises, I do believe that they aren't interested in taking any more bites out of disputed Kashmir or Pakistan itself, nor in increased disorder within Pakistan. And they know that no attack they can make will destroy ALL of Pakistan's nukes.
Kashmir is another issue where Pakistanis want Kashmir to vote for their own independence, and Indians want the LoC to be declared the border. It's a lot more complicated then what you just put out. And I understand that you had to summarize it in one paragraph, but they are many other threads to deal with Kashmir -- this isn't the place. As well, I highly doubt Indians or Pakistanis want a war with each other nor are the leaders in either nation stupid enough to go to war without some extreme condition. BTW, the American government has only given aid to Pakistan when it suits her needs, and Pakistan uses that aid to suit her own needs. It's called self-interest; everybody does it.

Furthermore, the U.S. leadership has believed for the past couple of years that military aid expected to be applied to destroy the Taliban has instead been applied to the Indian front and even (fall 2009, we've discussed it here before) to strengthen the Taliban itself. So expecting the U.S. to continue to help pay, directly or indirectly, to equip divisions to stand against India is unreasonable.
First of all, do you proof of that? Second of all, the aid given is nothing compared to what Pakistan had lost in economic terms -- not counting the flood. Third of all, Pakistan will stop supporting the TTP when the CIA stops supporting the Afghan Taliban. See how ridiculous it sounds that the CIA would be supporting the Afghan Taliban? Same thing with Pakistan. Why would the government support a organization that has killed 30,000+ of her citizens?

(McCain wouldn't have thought this way - he advocated a win-win relationship with Pakistan - but Obama made it clear even as a candidate that he thought Pakistan wasn't worthy of such regard - he, Obama, would do whatever he wanted. Yeah, right!)
What would Mr. McCain have done that Obama hasn't? Obama has increased drone strikes, and is now even launching manned air raids within Pakistan. What would McCain do that would be a win-win for Pakistan?

Really :what:. So those AMRAAMS, Harpoons, F16's, Anti Armour, Howitzers, AIM9's, P3's, TPS77, OHP and latest Electronic Warfare equipment is for the Taliban ;). My friend, actions speak louder than words and clearly in this case American actions speak for themselves.

Sir You are right action speaks louder than words.Please compare the list of weapons supplied to Pakistan to those supplied/under Indian evaluation/Being offered to India and you will know what we are talking about.

Hint- 38 F-16 Block 52 vs 120 F-16(Super viper)block 60(on offer to India).
Actions speaking sir.

What the heck is wrong with you guys? They get to arm both sides and you don't see anything wrong with this picture? Last time they did that more than 1 million Iranian and Iraqi were killed -- think!

Well said sir.
But I tought the iraqis were armed by the soviets at that time and the Iranians were armed by the Americans.
:undecided:

Back
Top Bottom